#61 B4TT

B4TT

Soviet Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39,547 posts
  • Interests:Rodina-Mat

Posted 19 November 2008 - 12:58 PM

I dis-agree, its nice ... i fail to see why it would be any trouble.. those Aussie built 5.0L hold together pretty well... not the fastest thing in standard trim but you can do a fair bit with them.

#62 SUBARU

SUBARU

Massive Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,542 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 01:20 PM

I'm not questioning the durability of the 5ltr, more that it's an executive that's been modified by someone. Why you would ever go for this thing with unknown history and build quality over a genuine SS is beyond me.

#63 Soop

Soop

Suck, squeeze, bang, blow.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 02:09 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHA. Mate an SS is an executive with a fance f*cking badge. I bought my Liberty without knowing the history, i really couldn't give a f*ck. Commodores are $20 cars, to buy and to repair. All thats been modified on that particular vehicle is a body kit (i'd ruin it anyway, genuine or not.) the head lights (whoop, factory items anyway) and the exhaust (Name one car on this forum with a standard exhaust.) I'd be keen on an Aussie 5ltr. Namely because i know them inside out upside down and backwards. They've got 35yrs of history as working engines, hell the original 308's are still getting around in work vehicles. Probably with 20yr old oil in them :P. I'd take a HQ 1 tonner to be honest. If every wanker hadn't turned all the good examples into show cars (Waste of a f*cking good ute!).
TSM

#64 B4TT

B4TT

Soviet Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39,547 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 02:27 PM

and the exhaust (Name one car on this forum with a standard exhaust.)

mine unfortunately :(

#65 SUBARU

SUBARU

Massive Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,542 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 02:31 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHA.
Mate an SS is an executive with a fance f*cking badge.

I bought my Liberty without knowing the history, i really couldn't give a f*ck.
Commodores are $20 cars, to buy and to repair.

All thats been modified on that particular vehicle is a body kit (i'd ruin it anyway, genuine or not.) the head lights (whoop, factory items anyway) and the exhaust (Name one car on this forum with a standard exhaust.)

I'd be keen on an Aussie 5ltr. Namely because i know them inside out upside down and backwards. They've got 35yrs of history as working engines, hell the original 308's are still getting around in work vehicles. Probably with 20yr old oil in them :P.

I'd take a HQ 1 tonner to be honest. If every wanker hadn't turned all the good examples into show cars (Waste of a f*cking good ute!).

Yeah... fair enough!

#66 Soop

Soop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 02:46 PM

Hmm... How hard would it be to put a 5ltr into a rodeo?
TSM

#67 Guest_Alex_*

Guest_Alex_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 November 2008 - 08:54 AM

Hmm...

How hard would it be to put a 5ltr into a rodeo?

Now you're asking for trouble!

#68 B4TT

B4TT

Soviet Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39,547 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 09:29 AM

Mate of mine who is an auto elec has been working on putting a 5L into a rodeo for a while now, the engine bit wasn't too hard from what he said.. however he had to track down a diff for it, for a bit of fun he decided to do a burnout with the std rodeo diff in and the thing shattered LOL. It is very do-able but with a workshop at your disposal ....without that I would probably suggest against doing it.

#69 Soop

Soop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 11:12 AM

I could just put a salisbury or even a 9" under it.
TSM

#70 Rob

Rob

Previously known as OriaDae

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 03:15 PM

and the exhaust (Name one car on this forum with a standard exhaust.)

mine as well :P

▀▄..▄▀▄..▄▀...█.................▄▀▀▄.............▄▀▀▄......................▄..............................▄▀▀▀▄
....█.....█.....█▀█..█▄█.......▀▄......█▀█.....▀▄.......▄▀▀▄...▄..▄...▄...▄▄▄...▄..▄...▄▀▀▄...▀...▄▀
..........................▄..█......▄ ▀▄...█▄█........▀▄....█▀▀.....█▀.....█...█..█...█..█....▀▄.........█
............................▀........▀▄▄▀.............▀▄▄▀....▀▀......▀.......▀..▀▀▀....▀▀▀..▀▄▄▀.......▄

#71 SUBARU

SUBARU

Massive Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,542 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 10:18 PM

I could just put a salisbury or even a 9" under it.

Or you could just go for a turbo diesel option and have all the torque require for towing.

#72 Blaeven

Blaeven

The Renowned

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 12:17 AM

Or you could just go for a turbo diesel option and have all the turque require for towing.

turbo diesel boxer into the gen1 wagz...???

go on... do it...

i wonder if you can still get some semblance of the boxer burble from the TD...?

2mmwi1w.jpg

#73 SUBARU

SUBARU

Massive Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,542 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 07:55 AM

turbo diesel boxer into the gen1 wagz...???

go on... do it...

i wonder if you can still get some semblance of the boxer burble from the TD...?

It might be a bit difficult sourcing one of those!

I'm sure that a boxer burble will be able to come out of a diesel varient. It will probably be a little more "gruff" than a petrol one though.

If I had one of diesel Lib, I probably wouldn't bother doing any mods to it. 350nm at something like 1800rpm is plenty good for me.

#74 Blaeven

Blaeven

The Renowned

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 04:56 PM

If I had one of diesel Lib, I probably wouldn't bother doing any mods to it. 350nm at something like 1800rpm is plenty good for me.

some would say that about the 206KW of the STi...

and yet... people still want more...

i'm sure the modifying bug would bite eventually...

2mmwi1w.jpg

#75 Soop

Soop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 05:01 PM

What pray tell would you mod? How far does your expertise stretch in relation to diesel motors and how they work? Maybe, a bigger throttle body??
TSM

#76 SUBARU

SUBARU

Massive Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,542 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 07:31 PM

some would say that about the 206KW of the STi...

and yet... people still want more...

i'm sure the modifying bug would bite eventually...

There's no need to mod a diesel mate! Fair enough in the revvy petrol driven engines to squeeze more kW and Nm out of them. Diesel's have a limited reve range and the modern diesel engines are already pulling as hard as they need to from very low in the rev range to a massive 4000rpm (if they even rev that high).

Even the "modded" turbo diesel 4x4's you see running around only go as far as air intake (mainly due to water crossing, but they also increase power slightly) and sometimes a chip. Disco's a famous for being a bit more responsive when chipped.

With the Boxer diesel that's coming out, I reckon any mods after that would be pretty fruitless.

Someone else might have another take on it though, so let the topic evolve!

#77 Blaeven

Blaeven

The Renowned

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 09:22 PM

i dunno... bigger tarbo? TBE...? CIA...? some mods that work on petrol engines are bound to work on diesel engines... afterall, they still conform to the "fuel + air + explosion = power" rule... don't they...? add more air (bigger turbo) and more fuel and theoretically you make more power... but hey, i've been wrong before... *shrug*

2mmwi1w.jpg

#78 Guest_Alex_*

Guest_Alex_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 November 2008 - 09:29 PM

i dunno... bigger tarbo?

TBE...? CIA...?

some mods that work on petrol engines are bound to work on diesel engines...

afterall, they still conform to the "fuel + air + explosion = power" rule... don't they...?

add more air (bigger turbo) and more fuel and theoretically you make more power...

but hey, i've been wrong before... *shrug*

And indeed you are Tristan.

www.howthingswork.com

search "diesel"

read up.

reply back.

;)

#79 Blaeven

Blaeven

The Renowned

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 12:12 PM

And indeed you are Tristan.

www.howthingswork.com

search "diesel"

read up.

reply back.

;)

http://www.vwdiesel....opic.php?t=4391

more air + more fuel = more power...

2mmwi1w.jpg

#80 Xon

Xon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 12:33 PM

Tristan diesel engines do not ignite using a spark plug. They ignite purely from the compression of the engine, so no. Not all the same principals of a petrol engine work with a diesel engine.

I would have gone to the kitchen, collected a brown bag, dropped my dacks, pinched off a loaf in said bag, done up dacks, stickytaped bag, placed bag in envelope, and mailed it right to your face for being such a tool.

It's ok, sometimes when we herp, we also derp.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users