Photo

Hunter Valley Cruise Film - Input Needed!

video shooting editing cars kidnapping briefcase boss

• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

#21 Shaz

Shaz

Differential Studios

• SC Videographer
  • 23,188 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:23 PM

Hi,

As long as I don't have to do accents... I used to be good, but these days no matter what I do I sound Jamaican.

Are we thinking suit for me, or something slightly dressed down from a suit to put me apart from the bodyguard types?

For the wrist shot, I was thinking I could have two watches on, showing separate times. giving a sense of urgency/timeframe.

Cheers,
Nik

2 watches is a nice touch. I think we will include that.
I think you should suit up, and we could have the bodyguards dressed normally. You know, plain clothed thugs.

I put up with people from amnesty, red cross and now the cancer council almost daily hounding me!! Throw in the greens, green peace, unhcr, save the forking children and I've well and truly hit my limit for the number of fuckstains wanting me to sign something or give money. Seriously cubts,  :fork: right off.

#22 Zac

Zac

1544C

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,686 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:28 PM

Hi,

I could start growing a Mo if required.

Cheers,
Nik

That will make you look sleazy I think...

OR.

Wake up, alarm goes off, and someone goes "Oh shit, I'll be late for the Hunter Valley Cruise!"

That is pretty sweet... I like that... zoom in on Aek in bed, eyes snap open... lol!

2 watches is a nice touch. I think we will include that.
I think you should suit up, and we could have the bodyguards dressed normally. You know, plain clothed thugs.

Do we(the SubyClub) really want to be organized thugs? Lol!

2002 B4 Rev E

2004 Outback Premium 3.0R

#23 simon

simon

Mr POINTY

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,096 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:35 PM

OR.

Wake up, alarm goes off, and someone goes "Oh shit, I'll be late for the Hunter Valley Cruise!"

I like that idea.

SOLD Legacy GTB 

SOLD Gen 1 RS turbo wagon

SOLD Gen2 Outback limited

Car less atm.......Whats next??

#24 skillionaire

skillionaire

Mr. Freshley

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:51 PM

Hi,

I like everyone's ideas. Just let's make sure we keep it realistic to our abilities to pull it off.

I am confident in my acting abilities. :)

Cheers,
Nik

#25 simon

simon

Mr POINTY

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,096 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:55 PM

Hi,

I like everyone's ideas. Just let's make sure we keep it realistic to our abilities to pull it off.

I am confident in my acting abilities. :)

Cheers,
Nik

yep time on the day will be the limiting factor. But im sure we can pull it off.

SOLD Legacy GTB 

SOLD Gen 1 RS turbo wagon

SOLD Gen2 Outback limited

Car less atm.......Whats next??

#26 FR34KO

FR34KO

GRANDMA's BOY

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,461 posts
  • Interests:SNOWBOARDING.

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:56 PM

This is excellent. If I can make it (pending job at thredbo), I'll put my hand up for whatever needs to be done! Setting up/camera work/being an extra...

#27 Shaz

Shaz

Differential Studios

• SC Videographer
  • 23,188 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:58 PM

Timeframes are going to be extremely tight on the day.

I should only need to shoot about 15-20mins of footage at each stop, so that leaves 10-15mins to setup cranes, sliders, lighting, camera adjustments, acting, voices, extras, perspectives,

Posted Image.

I put up with people from amnesty, red cross and now the cancer council almost daily hounding me!! Throw in the greens, green peace, unhcr, save the forking children and I've well and truly hit my limit for the number of fuckstains wanting me to sign something or give money. Seriously cubts,  :fork: right off.

#28 Samwise

Samwise

Official official of the official.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,434 posts
  • Interests:Taste so good, make you wanna slap yo' mama.

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:00 PM

I should only need to shoot about 15-20mins of footage at each stop, so that leaves 10-15mins to setup cranes, sliders, lighting, camera adjustments, acting, voices, extras, perspectives,

Posted Image.

So, you really need several helpers.

Like I mentioned in the GT, Posted Image the cruise! Let's make a movie. Adjust the timeframes.

I like to think of it as borrowing someone's car and driving it better than them.

#29 Shaz

Shaz

Differential Studios

• SC Videographer
  • 23,188 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:01 PM

Nah, what I don't want to do is have the film the centre of it all. At the end of the day, its still a SubyClub cruise, and I'm sure we can work with it.

I'm sure most people will be accomodating regardless.

#30 skillionaire

skillionaire

Mr. Freshley

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:07 PM

Hi,

I agree. We can keep it simple and still have an awesome outcome.

:D

Cheers,
Nik

#31 Guest_KONG_*

Guest_KONG_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:07 PM

Wow this is getting crazy as Posted Image.

I think there are a few questions in the plot that will need to be answered or the whole thing is just going to be like WTF.
If it i's going to be a "WTF" type vid that's cool but it seems to me that a decent conclusion or simply, any conclusion, would be the way to go.

Questions I would like to see answered:

1) What's in the briefcase?.
2) Why is Aek in the boot & why are we taking him with us?
3) Why do we have to go to the Hunter valley to do it?
4) Why would we need a group of 50 or more cars to do?
5) Why would we go to so much trouble to do it?

So I guess the main thing I would like to see is for this to make sense and be about something Subaru or Subyclub related. Not just a weird story thrown in around a cruise.

After all isn't this trip about cruisin with a large group of mates in nice cars and representing Subyclub.

and when do we get prossies?

#32 aekOne

aekOne

Boss Pelican

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,349 posts
  • Interests:Regulating

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:08 PM

bwahahahaha amazing!!! love how i've been cast in a leading roll without knowing anything about it? was it my rugged good looks that made you think of me for the badie roll?

: My Liberty :

signature_1_35.jpg

#33 Samwise

Samwise

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,434 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:10 PM

@Shaz - Haha, yeah. I was just kidding around. Main focus is the cruise :)

@Whitejosh - Your shout?

@Aek - Sure buddy... that was it ;)

I like to think of it as borrowing someone's car and driving it better than them.

#34 Shaz

Shaz

Differential Studios

• SC Videographer
  • 23,188 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:17 PM

bwahahahaha amazing!!! love how i've been cast in a leading roll without knowing anything about it? was it my rugged good looks that made you think of me for the badie roll?

Only you or Shiv can easily get in and out of a sedan boot.

Hahahaha.

#35 Shaz

Shaz

Differential Studios

• SC Videographer
  • 23,188 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:20 PM

Wow this is getting crazy as Posted Image.

I think there are a few questions in the plot that will need to be answered or the whole thing is just going to be like WTF.
If it i's going to be a "WTF" type vid that's cool but it seems to me that a decent conclusion or simply, any conclusion, would be the way to go.

Questions I would like to see answered:

1) What's in the briefcase?.
2) Why is Aek in the boot & why are we taking him with us?
3) Why do we have to go to the Hunter valley to do it?
4) Why would we need a group of 50 or more cars to do?
5) Why would we go to so much trouble to do it?

So I guess the main thing I would like to see is for this to make sense and be about something Subaru or Subyclub related. Not just a weird story thrown in around a cruise.

After all isn't this trip about cruisin with a large group of mates in nice cars and representing Subyclub.

Valid points mate.

Someone wanna have a crack at "filling in the gaps" so to speak? In my eyes, its something like this;

1) What's in the briefcase? (I think we can leave this unanswered. Leave it up to the audience to decide)
2) Why is Aek in the boot & why are we taking him with us? (Aek is being held hostage in exchange for whatever is in the briefcase. It must be important to hold someone hostage though)
3) Why do we have to go to the Hunter valley to do it? (Not sure about this yet. Maybe the case has a secret wine/beer recipe?)
4) Why would we need a group of 50 or more cars to do? (High profile hostage. If he escapes, we have lots of ways to get him back)
5) Why would we go to so much trouble to do it? (Refer above)

#36 skillionaire

skillionaire

Mr. Freshley

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:25 PM

1) What's in the briefcase? My suitcase being an exchange for SubyClub apparel/stickers/etc
2) Why is Aek in the boot & why are we taking him with us? Because Aek fits in the boot. Also, I was thinking he could be in there slightly comically, in a sense that the case is just put in/ taken out, without recognition of him even being there, but Aek has the perfect wide eyed look of desperation (I've seen it in the mirror) for that role.
3) Why do we have to go to the Hunter valley to do it? "Where are we going?"
4) Why would we need a group of 50 or more cars to do? "Who are all these people?" "The road is now secure"
5) Why would we go to so much trouble to do it? SubyClub apparel, yo!

#37 Samwise

Samwise

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,434 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:25 PM

Aek originally stole whatever is in the briefcase and gave the "item" to Nik. HV guy caught Aek and is holding him in exchange for the "item"?

#38 Guest_KONG_*

Guest_KONG_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:45 PM

Aek should wear an Mitsubishi/Ford/Holden T-shirt..... or crocks ..... and that's why he's in the boot.

Once he escapes with the car Aek flees. He ends up at the HV somewhere driving into a dead end carpark or street with cars in chase.

The rest of the cars from the cruise already sitting there waiting for him.

He realises he's surrounded & Posted Image ed so he surrenders.

#39 peteRS

peteRS

Needs more cylinders...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,048 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:10 PM

Ok...I'm proper home for the afternoon now and have had a pretty good think about this while pushing a mower around...inspirational :)

I think we can establish a very good story, with minimal "Non-cruise related footage"...most of which can be filmed at our leisure in one decent sized car park when we have some time.

If we choose to Establish what is in the briefcase, it will make a story more 'straightforward'...and I have what I think is a cool idea for the contents ;)

Here is my story 'overview'...some dialog included, but not shaz formatted.

Ok, so Basically i see this to be essentially a NSW SubyClub Cruise, with a few inter-state members coming along to join in...so how does this sound....

Nik as 'courier'
Victorians as 'Kidnappers'
Myself as Nik's 'contact/chauffeur'

Phonecall 1 between Nik and 'the Victorians'...
Nk:I'm about to board the plane...have you got him?
Vics:Yes, do you have the Briefcase ?
Nk: I do...
Vics:Good, we'll meet you at the rendezvous...don't be late.
Nk: I won't be...

Phonecall 2 Nik and Me...

Nk :Mate, The victorians have him...you sure this will work?
Me:If it's the right briefcase it will...As long as he still has a pulse.
Nk:I still think we should have just had them cut his arm off...
Me:Trust me...we need him alive.
Nk:And his buddies??? What about them?
Me:I have a plan...I'm picking you up in a Subaru.
Nk:You are Posted Image'ing crazy man...it won't work, no way to blend in with them.
Me:The Victorians are in on it too...relax. We'll make it to the Hunter.
Nk:The other Item is still there? You're positive on this?
Me:It's been there every other year...we'll soon find out.
Nk:This heavy arse Briefcase better be worth it...see you at the Airport.

Cut to scene of Aek struggling in a Sedan trunk...he manages to pull something out his pocket (hidden from camera)
You hear the car start (a loud Boxer rumble) Give a few blips of the throttle, then drive away... (Camera switches to outside of vehicle)...shows Subaru pulling away...focuses on the ground where the Subaru left from, revealing Aek's Car key, Subaru emblem showing...a faint beeping can be heard, as if the key has been 'activated' :D

Now back to the existing scenes of Nik and Briefcase etc.
Can omit running Aek scenes (or they can be flash added to the part of 'phonecall one' that Nik asks "have you got him" ) If time ends up a problem.

From here, cruise footage can be added as normal, while we establish to the 'audience' that a whole shitload of Subaru's have assembled, many of whom have never met.

We could then add a small amount of scripted dialogue that explains the whole story...Aek is missing, we found his keys, got to his Forrester, a coded message was revealed calling the SubyClub to assemble and head to the Hunter Valley...

So now we can kind of hint at the fact that the Briefcase, Aek and the 4 'baddies' are hidden amongst the Large convoy of Subaru's...all seemingly on the same 'mission'...

I'll leave it at that for now, obviously, I don't give a fark if the Me part is Me or not...

Hope you like the idea?

#40 nickknack

nickknack

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:19 PM

Posted Image.

Honestly, I don't think that's anywhere near enough time. All the short videos I've ever made have taken loads of takes, and that's without 60 subyclub members "helping" :P
But still, cool idea.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users