Posted 02 June 2014 - 01:11 PM

E85 is fun

#102 nickknack

nickknack

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 01:35 PM

How is it? What sort of power are you making?

#103 sbv

sbv

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 01:50 PM

I'll get a proper update together in the next week or two (with some pics hopefully), but its a totally different creature now.

Final tune was on the road, so no power figure yet - but the MAF is maxed out and VF26/27 are flowing as much as they realistically can/will I think...

I can give an estimated power figure - but I'd rather provide documentary evidence...

Mafless/speed density from here on I think - which opens up a whole new playing field for the sequential setup.

#104 sbv

sbv

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 01:14 PM

172kw and 400nm @ 10psi

Willall Dyno (Roller)

Cheers
Josh

#105 aekOne

aekOne

Boss Pelican

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,349 posts
  • Interests:Regulating

Posted 13 June 2014 - 02:04 PM

notbadface for 10psi! 

: My Liberty :

signature_1_35.jpg

#106 Barbbachello

Barbbachello

Touring Bruce

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,455 posts
  • Interests:Docking

Posted 13 June 2014 - 03:18 PM

skids/launch control video still isnt working :P

tIeW8DE.png

#107 Vin Diesel

Vin Diesel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 05:29 AM

how is the e85 tune coming along? 

#108 sbv

sbv

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 11:26 PM

E85 is going great. Have been running some 98 through it while the weather has been cold but back to E85 now that we are getting some nice days!

As of last night it's back to boosting 18psi after I re-routed the vacuum lines to give the BOV full manifold pressure. Can't believe I hadn't done this earlier! It's really kicking some goals now and is quite a lot of fun to drive!

Hope to have another run on the Willall dyno in the next couple of weeks.

I've actually accumulated 90% of the parts required for a single conversion, but that's going to go on hold for the time being while I just enjoy where it's at.

The general idea is to run a VF34 P20 with equal length headers (PSR) and stick with top mount (Process West) intercooler. I've got it all sitting in my shed except the top mount. I've also got a donor single turbo long block with all the fiddly bits I need, which is handy. This may not be happening until the new year at this stage, but we'll see. I'm seriously enjoying the tuned twin setup right now!!

...and the smell of corn juice - I would not find it difficult to drink this stuff at all!

#109 LPM_B4

LPM_B4

LPM_FOZ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 12:04 AM

E85 is going great. Have been running some 98 through it while the weather has been cold but back to E85 now that we are getting some nice days!

As of last night it's back to boosting 18psi after I re-routed the vacuum lines to give the BOV full manifold pressure. Can't believe I hadn't done this earlier! It's really kicking some goals now and is quite a lot of fun to drive!

Hope to have another run on the Willall dyno in the next couple of weeks.

I've actually accumulated 90% of the parts required for a single conversion, but that's going to go on hold for the time being while I just enjoy where it's at.

The general idea is to run a VF34 P20 with equal length headers (PSR) and stick with top mount (Process West) intercooler. I've got it all sitting in my shed except the top mount. I've also got a donor single turbo long block with all the fiddly bits I need, which is handy. This may not be happening until the new year at this stage, but we'll see. I'm seriously enjoying the tuned twin setup right now!!

...and the smell of corn juice - I would not find it difficult to drink this stuff at all!

Skids Ahoy

#110 sbv

sbv

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 01:20 PM

So this happened today...

I don't think the VF34 will better this - so I may stick my single conversion parts up for sale shortly. I was surprised the intercooler wasn't more of a bottleneck to be honest.

photo.jpg

Dyno.jpg

#111 binary

binary

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 01:23 PM

Wow, that's very impressive!! Promising for my TT conversion :D

2018 Holden ZB Calais

Past rides:
2003 Subaru Liberty RX 2.5 5MT | K-Sport | Whiteline | Cusco
2009 Audi A4 B8 2.0TQ 6MT
2015 BMW X5 xdrive40d
2004 Subaru Liberty GT Auto wagon

#112 sbv

sbv

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 01:26 PM

For you people who want to see RPM against this, 100kph is approx 1800rpm and 120 is approx 2900. Both turbos are well and truly in action around 3300rpm. Limit is 8000rpm.

#113 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Stereos, Electrical

Posted 18 November 2014 - 01:32 PM

Wow, what did you need to do mechanically to increase the rev limiter? I'm pretty sure the standard one is 7800. Stronger valve springs or something else?

MY00 Red RX, a nice daily that was sold off once the B4 became reliable...
MY02 Blue B4, aka 'The Project' - v8 JDM STi engine package and assorted other 'goodies' - Sold, then bought back for parts. Stripped and crushed.
MY03 Blue RX, the newer old daily, pretty well more B4 than RX now... In the process of being converted to the track toy... Watch this space!
MY02 Silver Wagon, H6 conversion, full blue/black leather and almost full black interior to go with it.
MY03 White/Silver H6 Outback, donor car for silver waghoon.
MY97 Silver RX, acquired to become track car, but plans changed. To be stripped and scrapped in time.

#114 Robert

Robert

Brappp

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,417 posts
  • Interests:Door Frames

Posted 18 November 2014 - 01:34 PM

Surely that's it
No more power could be made from the twin setup?

Great work!

#115 Barbbachello

Barbbachello

Touring Bruce

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,455 posts
  • Interests:Docking

Posted 18 November 2014 - 01:48 PM

Nice result. Skids video?

tIeW8DE.png

#116 nickknack

nickknack

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 01:58 PM

Great result!

#117 Tim.

Tim.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,024 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 02:23 PM

Wow, this is making me want to look at E85.

Is that a stock intercooler? The Hyperflow TMIC are excellent if you can find one, and maybe even more power to be had from this setup!

#118 duncanm

duncanm

wha' who ?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,008 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 02:53 PM

yeehah... 

has the tuner had any issues with eculabs ?  Looks like its been a great success.

Was the red pre re-tune ?

#119 CRUISN

CRUISN

Doin it my way.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,970 posts
  • Interests:Family, Surfing, Cars.

Posted 18 November 2014 - 05:06 PM

Nicely done.

OEM+

#120 sbv

sbv

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 05:12 PM

Wow, what did you need to do mechanically to increase the rev limiter? I'm pretty sure the standard one is 7800. Stronger valve springs or something else?

The rpm I've indicated above are approx (bum dyno), but the ecu limiter is set around 8000 - possibly a tad less - I'll have to check on my laptop when I get home.

It's got a range of around 4500rpm where it pulls pretty well, but with the 4.44 short ratio gearbox, gear changes are still pretty close.

Wow, this is making me want to look at E85.

Is that a stock intercooler? The Hyperflow TMIC are excellent if you can find one, and maybe even more power to be had from this setup!

Yep, stock intercooler - I thought it would struggle before 200kw, but it seems to cope fine with 220. It gets pretty hot sitting at the lights still, but thats TMICs for you. I'd say upgrading would still unlock a little bit more.

You'd love E85 - only thing is Ecutek didn't do multi-maps last time I spoke to Sean about it. If you wanted to go out of town/interstate without jerry cans, you'd need to get Sean to reflash for you. I just switch by double-clicking the rear demister button... Still worth it for you though!

yeehah... 

has the tuner had any issues with eculabs ?  Looks like its been a great success.

Was the red pre re-tune ?

A few teething issues getting muti-maps and launch control working, but I was acting as a guinea pig for Eculabs for this TT setup. Works like a charm now - with heaps of options. Daily driven too.

Eculabs is the same style as Romraider software, so most open source tuners should be pretty ok with it. Matt McLeod (Kido) was fine with it.

The red was post-tune, but only running 10psi. I subsequently realised I had a dodgy coil pack, so replaced coil packs and spark plugs, raised boost and viola...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users