150 replies to this topic

#41 SUBARU

SUBARU

Massive Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,542 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 09:34 AM

Thanks for the offer. :D I'll sort you out with low priced WL stuff. ;)

Same container. Ive got a steering wheel and ecu, so only small stuff.

ahhhh, that's way too easy mate! Just a few little things there, so no sweat!

#42 CRUISN

CRUISN

Doin it my way.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,970 posts
  • Interests:Family, Surfing, Cars.

Posted 23 December 2008 - 11:27 AM

ME! ME! PICK ME!

I'll trade you soop's virginity for cheap WL gear!

Can do, but postage may hurt due to you living virtually on the other side of the world. :D Cheaper to send to NZ :lol:

You cant trade what is not available. :D

OEM+

#43 Soop

Soop

Suck, squeeze, bang, blow.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 11:39 AM

Yeah, Those camel trains cost a fortune.
TSM

#44 SUBARU

SUBARU

Massive Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,542 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 01:43 PM

RSK seats are in! They are in top nik, just need a little bit of a clean up. The backs aren't bolted in properly yet as I have to run my amp/speaker wiring properly before I finish it all. They look great and are a heap more supportive than the old seats. I'll get some pics up as soon as I've cleaned up the seats and interior and have re-wired my amp/speaker cables.

#45 CRUISN

CRUISN

Doin it my way.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,970 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 02:38 PM

Ive seen them. They look the goods as does your RX. Sounded good driving off :D

OEM+

#46 SUBARU

SUBARU

Massive Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,542 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 09:09 PM

So I spent the day installing a new HU! I ended up going for a Pioneer AVIC-F900BT and it's awesome!

Posted Image

It has inbuilt GPS, Bluetooth, DVD/DivX, iPod interface, USB, SD card slot, 3 RCA outs, reverse camera input and Aux monitor input.

What a great system, it is streets ahead of the Alpine single DIN iPod interface I had in previously and the sound has improved 10 fold!
The only thing I don't like so far is that it barks like a dog when a speed camera alert is coming up and the info box that contains current speed/posted speed limit and distance to destination is very small. Other than that it's a great package.

If anyone is interested, yes I have set it up so that all DVD and systems settings can be accessed while the car is driving....

I haven't had a chance to take any pics of it mounted in the car, but will do so at some stage tomorrow.

#47 CRUISN

CRUISN

Doin it my way.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,970 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 08:23 AM

Sexytimes. :D

OEM+

#48 buddylove

buddylove

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 08:53 AM

So I spent the day installing a new HU! I ended up going for a Pioneer AVIC-F900BT and it's awesome!

Posted Image

It has inbuilt GPS, Bluetooth, DVD/DivX, iPod interface, USB, SD card slot, 3 RCA outs, reverse camera input and Aux monitor input.

whoah. that is one sexy looking headunit. whats the rrp on these bad boys?

MY07 GT-B 6MT Sedan

#49 SUBARU

SUBARU

Massive Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,542 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 09:54 AM

whoah. that is one sexy looking headunit. whats the rrp on these bad boys?

RRP is something like $2000.

#50 Xon

Xon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 09:58 AM

Haha damn. Could build a rocking carpc for that :( Looks awesome though, and a lot less f**king around I'm sure. Do you need a separate GPS antenna for it?

I would have gone to the kitchen, collected a brown bag, dropped my dacks, pinched off a loaf in said bag, done up dacks, stickytaped bag, placed bag in envelope, and mailed it right to your face for being such a tool.

It's ok, sometimes when we herp, we also derp.

#51 SUBARU

SUBARU

Massive Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,542 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 10:13 AM

Haha damn. Could build a rocking carpc for that :( Looks awesome though, and a lot less f**king around I'm sure.
Do you need a separate GPS antenna for it?

I know its expensive, but I made sure that I had some $$'s knocked off the RRP. Ended up geting it for 1700.

It sure is a lot less stuffing around than a carpc - That would just be overkill for my needs! Yes, you need a seperate GPS antenna. I've got it mounted on the rear parcel shelf.

#52 Shiv

Shiv

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,741 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 10:28 AM

That looks like a really neat unit! Its good you didn't go down the path of buying those really generic eBay listed systems as that would've led to problems I reckon. I'd prefer pay the premium and get one of these like you did, than going through the all the complexities of getting a CarPC up and running. But I wanna see pics of it integrated in your gen3 console...

liftbacktestCustom3_zps39c01efc.jpg

#53 SUBARU

SUBARU

Massive Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,542 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 11:07 AM

That looks like a really neat unit! Its good you didn't go down the path of buying those really generic eBay listed systems as that would've led to problems I reckon.

I'd prefer pay the premium and get one of these like you did, than going through the all the complexities of getting a CarPC up and running. But I wanna see pics of it integrated in your gen3 console...

Yeah, I thought about the crappy ebay ones for a little bit and couldn't be bothered with the unknown... You get what you pay for when it comes to these things.

As requested, pics below and also on the first page.

Posted Image

Top Menu
Posted Image

Radio
Posted Image

GPS
Posted Image

AV menu
Posted Image

DVD
Posted Image

iPod
Posted Image

#54 Hypnotic

Hypnotic

Everything you see is an hallucination

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,835 posts
  • Interests:long walks behind abandoned buildings.

Posted 23 February 2009 - 11:08 AM

looking good

As soon as she hands it to you, slowly take of your pants, then, while staring her straight in the eyes rub it against the tip of you penis, while continuing your painfully intense gaze whisper to her;

"My eye is watering, this might be a bit hot"

I should just convert to single, right?

Horsepower Factory

Revzone Auto Tuning Centre

#55 Blaeven

Blaeven

The Renowned

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 11:25 AM

heaps jealous... that's one sexy looking HU!

2mmwi1w.jpg

#56 Xon

Xon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 11:29 AM

heaps jealous... that's one sexy looking HU!

Do you even need a head unit with your exhaust note? :D

I would have gone to the kitchen, collected a brown bag, dropped my dacks, pinched off a loaf in said bag, done up dacks, stickytaped bag, placed bag in envelope, and mailed it right to your face for being such a tool.

It's ok, sometimes when we herp, we also derp.

#57 Shiv

Shiv

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,741 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 11:30 AM

Very nice, and the buttons are illuminated the same colour as your climate control and dash lights so it doesn't look out of place. If only you could get that same glossy finish on the climate control plastic... But all in all - very nice!! :D

liftbacktestCustom3_zps39c01efc.jpg

#58 SUBARU

SUBARU

Massive Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,542 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 11:42 AM

Do you even need a head unit with your exhaust note? :D

Hahaha... I've actually dulled down my exhaust a notch as it was starting to give me the shits. OEM centre pipe FTW! But now when this stereo is turned up, I hear nothing from the outside of the car - at all...

Very nice, and the buttons are illuminated the same colour as your climate control and dash lights so it doesn't look out of place. If only you could get that same glossy finish on the climate control plastic...

But all in all - very nice!! :D

I thought that I was stuck with bright blue button lights again (something that annoyed me about the old Alpine HU) but then discovered that you can change them to what ever colour you like. It will let you customise colours or even cycle through the whole spectrum for blinging looking buttonz.

I was a little worried that the gloss finish wouldn't match the rest of the dash, but you don't notice it after about 2 seconds.

#59 CRUISN

CRUISN

Doin it my way.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,970 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 11:43 AM

Very well integrated. Me likey. Nice work Chris. Inside of the car could use a clean and vacuum though. :lol:

OEM+

#60 SUBARU

SUBARU

Massive Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,542 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 11:45 AM

You're a cheeky man Mark.. haha! As I mentioned over on the other place, I've been meaning to give the interior a good clean out for a while. Between installing the new seats, working, ripping apart the whole stereo system and rewiring everything I haven't had a chance! I'm planning on giving the car a whole lot of cleaning love this weekend. Might even head over to the unlimited car wash on Somerville Road!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users