←  Members Photos

Suby Club

»

Zig_Zac's MY03 Blue Liberty B4

migoreng's Photo migoreng 08 Apr 2013

Remove 2 bolts, 1 screw and lift the headlight out a little. Access the parkers from below. Twist the bulb holder... It's easy.

Zac's Photo Zac 08 Apr 2013

Remove 2 bolts, 1 screw and lift the headlight out a little. Access the parkers from below. Twist the bulb holder... It's easy.

Thanks mate... will try that... but when I say the bulb has melted, it might make it hard to get the parker out... will try it out when I have time... or at least take a pic of what I mean by melted... lol

migoreng's Photo migoreng 08 Apr 2013

Well..post a pic later...I wouldn't want you to replace the bulbs and have it melt again. Gotta find out the reason why it melted in the first place.

Zac's Photo Zac 08 Apr 2013

Well..post a pic later...I wouldn't want you to replace the bulbs and have it melt again. Gotta find out the reason why it melted in the first place.

Cool cool... will try to take one tomorrow morning before I go to work, since by the time I get home, its dark...

Yeah I don't know why it melted... but it was like that when I bought it...

Zac's Photo Zac 09 Apr 2013

So guys... this is what I meant by my parker globe in my headlights has melted.... :(

Posted Image

migoreng's Photo migoreng 09 Apr 2013

Melted or did someone use a glue gun to keep the bulb from falling out?

Guest_KONG_* 09 Apr 2013

WTF is going on there!!!!

Looks like someone has modified it to hold a bayonet style blinker globe instead of the T10 wedge parking light. Did it flash when the indicators are on? I assume the bulb has blown? What"s the other side like & what does it do....flasher or parker? Or is it just burnt to shit and not amber?

That's messy. Pull the whole headlight out as Migoreng explained and see if it still comes out. Might be glued in.

Yeah its the same on the other side... I thought it should be a wedge... so no idea what is going on there...

Guess I'll have to remove the headlight and try to get that thing out... not going to be fun... worst case, will have to buy some headlights... coz that does look properly stuffed in there...

Some people... ugh...

Guest_KONG_* 09 Apr 2013

Zac this is what it should look like.

Posted Image

I think there has been some modification done to accommodate a larger bulb and the plastic has melted as a result.

Yeah... that sounds about right... twits... why they have to ruin the whole headlight for such a stupid thing...

migoreng's Photo migoreng 10 Apr 2013

I got these parkers with Philips blue vision globes . :) looks much nicer than the yellow halogen colour.

Posted Image

Zac's Photo Zac 10 Apr 2013

Nice man... where do I get them from? Got to see if I can get the melted ones in mine out first... LOL!

migoreng's Photo migoreng 10 Apr 2013

Autobarn? :P
Or you could buy white led wedge type T10.. theyre full white.. any other colour is illegal.

Autobarn? :P
Or you could buy white led wedge type T10.. theyre full white.. any other colour is illegal.

eBay has them too hey? We'll see if I can undo mine first, and if I can, then I will get some from somewhere... if not, will have to replace whole headlight on both sides... not looking forward to that... :(

SAV84C's Photo SAV84C 10 Apr 2013

Yeah its the same on the other side... I thought it should be a wedge... so no idea what is going on there...

Guess I'll have to remove the headlight and try to get that thing out... not going to be fun... worst case, will have to buy some headlights... coz that does look properly stuffed in there...

Some people... ugh...

u could always separate the housing with a heat gun or oven to get better access then heat the that crap if you cant get it out...

u could always separate the housing with a heat gun or oven to get better access then heat the that crap if you cant get it out...

Could do that... but might make things worse... but if my only choice is to get new headlights, then I might give this a try, nothing to lose...

But no heatgun, so might have to use the oven... :)

nickknack's Photo nickknack 10 Apr 2013

If you end up replacing the headlights, may as well upgrade to jdm HIDs at the same time!

If you end up replacing the headlights, may as well upgrade to jdm HIDs at the same time!

Oooo... that does sound good... where do I get them from and how much would they be? Are they going to be a straight plug and play, or does it require work? Importmonster?

nickknack's Photo nickknack 10 Apr 2013

Import Monster, or they're all over ebay, or Ichiban may have some. There is a tiny bit of wiring to do but I believe there is a full walkthrough in the DIY section.

Import Monster, or they're all over ebay, or Ichiban may have some. There is a tiny bit of wiring to do but I believe there is a full walkthrough in the DIY section.

Ahhh... yuck... wiring... but meh... we'll see.. might be worth it... got a friend who is quite handy with a soldering iron, so might go to his place to tackle it... we'll see if I can get the parker out of mine first...

Think importmonster is better than ebay? Obviously, local eBay wouldn't have these lights...