←  Anything Goes

Suby Club

»

Hunter Valley Cruise Film - Input Needed!

Shaz's Photo Shaz 09 Apr 2013

Chaps,

A few of the lads in the GT and I were talking about producing a short film to coincide with the Hunter Valley Cruise. So we've stepped it up a notch, and developed a rough script of what we are planning on shooting on the day, and whatnot. Do it once, do it EPIC. As this is the first time I have ever attempted something like this, I thought it would be wise to put up a thread letting all you blokes know that we will be doing it on the day, and to put your hand up to get involved. We will need actors, we will need drivers, we will need help for camera operation, accessories setup, etc. Aek, we have already volunteered you for a position.

THERE WILL BE NO RACING FOOTAGE, OR DANGEROUS DRIVING FOOTAGE WHATSOEVER. WE DO NOT CONDONE THAT TYPE OF BEHAVIOUR, AND ALL FOOTAGE OF YOUR CAR WILL BE WIPED FROM PRODUCTION IF YOU DECIDE TO DRIVE LIKE AN IDIOT.

Primarily, its going to be footage of all the Subarus, but adding a storyline behind it. So far, we have come up with the following.

Scene 1:
Airport

Phonecall on black screen

Ring Ring

Nik - "Hi. Do you have him? Good. Yes, the briefcase is coming. Look for me on the horizon. A convoy of boxer will approach"

Cue Ramstein Engel

Nik is seen standing outside the airport, with a steel case cuffed to his hand, and dressed in a suit.

<insert dialogue/voice over>

Close up of steel briefcase, locks, and cuffs. Pans out slowly, showing Nik putting briefcase in boot of Subaru. Fade to dark. Sound of Subaru driving off.

Scene 2:
Toll Gates

Camera inside of boot shows boot opening, and briefcase being taken out. Focus on briefcase, and human blurred in background (F3.5 / 1/125) Boot shuts. Black screen.

Camera switches to outside view, of Nik removing briefcase. Crane pans and tilts out to show 2 wagons flanking car briefcase being removed from. Subarus parked around car and bodyguards with NERF guns walking alongside Nik.

GoPro footage Attached to Niks wrist showing briefcase being moved from one boot to another. Walking through crowd of people looking at Nik and bodyguards toward second car. Second car has man standing near boot.

<dialogue between Nik and Car 2 driver (Car 2 driver scruffy looking, loud, gives zero fucks attitude>

Boot opens, and Aek jumps out and runs. Car2 Driver screams at henchmen to get him (Camera close up of car2 driver yelling “Get him!”) Sit on boot of wagon, and drive forward slowly as Aek chases camera, showing 2 bodyguards chasing behind. . Crash tackled by 2 of Car2 drivers henchmen, put on stomach on ground, (Camera on ground on slider, pan from left to right as being duct taped on mouth, and cable tied hands behind back) bound with cable ties and duct tape, and put back in boot of car.(Camera 1 inside boot of car, Camera 2 GoPro attached to Aeks head, multi angle display on screen in final edit)

Nik stands expressionless as he watches this unfold, like this is something he is used to seeing. Nik asks Car2 driver to keep "him" until the next meet spot, until he can be transported "safely" .Car2 Driver his word in exchange, and Car2 driver goes back to car. As he stands next to his open driver’s door, he looks around and see’s a mass of Subarus. Nods approvingly, gets into car, and drives off, with convoy in tow.

Scene 3:
Peats Ridge

Boot opens; Aek once again gets out, grabs the suitcase, and makes a run for it. (Camera shows many subarus parked in background. GoPro footage of static Aek head, but scenery around him moves fast and rough, giving a running/dramatic escape effect) Punches someone in the face, gets in their car, and drives off. Subyclub rolls out searching for the rogue car. (Camera of Aeks car parked behind bush, with background shot of other Subarus “searching” for him)

Highway rolling footage of cars.

Scene 4:
Hunter Valley

Car “chase” with Aek (5-10 cars in chase, filmed from back of wagon shooting back. Focus on Aeks car, and rest of cars behind him swerving trying to get in front of him to stop him. Eventually a car blocks the way, and Aek has to stop. Gets out, runs, but gets caught again. Briefcase is confiscated, and taken back to original Car2 guy and Nik @ Harrigans.

ENDING: Person wakes up, looks at the time, and exclaims "Oh shit, I'm going to be late for the Hunter Valley Cruise!"

Aek - aekOne
Nik - Skillionaire

Please bear in mind this is an extremely rough script, and it will need refinement.

I need ideas from you guys. Please post up what you think should be included in this short film, and I will go through and pick out some ideas. Ideally, I would like this film to go for around 15-20mins, but that time isn't set in stone.

Guys, this will come out awesome if you chuck in your input. My ideas alone will not create the best outcome, hence why we are opening it up to the community for input.

GO NUTS!

Cheers,
Shaz

mark300's Photo mark300 09 Apr 2013

hey shaz im happy to help with whatever you need! let me know if/what you need mate

peteRS's Photo peteRS 09 Apr 2013

Ok Shaz, here is my first "Plot" idea...very close to where you're at any way.

I think the Nik phone call should be Him asking 'someone' if they have 'him' yet (refering to Aek) and the reply is a "Yes...now the briefcase...is it on it's way?" or something along those lines...all filming remains the same.

...I have to go to work again now, but I have a few more ideas that i'd be happy to throw around.

I think the Nik phone call should be Him asking 'someone' if they have 'him' yet (refering to Aek) and the reply is a "Yes...now the briefcase...is it on it's way?" or something along those lines...all filming remains the same.

...I have to go to work again now, but I have a few more ideas that i'd be happy to throw around.

Nice one Pete. That ties in nicely with Aek being bound. Case trade for Aek is the link we were looking for between the 2. Script above updated to reflect.

Zac's Photo Zac 09 Apr 2013

Good one... now we know why Aek is in the trunk and driver of Car2 isn't in on it...

skillionaire's Photo skillionaire 09 Apr 2013

Hi,

As long as I don't have to do accents... I used to be good, but these days no matter what I do I sound Jamaican.

Are we thinking suit for me, or something slightly dressed down from a suit to put me apart from the bodyguard types?

For the wrist shot, I was thinking I could have two watches on, showing separate times. giving a sense of urgency/timeframe.

Cheers,
Nik

Hi,

As long as I don't have to do accents... I used to be good, but these days no matter what I do I sound Jamaican.

Are we thinking suit for me, or something slightly dressed down from a suit to put me apart from the bodyguard types?

For the wrist shot, I was thinking I could have two watches on, showing separate times. giving a sense of urgency/timeframe.

Cheers,
Nik

Dressed down, so business without tie? Will look like a Columbian drug lord..

Samwise's Photo Samwise 09 Apr 2013

Dressed down, so business without tie? Will look like a Columbian drug lord..

Needs a moustache and a cigar.

mark300's Photo mark300 09 Apr 2013

need a good pair of sunglasses as well. aviators or the like.

Needs a moustache and a cigar.

Lol really? I think it depends on what he is transporting... but if that is the look, then he needs chest hair and bling...

need a good pair of sunglasses as well. aviators or the like.

I have TONNES!!! I mean... look at me... its the only sunnies I wear

Guest_KONG_* 09 Apr 2013

Ending idea....

Aek being held by both arms, squirming & panniced.
Case opened not showing what's inside.
Camera closing in on Aek's face...he struggles in vain then screams as shit goes to black.
Next shot..... Aek has a Subyclub sticker on his forehead....he snaps out of his panic, smiles and shakes hands with the surrounding clubbers.

Nik hands him the key to his new ride....Aek's Foz.....they both smirk & nod at each other in approval....

Then we all get 2 prostitutes each and have excessive amounts of beer!

Ending idea....

Camera closing in on Aek's face...he struggles in vain then screams as shit goes to black.
Next shot..... Aek has a Subyclub sticker on his forehead....he snaps out of his panic, smiles and shakes hands with the surrounding clubbers.

Nik hands him the key to his new ride....Aek's Foz.....they both smirk & nod at each other in approval....

I like this... so something in the case changed him to a Suby fan...

In that case, how about each time there is a case handover, when you zoom in on the hands doing the transfer, there is a kind of SubyClub tattoo or mark on their hand... and so when Nik hands Aek his car hey, you see the mark on Aek's hand too now...

Well, for the ending, I was thinking that we see Nik, and Aek walk off / drive off, with a separate silver briefcase, smiling.

And then the other briefcase gets opened and nothing is in there, and Car2 guy screams.

Snap to black.

Ending idea....

How about at the end, you wake up in a bed.. the whole thing was just a dream!

simon's Photo simon 09 Apr 2013

Hey Shaz, I would be stoked to lend a hand with whatever and also be a good looking extra haha. I also have a gopro black that can be used.

skillionaire's Photo skillionaire 09 Apr 2013

Hi,

I could start growing a Mo if required.

Cheers,
Nik

Well, for the ending, I was thinking that we see Nik, and Aek walk off / drive off, with a separate silver briefcase, smiling.

And then the other briefcase gets opened and nothing is in there, and Car2 guy screams.

Snap to black.

The other case is left on the ground and is open, the wind blows dust over it and you see a SubyClub sticker fly out of the case... and then it slams shut, then roll credits... LOL!

Hi,

I could start growing a Mo if required.

Cheers,
Nik

Begin!

How about at the end, you wake up in a bed.. the whole thing was just a dream!

OR.

Wake up, alarm goes off, and someone goes "Oh shit, I'll be late for the Hunter Valley Cruise!"

OR.

Wake up, alarm goes off, and someone goes "Oh shit, I'll be late for the Hunter Valley Cruise!"

Yes! HUGE TWIST!