#61 FR34KO

FR34KO

GRANDMA's BOY

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,461 posts
  • Interests:SNOWBOARDING.

Posted 31 July 2012 - 02:32 PM

Yea i thought about an in car pc, but the ipad is alot easier and i think a cleaner install as well, and the ipad cost me nothing (i won it at timezone) :P

MAAAD win

#62 TSG

TSG

Cured

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 03:01 PM

Will have to check this out next cruise, I assume your climate controls are now in the glovebox like the first guys?

#63 Rustyrobertson

Rustyrobertson

Boxer this, Boxer that, Boxer EVERYTHING!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 11:57 PM

Yea they are in the glove box as well, BEE004 got it right the first time :) although when I get the motivation I am thinking about modding the cigarette lighter and ash try spot so the climate controls fit there :) but ATM that is where my volume control and volts gauge reside (blown too many alternators to not have a decent battery and volt gauge :) )

#64 nickknack

nickknack

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:17 PM

So I'm curious about sticking an android tablet into my B4 now, did anybody resolve the issues with OBD2? My car is an MY02 revD, if I buy a dongle such as this one will it work?

#65 Rustyrobertson

Rustyrobertson

Boxer this, Boxer that, Boxer EVERYTHING!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 08:19 AM

no i am yet to look into any of that, but i plan to in the next couple of months.

#66 motoboy

motoboy

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:57 PM

i know marty is on here lol wonder where he got the idea ????????????

#67 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Stereos, Electrical

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:38 AM

Tactrix for the win. B4 ECU has limited options to monitor when it comes to using a scantool, and most standard scantools will not work, you NEED tactrix (Unless another company has done something to read the early subaru ECUs). Plug Tactrix in and get a USB-bluetooth/wireless link if there is such a beast. I know you can get them computer->bluetooth->data but you want to make it so data->bluetooth->computer.

This looks sick by the way. Seriously looking to go down this path now.

MY00 Red RX, a nice daily that was sold off once the B4 became reliable...
MY02 Blue B4, aka 'The Project' - v8 JDM STi engine package and assorted other 'goodies' - Sold, then bought back for parts. Stripped and crushed.
MY03 Blue RX, the newer old daily, pretty well more B4 than RX now... In the process of being converted to the track toy... Watch this space!
MY02 Silver Wagon, H6 conversion, full blue/black leather and almost full black interior to go with it.
MY03 White/Silver H6 Outback, donor car for silver waghoon.
MY97 Silver RX, acquired to become track car, but plans changed. To be stripped and scrapped in time.

#68 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Stereos, Electrical

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:46 AM

Have a look at www.aircable.com - see if there is anything useful there...

MY00 Red RX, a nice daily that was sold off once the B4 became reliable...
MY02 Blue B4, aka 'The Project' - v8 JDM STi engine package and assorted other 'goodies' - Sold, then bought back for parts. Stripped and crushed.
MY03 Blue RX, the newer old daily, pretty well more B4 than RX now... In the process of being converted to the track toy... Watch this space!
MY02 Silver Wagon, H6 conversion, full blue/black leather and almost full black interior to go with it.
MY03 White/Silver H6 Outback, donor car for silver waghoon.
MY97 Silver RX, acquired to become track car, but plans changed. To be stripped and scrapped in time.

#69 nickknack

nickknack

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 06:07 PM

Finished installing my Nexus 7 today. There's still a few things to come, namely an external volume controller as controlling it on the screen is a pain, and some rubber edging to cover up my not so neat dash surgery :P
Also need to sort out some form of blanking plate I can cut up to go underneath... Can you buy any that are generic?

But so far, really happy, it does music and satnav and looks cool! May need to investigate tactrix cables down the line as well.

Pics:

Posted Image

Posted Image

And of course....

Posted Image

#70 Hypnotic

Hypnotic

Everything you see is an hallucination

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,835 posts
  • Interests:long walks behind abandoned buildings.

Posted 23 February 2013 - 06:14 PM

Looks great Nick!

As soon as she hands it to you, slowly take of your pants, then, while staring her straight in the eyes rub it against the tip of you penis, while continuing your painfully intense gaze whisper to her;

"My eye is watering, this might be a bit hot"

I should just convert to single, right?

Horsepower Factory

Revzone Auto Tuning Centre

#71 aekOne

aekOne

Boss Pelican

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,349 posts
  • Interests:Regulating

Posted 23 February 2013 - 06:27 PM

sweet install mate. looks mad!

: My Liberty :

signature_1_35.jpg

#72 FR34KO

FR34KO

GRANDMA's BOY

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,461 posts
  • Interests:SNOWBOARDING.

Posted 23 February 2013 - 06:35 PM

Looks excellent.

#73 Morgan

Morgan

...jus waitin' 4 a m8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,485 posts
  • Interests:Taking a poo

Posted 23 February 2013 - 07:01 PM

Super cool man!

IM47Gcv.jpg

#74 Richo

Richo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,765 posts
  • Interests:Not the internet

Posted 23 February 2013 - 07:10 PM

Finished installing my Nexus 7 today. There's still a few things to come, namely an external volume controller as controlling it on the screen is a pain, and some rubber edging to cover up my not so neat dash surgery :P
Also need to sort out some form of blanking plate I can cut up to go underneath... Can you buy any that are generic?

But so far, really happy, it does music and satnav and looks cool! May need to investigate tactrix cables down the line as well.

Pics:

Posted Image

Posted Image

And of course....

Posted Image

Looks better than the ipad IMO - seems to prefer that aspect. What are the details of the nexus (are there different ones or are they all physically the same... cbf using google :D )

Stuff goes here

#75 nickknack

nickknack

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 07:48 PM

Its a 7inch quad core tablet with 32gb running vanilla android.. I didn't like the orientation of the iPad so I opted for a 7inch tablet, which also means I got to keep climate control. Unfortunately I bought mine before they announced the 3G version.

I have it set up so that it powers on the screen and starts playing music when the key is turned to acc, and off when it's turned off. My phone is also setup to turn on its hotspot as soon as it connects to my HU's Bluetooth, to tether the tablet. I will see how it goes, if it doesn't work out I'll swap it out for a 3G model.

#76 Hypnotic

Hypnotic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,835 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:05 PM

It fits perfectly, ever since I heard you mention it not long ago, I have been gazing at the one at work thinking about doing this.

As soon as she hands it to you, slowly take of your pants, then, while staring her straight in the eyes rub it against the tip of you penis, while continuing your painfully intense gaze whisper to her;

Horsepower Factory

#77 nickknack

nickknack

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:43 PM

The only annoyance is the cupholder. I had to cut and file away bits of it, and the tablet mount to make it fit. Even so, it's not quite centred fully

#78 Hypnotic

Hypnotic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,835 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:46 PM

Still looks great, much better than an Ipad, dont get me wrong, I use apple products but I am slowly moving to android so this is perfect, although I like my audio so maybe I may stick with a proper HU screen for now

Horsepower Factory

#79 nickknack

nickknack

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:02 PM

Whatever suits you. A head unit would be a lot simpler as well :D My tablet is connected to the aux in port of a head unit mounted under the seat, maybe not audiophile spec but my speakers are not good enough to hear the difference :P

With an iPad, none of this would be possible:

I have it set up so that it powers on the screen and starts playing music when the key is turned to acc, and off when it's turned off. My phone is also setup to turn on its hotspot as soon as it connects to my HU's Bluetooth, to tether the tablet.

#80 Hypnotic

Hypnotic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,835 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:04 PM

Yeah old age has turned me Audiophile spec so probably not best for me these days.

Horsepower Factory

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users