#1 Jberg89

Jberg89

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts
  • Interests:Surfing

Posted 15 June 2013 - 01:14 AM

Hey guys,

I have been on the forum about a year now and thought it was time to show you guys my car. So as stated in the title it is a 2.0L 2001 Bugeye RX. I bought this car after my previous car was destroyed by a carwash (no joke) a few of you have heard about this already. After that car was crunched i started looking around for a replacment, i found this car down near Sutherland. It had 110,000km on the clock and was completely stock. He was chasing 9 Grand for it. So dad and i rang him up and offered 7 and said we would be down there that night with cash to take it if it checked out all good on inspection. He said yes. So we headed down there and she was sitting there looking pretty damn good. We gave it the once over and boom i was driving her home that night. Upon inspection a few things were notable such as a clutch shudder and left hand rear power window didnt work but other than that she was all good. This is what it looked like when i picked it up.

358xykk.jpg

So since this time i have had the previous clutch replaced and done a few cosmetic modifications to the car to personalise it a little. So me and Morgs arranged to do a few mods over a weekend. firstly we de oranged the side reflectors by painting them a gloss black, and also did the headlight mod to make the interior of the headlights black.

jrpvg2.jpg68fo1i.jpg

i think it looks one hundred times better....we also painted the calipers red. Some would argue that its only worth painting your calipers if you have decent brakes to show off, although i do agree to an extent i also really wanted red calipers on the car so we did them at the same time.
30msuua.jpg2u3ysqq.jpg
I also changed the stock head unit and speakers, i put in JL Audio C2600X speakers in the front and just some Cadence XS452 in the rear. Also chucked in an amp and a sub for that bass. not all photos are here but i got a few

jhwysy.jpgoedrd.jpg2mhttud.jpgfbz63b.jpg

next the stock wheels had to go, so whilst i was in Europe i was looking around and stumbled across Samuel set of WRX stock rims and thought perfect. He was good enough to hold them for me based only on my word until i got back. Once back me and morgs made the trip down to Syd to pick them up and chucked them on that morning.

2r4r8nt.jpgwr10sz.jpg2r74ta0.jpg2w7fitd.jpg2rz2nav.jpg

following this it was decided that the orange side indicators looked really bad, so i bought some clear side indicators of an 08 impreza i think. These are alot slimmer than the clear side indicators from earlier models and so did not fit directly in but after some playing around managed to get them in and i was happy.

2s0yag2.jpge1fc4g.jpg

i am currently playing/modifying a diffback exhaust

Few more pics 
2q8szf5.jpg21kj9qe.jpg314fj9k.jpg

2mgqknp.jpg

Also put in some LED parkers....They are actually white but the photo makes them out to be blue.
16bj61j.jpg2c0tb9.jpg5mjnfo.jpg

Front ultrex strut brace
213q91w.jpg

future things to do include:

• rear bumper respray
  • grill modification
  • stock WRX struts and springs
  • possibly some tint
  • black and silver gear knob
  • double din head unit
  • keep regularly serviced and enjoy it until i finish uni and can afford a WRX
cheers boys,

Jake

1zvaasj.jpg6xu6h5.jpg2jg734g.jpg

#2 Guest_KONG_*

Guest_KONG_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 June 2013 - 01:46 AM

Cool Jake.

I remember the photos of your old car. That thing got munched bad.
Hand washes from now on hey mate!

More pics please.

#3 Morgan

Morgan

...jus waitin' 4 a m8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,485 posts
  • Interests:Taking a poo

Posted 15 June 2013 - 07:19 AM

Looking sexy my dude!

Is that drivers side speaker working still?

IM47Gcv.jpg

#4 Scuba-Roo

Scuba-Roo

The local

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,960 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 08:11 AM

Silver bugs <3

Prodrive make a tidy front lip for these.

Sounds like a good list of mods. When i put a strut brace in mine i noticed absolutly nothing. Apart from the extra bling in the engine bay.

And i think sti struts and springs would be more of an upgrade aa im fairly certain the wrx would just have slightly different springs. Decent pads and rotors and you'll be surprised how well these brakes work on a street application :)

Subyclub, The place where random internet weirdos become good mates

#5 Ben_20EJT

Ben_20EJT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,397 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 08:53 AM

Those head lighys, same as my bugeye. I got some bug sti parts here if u want mate, sti shocks n springs, sti strut brace etc.
Oh and prodrive lip is a must.

freeway.jpeg 

#6 Harry88

Harry88

Soccer Mom

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,507 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 09:10 AM

Good write up Jake. Make sure you keep us posted with mods!

#7 aekOne

aekOne

Boss Pelican

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,349 posts
  • Interests:Regulating

Posted 15 June 2013 - 09:13 AM

Looking good mate

: My Liberty :

signature_1_35.jpg

#8 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts
  • Interests:tl;dr

Posted 15 June 2013 - 11:07 AM

Really nice result so far man. Good work. :)

Wanting to buy/looking for: single genuine STi rim, genuine STi front lip, Corazon or Zero/Sports grille and another OEM grille

Can you hook a brother up? Please contact me now. I have cash ready.

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

2006 Liberty MY06 3.0R SpecB wagon

#9 Jberg89

Jberg89

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 12:29 PM

Cool Jake.
I remember the photos of your old car. That thing got munched bad.
Hand washes from now on hey mate!
More pics please.

Yeah hand washes indeed...will post some more pics soon.

#10 Jberg89

Jberg89

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 12:33 PM

Looking sexy my dude!
Is that drivers side speaker working still?

Yeah man it's all good when you re wired in the second time it's been good ever since then which is awesome.

Silver bugs <3
Prodrive make a tidy front lip for these.
Sounds like a good list of mods. When i put a strut brace in mine i noticed absolutly nothing. Apart from the extra bling in the engine bay.
And i think sti struts and springs would be more of an upgrade aa im fairly certain the wrx would just have slightly different springs. Decent pads and rotors and you'll be surprised how well these brakes work on a street application :)

Cheers I have heard that about the front strut brace do you think getting front and rear will change this? Never really thought about a lip, do you have one on your bug? What rotors would you suggest? Need some pretty soon.

Those head lighys, same as my bugeye. I got some bug sti parts here if u want mate, sti shocks n springs, sti strut brace etc. Oh and prodrive lip is a must.

Cheers man ill pm you about some stuff...thanks for the heads up
Thanks for the feedback guys appreciate it...keep it coming

#11 Sauce - RX

Sauce - RX

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 02:02 PM

Looking good buddy! Wheels look tops.!

#12 Jberg89

Jberg89

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 11:55 PM

Looking good buddy! Wheels look tops.!

Hey mate yeah they look good ay mate how's the rexy goin

#13 Jberg89

Jberg89

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:05 PM

added a few more pics to original post....as requested

#14 Jberg89

Jberg89

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 01:39 PM

OK so a little bit of money has been put into the car the last few weeks. I grabbed the stock XT brakes and rotors that Cam was selling and last week me and Morgan fitted them up. It pulls up better now.  I Didn't take any photos of the process, which i wish i did but anyway. I ended up painting them red again. Had rego due and got pinned for 4 new tyres. I had about 40 minutes to get 4 new tyres from somewhere and get back to get it passed so I could drive to work the next day ( left it till last minute). The shop i went to only had one set of 4 so I ended up with 4 Yokohama A drive R1's. They are ok pretty grippy i have found in both wet and drive conditions and really quiet. But i am yet to really test them in the wet so we will see. Front strut brace has been purchased but unfortunately it has been 2 weeks and still has not arrived ( lets be honest I've probably been jacked), but hopefully it will turn up, it may be lost in mail world. Whilst Morgan and I were replacing the rear rotors we noticed the rear left handbrake retaining clip was broken which explained the annoying grinding sound coming from the rear so had to get another one of those put in. However, my mechanic noticed that my rear diff is making the slightest noise, to be honest i didn't really hear it, but he said that with the stethoscope thingy he could so i will be looking around for a rear diff. Does anyone on here have one that wants to off load it? Thats the latest. Cheers

v67kvb.jpg 34fmkqf.jpg

#15 Morgan

Morgan

...jus waitin' 4 a m8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,485 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 02:07 PM

So the noise is gone now that the spring clip is fixed?

IM47Gcv.jpg

#16 SAV84C

SAV84C

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,480 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 02:27 PM

OK so a little bit of money has been put into the car the last few weeks. I grabbed the stock XT brakes and rotors that Cam was selling and last week me and Morgan fitted them up. It pulls up better now.  I Didn't take any photos of the process, which i wish i did but anyway. I ended up painting them red again. Had rego due and got pinned for 4 new tyres. I had about 40 minutes to get 4 new tyres from somewhere and get back to get it passed so I could drive to work the next day ( left it till last minute). The shop i went to only had one set of 4 so I ended up with 4 Yokohama A drive R1's. They are ok pretty grippy i have found in both wet and drive conditions and really quiet. But i am yet to really test them in the wet so we will see. Front strut brace has been purchased but unfortunately it has been 2 weeks and still has not arrived ( lets be honest I've probably been jacked), but hopefully it will turn up, it may be lost in mail world. Whilst Morgan and I were replacing the rear rotors we noticed the rear left handbrake retaining clip was broken which explained the annoying grinding sound coming from the rear so had to get another one of those put in. However, my mechanic noticed that my rear diff is making the slightest noise, to be honest i didn't really hear it, but he said that with the stethoscope thingy he could so i will be looking around for a rear diff. Does anyone on here have one that wants to off load it? Thats the latest. Cheers

When was the oil last changed?

#17 Jberg89

Jberg89

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 06:13 PM

So the noise is gone now that the spring clip is fixed?

Yeah dude that scraping noise is gone now. it was just the handbrake retaining clip.

#18 Jberg89

Jberg89

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 06:16 PM

When was the oil last changed?

Hey mate, yeah not very long ago i'm going to go with a few months ago. My left hand rear wheel bearing went in April. I asked him to check both diff and wheel bearing. My mechanic replaced oil in rear diff then. Do you reckon do a rear diff oil change?

#19 Morgan

Morgan

...jus waitin' 4 a m8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,485 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 06:29 PM

Yeah dude that scraping noise is gone now. it was just the handbrake retaining clip.

Freaking awesome!

IM47Gcv.jpg

#20 Odyssey

Odyssey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 11:16 AM

Nice RX mate, it looks to be coming along nicely :)

Holden Vectra 2.2 CD (sold)
Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS (daily) - http://forums.mighty...-Impreza-2-5-RS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users