Macbook pro

Posted Image

#322 Tim.

Tim.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,024 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 11:39 AM

Either a Macbook pro with 16Gb ram or a much cheaper Core i7 PC with 24Gb ram running either Windows 7 or OSX.

Your 4GB ram limit is a not because of XP, you need to run a 64bit operating system to be able to use all your ram. That being said, I wouldn't be video editing with less than 8Gb ram and also make sure that your HDD is keeping up. Don't edit on USB 2.0 external HDD, it'll drive you mad.

#323 Shaz

Shaz

Differential Studios

• SC Videographer
  • 23,188 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 11:49 AM

Either a Macbook pro with 16Gb ram or a much cheaper Core i7 PC with 24Gb ram running either Windows 7 or OSX.

Your 4GB ram limit is a not because of XP, you need to run a 64bit operating system to be able to use all your ram. That being said, I wouldn't be video editing with less than 8Gb ram and also make sure that your HDD is keeping up. Don't edit on USB 2.0 external HDD, it'll drive you mad.

All this.

I would say 16gb ram would be a good minimum for video editing, otherwise the rendering times blow out to huge proportions.

If I was going to build a new PC, I would go 32gb RAM minimum, with a decent CPU, and a SSD HDD.

I put up with people from amnesty, red cross and now the cancer council almost daily hounding me!! Throw in the greens, green peace, unhcr, save the forking children and I've well and truly hit my limit for the number of fuckstains wanting me to sign something or give money. Seriously cubts,  :fork: right off.

#324 Shaz

Shaz

Differential Studios

• SC Videographer
  • 23,188 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 07:01 AM

So DJI released their new Phantom 4 last night whilke we were sleeping. 

$2399, but you'd want an extra battery so tack on another $289 for that. 

learn-more-aircraft01.jpg

Camera is mad, but the main differences are a sport mode (72km/h!!!), track and shoot (no gps bracelet required) and obstacle avoidance. Considering the Phantom 3 Pro is $1699, I don't know if its worth spending the extra coin just go get those features. The track and shoot option is epic though, makes getting what historically were hard shots, much easier due to no operator control input needed. 

I put up with people from amnesty, red cross and now the cancer council almost daily hounding me!! Throw in the greens, green peace, unhcr, save the forking children and I've well and truly hit my limit for the number of fuckstains wanting me to sign something or give money. Seriously cubts,  :fork: right off.

#325 Niko

Niko

Member's Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,511 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 07:42 AM

Yep, spying on your neighbours just got easier.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: canon, nikon, imjustwaitingforamate, doaskid, skidsforkids, showusyafootage

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users