←  Builds and Projects

Suby Club

»

SUBARU's WhiteRX

cracka's Photo cracka 26 Apr 2009

god i miss drinking,, the thing i miss the most is the part where you get pissed,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

SUBARU's Photo SUBARU 26 Apr 2009

god i miss drinking,, the thing i miss the most is the part where you get pissed,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Hahaha! I have the perfect solution to your problem.... Go buy booze, but not before sending the wife an kids away on a lifesyle pampering type weekend get away....

BTW, the brakes are going great guns mate... Put new pads in the rear end and now it stops on a dime.

cracka's Photo cracka 26 Apr 2009

not a bad idea that hehe might give it a go, glad the brakes worked out o.k cause i'm pretty happy with mine too. best upgrade to date IMO. aarr then again getting a tune was proly the best thing i did for my car, no pinging issues yay

SUBARU's Photo SUBARU 22 Jun 2009

So, I've made a few slight changes. 1. OEM headers are back on. 2. OEM centre pipe is back on. 3. MRT diff back is back on. 4. OEM air feed resonator is back on. The car is so quiet now, and I've gotta say.... I like it! It's a much more comfortable drive now and strangely enough, is actually smoother to drive. There was a bit of "jerkiness" to the throttle response with all of the old gear on there. Now, the big question.... Q. Has there been a decrease in performance? A. NONE. Just thought I'd put that out there for anyone that's considering modding an NA. The only reason you'd need to put any go fast bits on it is to make extra noise.

CRUISN's Photo CRUISN 22 Jun 2009

So for sale soon? Found a replacement?

SUBARU's Photo SUBARU 22 Jun 2009

Yeah, might be for sale soon. I can't make up my mind as to what I'd like as a replacement. Applying for a few jobs that provide company cars also, so it's a bit tricky to make a firm decision at the moment.

Soop's Photo Soop 23 Jun 2009

I lawld. You know you want 6ltr sports wagon goodness... AVLS is optional.

Alex's Photo Alex 23 Jun 2009

I lawld.

You know you want 6ltr sports wagon goodness... AVLS is optional.

Rob a bank, and wait for the G-wagen to be re-released in Oz as the G-Class.

cricky cricky you pants go sticky

Be sure to check out the photo gallery too!

RX25SE's Photo RX25SE 23 Jun 2009

Like an old Volvo ad....... 'They might be boxy, but at least they're safe' Cheers J

SUBARU's Photo SUBARU 23 Jun 2009

You're right Paul, an SS V Sportwagon would be nice.

I would love a G Waghoon! Especially a G55.

How tough does this look for a Merc?

Posted Image

SUBARU's Photo SUBARU 07 Jul 2009

Sooo... Some of yuou might be aware that I've been banging on about selling the Lib and getting something different. After having a good hard think about it, chatting to the missus, family, e.t.c. I've decided that the Lib is staying. Not too sure what I was thinking really as it's quite a good car really. However, there's a few things that I'm looking at to try and make it an even better car. Few questions: 1. What are the best springs to use with my Billies. I'd like to lower it a little bit as the Billies have raised the ride height.. Keep in mind that I don't want too harsh a ride, just a nice height to fill in the gaurds, like what Kings deliver from standard struts. 2. This one is really left of field but bare with me. When cruising at 100kph in 5th, the engine spins at just under 3000rpm. I honestly believe that the car would cruise more nicely at around 2000rpm and improve highway fuel consumption and crusing comfort. Is there a way to acheive this? Do I need to have a 6th gear or can I get the ratios changed on the current 5MT? Or, am I just being silly? 3. Has anyone found of a way or head of a way to make the steering rack both tilt and telescopic, instead of just tilt. Seriously guys, how much better would this make the driving position in a Gen3? 4. If I was to humour the idea of a single turbo conversion, what sort of $$'s am I looking at? The whole thing from go to whoa with decent components. Don't get too excited lads, just investigting at the moment! 5. Anyone know any good paint shops in Melb? I want to get my front and rear bars, skirts resprayed and a few other things touched up all over the car... Might even contemplate a full respray at some stage. (If conversion went ahead, it would be after that of course).

CRUISN's Photo CRUISN 07 Jul 2009

I said to keep it. :D 1. Search IM for correct lowered springs for your Billies. If you want to it properly get JDM. 2. Unless you put in a 6 speed, Im pretty sure theres nought you could do to the 5spd final drive that would be worthwhile. 3. There would be adr's and safety concerns with modifying the steering column. Not going to happen. 4. Going single with an STi conversion I would say 10K (only from what ive read). 5. I just used a new painter for mine paid cash. Good price and not a bad job. A1 smash repairs in Werribee. If you want all that done, then almost a full respray anyway. I was behind you today @ 3pm driving on Willy Rd under the Westgate. In the work van. Flashed and beeped.

Thanks Mark! I'm glad it was you... I thought that I might have cut someone off or something!

Just bought this off IM:

Posted Image

Hypnotic's Photo Hypnotic 07 Jul 2009

good to see your keeping her

Yeah, I'm quite happy to keep it. Just gotta make it better now!

Shiv's Photo Shiv 07 Jul 2009

Nice to hear the Lib is staying :) Your comments were interesting regarding putting back all the OEM bits. Confirms what I thought. So I take it you didn't end up test driving the V8 Berlina?

RX25SE's Photo RX25SE 07 Jul 2009

Chris, No Commo V8 wag? Oh well. I think if you try to turn a 4 cylinder engine as low as 2000rpm at 100kph you may find the fuel consumption may go up with the increased load on the engine. My Commo wag uses less fuel at 110kph than it does at 100kph. I thought 2.5 n/a engines go bang with boost???? I know a good painter in Thomastown, not cheap but good. PM for details if you want. Cheers J

Chris,

No Commo V8 wag?

Oh well.

I think if you try to turn a 4 cylinder engine as low as 2000rpm at 100kph you may find the fuel consumption may go up with the increased load on the engine. My Commo wag uses less fuel at 110kph than it does at 100kph.

I thought 2.5 n/a engines go bang with boost????

I know a good painter in Thomastown, not cheap but good. PM for details if you want.

Cheers
J

Cheers mate.

Yeah, going to clear a few other debts and save some cash instead of buying something else.

2.5's do go pop with boost! I'm talking about WRX conversion.

Thanks for the painter info.. I'll let you know when the time comes.

Cheers
Chris

SUBARU's Photo SUBARU 08 Jul 2009

Can someone tell me if these are the right springs for the Bilsteins.. From what I can dig up they seem to be. First link is for second hand and second is new.

http://www.importmon...h...0GTB E TEIN

http://www.importmon...h...TEIN S TECH