←  Builds and Projects

Suby Club

»

2000 Liberty Sedan STI conversion

vicelore's Photo vicelore 23 Sep 2013

Yup. trust me I know too.. 

But i was paying for the important stuff first.. getting the car driving the way it should.. which it is now. So seats and a new wheel will prob be next on the agenda.

The project is starting to come together now.. And im starting to get happy with the car.. 

I pulled up next to a 180sx and a suped up rex today.. they where crusing infront of me.. they didnt know what hit them when i hit the boost and pulled up next to them after a 130kmph squirt.. they looked suprised ..

Arh sleeper ftw.

terencehng's Photo terencehng 23 Sep 2013

if only your dashs were all black like the rx's.. or you could spray them with plastic spray

vicelore's Photo vicelore 23 Sep 2013

I think some of the D E versions had black all over the dash..

terencehng's Photo terencehng 24 Sep 2013

yup, rev d&e rx's are all black :)

Guest_KONG_* 24 Sep 2013

yup, rev d&e rx's are all black :)

The ones I have seen are all a darker wood grain. Never seen a pure black OEM option.

Glad you are having fun Vice.
Give them hell mate.

vicelore's Photo vicelore 24 Sep 2013

Noticed clicking today at low speed under load.. Even in Auto with all settings.. Got me thinking That i may of got a gear bag with a aftermarket center diff or something..

I was told by my mechanic that he has a cusco one in his evo that makes simular noises.. Since my half cut was a ex race car it wouldn't surprise me..

Its not really effecting the way the car drives now at any speed over 30 kmph the diff is engaging and everything feels tight and good.

Its when the car is sending power to the rear that it clicks.. Could be a normal STI thing but i need conformation on this.

nickknack's Photo nickknack 24 Sep 2013

The ones I have seen are all a darker wood grain. Never seen a pure black OEM option.

Glad you are having fun Vice.
Give them hell mate.

I have a stereo surround that has the same sort of brushed finish as the audm B4, but in black. Looks nice, but it's a pain to find matching gear surround and other bits. It was a jdm option though.

Samwise's Photo Samwise 24 Sep 2013

I have a stereo surround that has the same sort of brushed finish as the audm B4, but in black. Looks nice, but it's a pain to find matching gear surround and other bits. It was a jdm option though.

That's what I have. I've got the complete set though :D

allpaw4's Photo allpaw4 24 Sep 2013

Yea, I have the same thing, black brushed ally. The 401's came out with a matt black surround though. Hence why they are rare as hens teeth.

One of these days I'll get around to uploading the brochure I have of it...

vicelore's Photo vicelore 04 Oct 2013

So after having my Varex fitted for 3 hours my control unit decided to burn out.. It literally just stoped working .

After taking it back to my tuners they explained that it looked to of burnt out. I then contacted Xforce and their first question was was it hard wired. 

I explained that it was and they stated it was a big no no for them. 

They offered a replacment control unit but ive decided to just hard wire it to a 6 pin toggle switch myself and hide that under the drivers seat somewhere..

Ill post up some pics when ive done it. 

Adam's Photo Adam 04 Oct 2013

Farout dude. Everything you get stuffs up!!!!

Tim.'s Photo Tim. 04 Oct 2013

Tough luck. How do they mean hard wired? How else would it be wired?

nickknack's Photo nickknack 04 Oct 2013

I think you're meant to use the remote that comes with it. Why under the seat? Wouldn't centre console/glovebox be more accessible? 

Yea I know.. I spose when you modify 90% of a car your gonna run into problems.. This is actually one problem i dont mind.. As i was thinking of hard wiring it anyhow.

When i say hard wired i mean wired the power into a 12v source.. Xforce recommend you plug it into the cigarette lighter and will not warranty it any other way.

But yea im just gonna bypass the whole control unit and put a switch in.. As for the placement I just dont want it visible and under the seat is easy to flick without anyone seeing.

I may put it on the side of the glove box or something.. Ill have to see how it goes.

Tim.'s Photo Tim. 04 Oct 2013

When i say hard wired i mean wired the power into a 12v source.. Xforce recommend you plug it into the cigarette lighter and will not warranty it any other way.

I was hoping this isn't what they were meaning, as it make zero difference. ...As long as you have the correct fuse.

cameron's Photo cameron 04 Oct 2013

I was hoping this isn't what they were meaning, as it make zero difference. ...As long as you have the correct fuse.

exactly what difference does it make if it hard wired or in the cigarette lighter its still a 12v power supply

Beckers's Photo Beckers 04 Oct 2013

exactly what difference does it make if it hard wired or in the cigarette lighter its still a 12v power supply

Cigarette lighter is fused.

I asked them that.. my response from Xforce was ..

"Because, the control module are not designed to be hard-wired. and most of our customers who has done so are had the same problem.

Thanks.

Kind regards,
Khampha"

I was like what ever and started researching how to wire it to a switch.

Mosti's Photo Mosti 04 Oct 2013

That's a very illiterate reply from Khampha...

hahahha yea I know.. Useless