←  Builds and Projects

Suby Club

»

The tale so far .....Josh's Whitekong

Guest_KONG_* 17 Apr 2015

I'm a little sad to report the latest developments with Whitekong.  After some soul searching, I've made the decision to not proceed with rebuilding the car.

The cost & effort involved to get the car to condition I want it is not viable.  So I shall be stripping her down and saying goodbye to the remains.

It wasn't an easy decision for me but I'm confident it is the right one.  At this point in my life I don't have the energy or time for another conversion and now my Bluekong shall receive all my attention and some goodies from Whitekong.

The legalities of turbo conversions, tougher inspections & engineering costs were another main concern of mine & a strong factor in my decision.

I'll be keeping a lot of stuff but the rest will be up for grabs in a short time.

She's been a great car.  Goodbye Whitekong.  RIP.

Liberty's Photo Liberty 17 Apr 2015

Aw man, no good. Long live BlueKong!

BE4ORE's Photo BE4ORE 17 Apr 2015

Oh wow, such sad news for whitekong but good lovin' for bluekong... Im sure whitekong will always be remembered in our hearts

Jimbo's Photo Jimbo 17 Apr 2015

Naw. Sad Panda's all 'round.

So where to from here Boss? Will BK see boost?

Hypnotic's Photo Hypnotic 17 Apr 2015

Sad to hear. At least she had a decent farewell with the trip to Tassie.

Guest_KONG_* 17 Apr 2015

No I really don't think so Jimbo. 

BK is such a mint car and I'll be keeping it a 2.5.  It suits my needs and I love how original everything is. 

It will see some good upgrades with brakes and suspension but I ultimately want to keep it as a clean and sensibly modded example of an RX2.5.

@ Ash.  Yes mate, awesome farewell.

Guest_KONG_* 17 Apr 2015

If I head down the TT route in the future,  I will be starting with an actual B4 chassis so I don't have to deal with legalities. 

Liberty's Photo Liberty 17 Apr 2015

Good plans you've got Josh. I'd be doing the same mate. I can't wait to see this car in the flesh.

zahmad's Photo zahmad 17 Apr 2015

Sad to hear the loss of a car, but glad to hear some love towards the N/A 2.5.

Samwise's Photo Samwise 17 Apr 2015

EJ207 and 6-speed, you pussy!

Guest_KONG_* 17 Apr 2015

Nope.  I've spent enough money on it, Sam.

BE4ORE's Photo BE4ORE 17 Apr 2015

Josh, when you gonna throw WK in the middle for the vultures lol

Matt's Photo Matt 17 Apr 2015

Noooo??!!!! Sad day for the subaru community :(

Guest_KONG_* 17 Apr 2015

I'll be keeping the drivetrain & some of the suspension, John.  Coilovers & Rear sway bars will be up for grabs.

Mainly trim & body parts will be for sale.

Robert's Photo Robert 17 Apr 2015

Sucks

On to bigger and better things though

Jimbo's Photo Jimbo 17 Apr 2015

Could always pick up a tidy Gen3 GT-B? They seem to be pretty cheap these days, oh and wagon.

WALKER's Photo WALKER 17 Apr 2015

Keen on whitekong bits.
Whitekong can live on through the rest of us.. :P

Beckers's Photo Beckers 17 Apr 2015

Noooo??!!!! Sad day for the subaru community :(

I'm gutted by this sad news, But the Boss has to do what he thinks is right, so I respect his difficult decision.

RIP WK.

LPM_B4's Photo LPM_B4 17 Apr 2015

Sad to see mate a lot of time and effort put into that car, but I'm sure you know whats the best decision for your situation :)

Cam.'s Photo Cam. 18 Apr 2015

Makes me sad. These things happen mate :)

You are a smart bloke so I respect your decision and wish you luck with blue kong and whatever is on the horizon for you good sir.