• Please log in to reply
470 replies to this topic

#441 Shaz

Shaz

Differential Studios

• SC Videographer
  • 23,188 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 03:33 PM

Fitted the drivers side S13 seat today. 2 of the bolt holes weren't too bad to fit, but the other 2 were a PITA. Ended up swapping across the KE rails, onto the S13 bottoms, and using them.

Took about 2hrs. Eleventymillion times better then the standard KE seat, but it won't be permanent. I want to get a bride or recaro or similar with a proper rail, but it will do for now.

Posted Image

Cheers,
Shazza

I put up with people from amnesty, red cross and now the cancer council almost daily hounding me!! Throw in the greens, green peace, unhcr, save the forking children and I've well and truly hit my limit for the number of fuckstains wanting me to sign something or give money. Seriously cubts,  :fork: right off.

#442 Alex

Alex

NO AIDS

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,230 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 10:37 PM

Nice!!!!

#443 Zach.

Zach.

#aidsmobile

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts
  • Interests:Toyotas, Bitches, Drugs, Motorbikes, Goodtimes

Posted 21 July 2012 - 11:29 PM

Nice man, needs moar CA already :P got a few feelers out for a diff for you too ;)

Finding aftermarket rails to match a bride, recaro, etc for these things is an absolute headache and when you do find them they are not cheap.. Best bet would be getting brackets and rails fab'd to suit..

Cheers,
Zach.

Go away you coathanger dodging failed abortion.

#444 vicelore

vicelore

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,579 posts
  • Interests:Subbies, Dubs, Boost, Beer , Wine , My Two Awesome Girls

Posted 24 July 2012 - 02:30 PM

Posted Image'ing love this build man.. One car that inspires me that id never thaught about building before..

ticks all the right box`s. Cheap, fun, square.. Love it..

Was there any advantage to the vinyl over paint ? seems paint would be allot easier and tuffer ??

#445 Shaz

Shaz

Differential Studios

• SC Videographer
  • 23,188 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 02:35 PM

Posted Image'ing love this build man.. One car that inspires me that id never thaught about building before..

ticks all the right box`s. Cheap, fun, square.. Love it..

Was there any advantage to the vinyl over paint ? seems paint would be allot easier and tuffer ??

Hey boss,

In terms of outside application, I prefer paint over vinyl. Vinyl is good if you're looking for a matte black, satin black or any kind of pattern on the outside, as you print it onto the vinyl first, then apply. But yeah, paint is much more durable and longer lasting.

Few more pics.

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Cheers,
Shazza

I put up with people from amnesty, red cross and now the cancer council almost daily hounding me!! Throw in the greens, green peace, unhcr, save the forking children and I've well and truly hit my limit for the number of fuckstains wanting me to sign something or give money. Seriously cubts,  :fork: right off.

#446 vicelore

vicelore

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,579 posts
  • Interests:Subbies, Dubs, Boost, Beer , Wine , My Two Awesome Girls

Posted 24 July 2012 - 03:16 PM

Looking nice.

Oh seen ya on the last mighty cock munchers vid too.. Pretty cooll.. :)

#447 R-Y

R-Y

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 987 posts
  • Interests:Rugby league, surfing, cars, music (Rise Against)

Posted 24 July 2012 - 03:55 PM

Saw you last weekend Shaz while i was down getting rims of Aek and Zac. Was dissapointed i saw no side ways action though.

#448 Ben_20EJT

Ben_20EJT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,397 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 04:17 PM

Hey boss,

In terms of outside application, I prefer paint over vinyl. Vinyl is good if you're looking for a matte black, satin black or any kind of pattern on the outside, as you print it onto the vinyl first, then apply. But yeah, paint is much more durable and longer lasting.

Few more pics.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Cheers,
Shazza

NEW BOSS VS OLD BOSS OF THE LIGHTS......

freeway.jpeg 

#449 Shaz

Shaz

Differential Studios

• SC Videographer
  • 23,188 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 04:25 PM

Saw you last weekend Shaz while i was down getting rims of Aek and Zac. Was dissapointed i saw no side ways action though.

If you'd have driven behind me for 5 minutes, you wouldn't have been.

Right Ben?

:)

Cheers,
Shazza

#450 Ben_20EJT

Ben_20EJT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,397 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 04:47 PM

If you'd have driven behind me for 5 minutes, you wouldn't have been.

Shazza

or driven to the cruise meet up with me and shaz.

freeway.jpeg 

#451 R-Y

R-Y

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 987 posts
  • Interests:Rugby league, surfing, cars, music (Rise Against)

Posted 24 July 2012 - 07:01 PM

Never new anything was on, woulda stayed if i knew. Saw Aek and Zac for like 2 minutes and then it started pissing down so we had to scramble and shove 2 sets of rims in my car. Fun times.Your car looks fun though.

#452 AussieTemplar

AussieTemplar

BMW driver on a Subaru forum

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,586 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 07:50 PM

Car is looking boss.

EHUf263.jpg?3

Get out of my thread.

#453 RX25SE

RX25SE

...............Car nerd................ now a H6 pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts
  • Interests:Cars with chrome bumpers!

Posted 26 July 2012 - 08:23 PM

Copied from GT because racecar.

Okay, so I'm sorting out my diff.

Going to use a R31 auto diff (28 spline, 3.9:1) with the KE70 mounts relocated onto the diff. The diff itself is 60mm wider, so I'm going to find some +30 offset rear wheels to combat the extra length (or run bolt on guards) Then i'm going to buy a MiniSpool for $99, and bung that in, followed by mounting 2 sets of VS Commodore calipers on the rear (One set dedicated for Hydro handbrake, and the other for normal handbrake) Adjustable panhard rod, with KE70 mount switched across.

Jase / Josh / Techheads? That wont break behind a CA18 will it? Lol.

Maybe not in a S13, but in a KE70 that weighs 800kgs, with a bit of encouragement (re: boost) I don't think im going to have a choice in the traction debate. Might even go for 9" rear wheels with some CHUNKY rubber on it.

Two calipers? WTF.
Are you sure the Commo rears wont give it too much bias? You might need to investigate front calipers piston size and master bore size to make it all work (Pascals law if you are into physics)

You have 800kg car so the R31 is enough. Even with eleventy billion fasts it will just break traction. You could put a Morris 1000 diff in it and I doubt it will bust it.

9''? Doubt you will have enough torque to turn it. Leave it for the real cars like the V8s. :P

If I told you I was a compulsive liar, would you believe me?

#454 Alex

Alex

NO AIDS

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,230 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 08:30 PM

I agree with Jase.

Why reinvent the wheel (handbrake)?

Good set of of rear discs.

Get savvy with handbrake maintenance/cable replacement/pad/shoe replacement.

I used to hate handbrake drum shoes. Now that I've figured them out, I absolutely love them!!

#455 RX25SE

RX25SE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 08:31 PM

How are you going to supply enough fliud volume to the big fuckoff front brakes?
You will need a larger bore master to supply the volume (maybe a fast fill master like used on a Falcodore) which will increase pedal effort so you will need a bigger booster which means you need...................and so on.

How the Posted Image will the rear brakes cool if nearly half the rotor is covered in caliper?

Like Alex said, HH is not for street.

:)

#456 RX25SE

RX25SE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 08:34 PM

I used to hate handbrake drum shoes. Now that I've figured them out, I absolutely love them!!

Agree.

The beauty of drums is that they self energise (duo servo setup, like most h/brakes) so the harder they work the more they bite, it's just a pity that drums fade faster than discs.

#457 Alex

Alex

NO AIDS

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,230 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 08:42 PM

Beautiful thing is that if you get to know a shoe resurfacing place, have a few pairs handy, and have them resurfaced for spastic cheap, and just keep exchanging. :)

#458 Hypnotic

Hypnotic

Everything you see is an hallucination

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,835 posts
  • Interests:long walks behind abandoned buildings.

Posted 26 July 2012 - 10:04 PM

Looks sick!!

love this thread Shazza.

As soon as she hands it to you, slowly take of your pants, then, while staring her straight in the eyes rub it against the tip of you penis, while continuing your painfully intense gaze whisper to her;

"My eye is watering, this might be a bit hot"

I should just convert to single, right?

Horsepower Factory

Revzone Auto Tuning Centre

#459 Shaz

Shaz

Differential Studios

• SC Videographer
  • 23,188 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 08:29 AM

You all make very valid points.

Hydro handbrake will purely be for track duties. As I said, it is completely and easily removable so theres no need to have it attached for street duties.

The reason I'm considering the dual caliper setup, is that the standard R31 handbrake won't stop shit, and are renowned for being a spastic design from factory. According to alot of the other blokes who have done this conversion, (and a diff shop I spoke to) running the twin vs commo calipers on it eliminates the shithouse factory design, and will allow for it to lock.

As for the front brakes, it will be getting a Hilux brake booster, and master cylinder. More then enough to power the tarago brakes up front. The rear disc cooling is interesting though, I didn't really think of that.

You see, if I convert the rear end to disc (Which if i use the R31 diff, I will) I need for the standard brakes to work, along with the hydro handbrake. And I'm not sure of how one goes about tapping into a standard braking system to allow for the hydro handbrake setup?

Ash - Thanks mate!

#460 Alex

Alex

NO AIDS

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,230 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 08:52 AM

Too messy Shaz.

Too messy for a road car.

I think you really need to reasses things here. On many levels...

It's quite clear that you want a heavily modified car here. Cool. But, with all this talk of hydro handbrake, (it doesn't matter if it's removable or not)... You still have hydraulic brake lines coming into the car: illegal. Twin caliper rear discs... Custom backing plates, custom lines, seperate master...etc. Forget having a roadworthy car. If you get pulled over, you WILL get raped. No way you'll get this engineered.

Perhaps another diff choice is in order?

Sure, the R31 would be cheap and easy, but brakes are shit.
Are there any other diff options you could utilize that have more braking options?

Shaz - seriously reasses things here. Is this a road car? Or a racecar?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users