NO AIDS

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,230 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 10:17 PM

Very, very cool.

#22 Rustyrobertson

Rustyrobertson

Boxer this, Boxer that, Boxer EVERYTHING!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 01:41 AM

i love it! :) it looks awsome :P volume control mount idea; do you have the key pad for the imbolizer? or is that only WRX's? if not our centre console has a indent between the gear stick and arm rest (centre console). mount there for nice out of the way easy access position. :) also if your not a smoker and are keen on relocating the cigarette lighter, maybe put your climate controls down there?? i understand that would require some work to dremel out the exsisting fixtures.

i may copy you in the future because i love this idea :)

#23 BEE004

BEE004

Mephobia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 07:00 AM

yeah i have stupid key pad i was thinking along the same line as you have it down low maybe on gear shift surround

modification of air con control to where the ligter/ashtray is would be a bigger job than mounting the ipad but yeah my gears have been turning on that one too
also thought of losing the two center vents and relocating the hazard switch

note in the video still have to come up with a better connector as it is now it sits in front of the ashtray( cut up a dock maybe)

#24 SAV84C

SAV84C

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,480 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 07:15 AM

Posted Image

Have u thought about mounting the climate control on the dash with a fiberglass dash pod... Tape up the control with masking tape n run some wax on the tape then spray some expander foam all over it then shave it to desired shape cover with fiberglass then paint.. My brother did this for a custom triple gauge pod with PVC pipe to hold the gauges

#25 acres

acres

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 09:56 AM

That's really clever. Looks great too.

#26 bd-850

bd-850

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 10:47 AM

bd-850\
have you tried torque or dashcommand and also what year is your b4 as it will only work with late 01 onwards(denso)
has to be obd2 compilant

Xon
I need the PLX wifi-imdf one for what I am setting up (bluetooth one only good if you iDevice is jailbroken)

mine is a 01 D Rev

#27 FR34KO

FR34KO

GRANDMA's BOY

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,461 posts
  • Interests:SNOWBOARDING.

Posted 19 January 2012 - 10:47 AM

this is bloody awesome! such a cool idea..

As for the volume control, which you have already overcome, but with my Fusion amp, it came with a remote volume control knob. It runs straight from the amp, from a Ethernet style plug to wherever, ive just mounted mine to the left and below the steering wheel. It also has a power indicator led on it too.

Goodluck with the rest of this!

#28 bd-850

bd-850

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 12:07 PM

can you mountit on the back of the steering wheel? would be stealth

#29 BEE004

BEE004

Mephobia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 01:21 PM

update
here what i did the amp i bought came with a level controller but i already bought one from jaycar and have decided to use it as it looks nicer and you can pull the box apart that it comes in
easier to mount as it has a nut, i also got a usb cig. charger and pulled it apart also so i can permantly mount it but it has come up as not charging(more research any ways hers some eye candy
Posted Image
Posted Image

#30 Morgan

Morgan

...jus waitin' 4 a m8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,485 posts
  • Interests:Taking a poo

Posted 19 January 2012 - 01:58 PM

Neat!

IM47Gcv.jpg

#31 bd-850

bd-850

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 02:24 PM

i would have put it into one of those blank switch mounts, but too late now

#32 Xon

Xon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 02:41 PM

Why did you drill a permanent hole in the dash if you're planning to replace it with the touch volume control later anyway?

I would have gone to the kitchen, collected a brown bag, dropped my dacks, pinched off a loaf in said bag, done up dacks, stickytaped bag, placed bag in envelope, and mailed it right to your face for being such a tool.

It's ok, sometimes when we herp, we also derp.

#33 BEE004

BEE004

Mephobia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 03:35 PM

Why did you drill a permanent hole in the dash if you're planning to replace it with the touch volume control later anyway?

I am inclined to leave it like this but theres always fiberglass and paint
I was going to put in one of the blank thing but then decided its volume control should be near unit

#34 BEE004

BEE004

Mephobia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 07:47 PM

Heres some pics now its all finished the ipad(dontknow weather ipad2 is different dimensions or not) itself fits snug in behind the facia with out cutting anything
you'll see how i used scews and a masking tape wegde to hold it iin tight. i wont rabble on about everything one day i might write a how to

PROS: digital music excellent sound and easy flick screen to skip song
fits easily
looks awsome
apps apps apps DASHCOMMAND

CONS: sound volume has to be done with knob
gps wont work properly in dash
video wont play on screen while plug into av composite lead (maybe use a dock for power it has audio out)
you have to make sure when you buy a power supply that it will charge IPAD as most dont

that being said i will over come most of these with Jailbreak, bluetooth app and a BT GPS reciever, video mirror app and (might be able to get vol control back not that it matters now)

ENJOY
Posted Image
Posted Image
note the cupholder if you remove the screw and drill the mount away it let the ipad move over a little and holds it in place
Posted Image
Posted Image
RESPONSE apm from jarcar 4x50W RMS this is set to about 1/4 of it capacity
Posted Image
Posted Image

Jaycar Amp came with a remote level(no instructions how to use) so i mounted it in the center console for the sub in boot
as i run line out from the response amp to amp in boot thinking it would control it but it dose nothing at all
Jaycar level controler that i bought(big one in pic) is the one i used on the dash you can pull the box apart so it not huge

#35 simon

simon

Mr POINTY

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,096 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 08:51 AM

-1 point for LMFAO............... :sarcastic: Is having the climate control in the glovey really really annoying?? dont get me wrong i really like the iPad idea. just while driving reaching across to change settings on the c/c would suck balls.

SOLD Legacy GTB 

SOLD Gen 1 RS turbo wagon

SOLD Gen2 Outback limited

Car less atm.......Whats next??

#36 SAV84C

SAV84C

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,480 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 10:29 AM

Posted Image

Have u thought about mounting the climate control on the dash with a fiberglass dash pod... Tape up the control with masking tape n run some wax on the tape then spray some expander foam all over it then shave it to desired shape cover with fiberglass then paint.. My brother did this for a custom triple gauge pod with PVC pipe to hold the gauges

Sinbad, that's why I suggested above

#37 BEE004

BEE004

Mephobia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 01:13 PM

not that bad actually cause i usally set and forget but iam working on relocation atm

today i disconnected the av composite leads and just put power only to the dock connector
and made up a lead(hacked up one i alredy had) so sound now comes from the headphone jack(was very tight squeze)
which now gives me vol control on the ipad but i left knob hooked up as well cause it is easier to change vol while driving(dont have to look at screen)
and inturn has solved my vid out problem

#38 simon

simon

Mr POINTY

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,096 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 03:06 PM

Sinbad, that's why I suggested above

yeah yeah i read that. i personally wouldn't put it up there on the dash. i was asking if where he has mounted it is annoying. cause the glovey seem like the easiest option.........but there has to be some other location for it.

SOLD Legacy GTB 

SOLD Gen 1 RS turbo wagon

SOLD Gen2 Outback limited

Car less atm.......Whats next??

#39 BEE004

BEE004

Mephobia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 08:32 PM

Heres another vid I think i might get some fiberglass and remount it Landscape style(big job) with A/C below it

I forgot to show wii remote skips songs as well
and i was tapping dasboards but it was already loading

#40 Hypnotic

Hypnotic

Everything you see is an hallucination

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,835 posts
  • Interests:long walks behind abandoned buildings.

Posted 22 January 2012 - 08:50 PM

I like this install.

One question, which probably has be answered so I apologise if I am asking again, with the volume control, why didn't you just put it in one of these spaces circled in yellow rather than in the actual surround itself?Attached File  013ct.jpg   127.34KB   0 downloads

As soon as she hands it to you, slowly take of your pants, then, while staring her straight in the eyes rub it against the tip of you penis, while continuing your painfully intense gaze whisper to her;

"My eye is watering, this might be a bit hot"

I should just convert to single, right?

Horsepower Factory

Revzone Auto Tuning Centre

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users