#101 duncanm

duncanm

wha' who ?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 14 August 2015 - 10:08 PM

Semi-related note:

Does anyone have a part number or product name for a JDM dual-filament parker? 5000K preferred.

Thanks!
Mark

standard brake bulb (BAY15D 21/5W) ?

Do a search for BAY15D LED. But be careful - polarity on them seems to vary (ie: they won't work!)

#102 cowie165

cowie165

Garage 改善

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 14 August 2015 - 11:02 PM

Thanks mate. I think I stuffed it last time and put in BA15D instead. Cheers. That was a year ago so can't even remember ever having turning lights

"Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure."

BH9 02-05 / BD9 07-14 / BE5 14-> / GGA 18->

2001 Legacy B4-RSK / 1999 ZX-9R C2

#103 SUB325

SUB325

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 August 2015 - 02:56 PM

Hey guys

I got a set of Headlights for my Rev a/c. I've noticed that the AUS delivered Rev a/c parkers are too small to fit in the JDM headlights. Also the JDM has 3 wires and the AUS has 2. Just wondering if anyone has managed to get it to work and what process they did.

Thanks,
Jacob

#104 duncanm

duncanm

wha' who ?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 22 August 2015 - 03:37 PM

Hey guys

I got a set of Headlights for my Rev a/c. I've noticed that the AUS delivered Rev a/c parkers are too small to fit in the JDM headlights. Also the JDM has 3 wires and the AUS has 2. Just wondering if anyone has managed to get it to work and what process they did.

Thanks,
Jacob

JDM parkers are like brake bulbs - BAY15D dual filament. They have a turn light which lights up when you're indicating that direction.

#105 SUB325

SUB325

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 August 2015 - 06:07 PM

Sorry. I didn't explain myself properly. I have the bulbs. It's just the connection of the actual whole parker assembly. The wires that power the parkers are different and the plugs are different. So it's not plug and play. There are 3 wires on the JDM parker assembly and only 2 wires on the AUS parker assembly.

#106 duncanm

duncanm

wha' who ?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 22 August 2015 - 09:16 PM

err - yes.

2 filament bulbs means 3 wires (+12v and two switched grounds).

You'll have to either swap over the parkers (plug+socket) from an AU assembly, or repin so that the 5W filament (the dim one) is used.

I'd be a bit wary of using the 21W filament - as the circuit is probably only designed for 5W parkers.

#107 scottybmx093

scottybmx093

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 09:26 PM

i think what he means is how do you wire the 3 pin/wires up so that they connect to the 2 pin/wires that the AUS harness has?

#108 patrick27s

patrick27s

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 13 February 2016 - 10:54 PM

For anyone reading this who isn't sure what to do with the parking light, it's very easy if you have the JDM plug

You basically need to un pin the terminals from the factor parking light plug. And do the same on your JDM plug and then plug the terminals back in, the solid black wire is the earth, and is the middle terminal. The smaller element on the light globe is the wire to the left of the ground as they come out of the plug (mine were black with blue line) and it should work. You'll need to run more wires to the indicator stalk if you want the comer light to work tho.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users