25 replies to this topic

#21 U-Shell

U-Shell

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Guitar, Music, Audio

Posted 18 July 2013 - 08:25 PM

The price of RX's these days kills me inside.... Makes it all that easier to modify the shit out of mine seeing as it's now almost worthless.

Tell me about it! About 6 months after I bought mine, which at the time was a swweeeet price. All the Gen 3's lost nearly 3-4 grand :( Unfortunately this has made the car affordable to a demographic greater suited to Commodores and Falcons. The amount of dick snap P platers I get blasting past me, cutting through traffic, excessively speeding in narrow suburban streets is ridiculous. This will inevitably end up just sky rocketing our insurance premiums and make the cops have a keener eye for fellow Liberty drivers who generally do the right thing. Not saying every P plater that buys one will be a dick, but there is an alarming increase of them.

In regards the the 2.0Lt vs 2.5Lt. I drove a Bug eye 2.0lt manual before finding my car and I must say that the 2.0Lt felt so slow and lifeless compared to the 2.5. I would highly recommend saving more and getting a 2.5.

I remember been super excited about getting my first car. Ever night I would have saved 10 or so cars to show my dad is hope that he would say 'lets go look at that one'. After searching car sales for hours and hours, and looking at 5+ cars, the best advice I can give you, is to be patient. Don't just rush into buying a car because you want one. Take your time, read up about the car, speak to the owners a couple times and get an understanding of how they have treated the car and get them to give you a general overview of the life of the car. Make sure you really do your research on the car, whilst a seller might look genuine and honest, they could be selling you a complete s**t box that has been repaired to just last long enough to sell, meaning you could spend just as much as a newer/ lower k's etc. car in the end. Good luck with finding something. At least you have chosen a solid platform to learn in for your first car :)

Was probably thrashed.

The fact that it's only one 116,000 K's and already has a new clutch is a major give away haha

Not to mention 12000k HID's lol and the worst CAI you could possibly put on the car. I would steer clear of that one!

2000 RX Gen 3 Liberty - Sold

http://www.subyclub....-2000-gen-3-rx/

2004 BMW E46 325i Manual - Current weekend warrior

2003 Gen 3 Outback H6 Manual - Current Daily

http://www.subyclub....uild-pic-heavy/

#22 TittySprinklez

TittySprinklez

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts
  • Interests:spending all the coin on the rex

Posted 18 July 2013 - 08:44 PM

im really considering the blue one i posted

#23 U-Shell

U-Shell

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Guitar, Music, Audio

Posted 18 July 2013 - 08:55 PM

At least it has a new Centre diff,which is $1000 fitted+. Interior could use a good steam clean as well.

2000 RX Gen 3 Liberty - Sold

http://www.subyclub....-2000-gen-3-rx/

2004 BMW E46 325i Manual - Current weekend warrior

2003 Gen 3 Outback H6 Manual - Current Daily

http://www.subyclub....uild-pic-heavy/

#24 jack_keaka

jack_keaka

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • Interests:I was saying "boo-urns"

Posted 18 July 2013 - 10:06 PM

I can honestly say I never see a single gen3 lib in Sydney that is owned by young people or being driven like a hoon except me.
Must be a Melbourne trend. It's still an old persons car here. Most of them are beat up. Which also kills me inside

#25 Josh.

Josh.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 10:52 PM

The GX is nice but after a while you would regret not waiting or saving a little more to buy an RX.

Replacing a clutch at 112 00km's doesn't mean it's thrashed. I replaced the clutch in my old Gen 3 at 90 000kms and I bought it off an elderly original owner at 50 000kms.

#26 Samwise

Samwise

Official official of the official.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,434 posts
  • Interests:Taste so good, make you wanna slap yo' mama.

Posted 18 July 2013 - 10:54 PM

The fact that it's only one 116,000 K's and already has a new clutch is a major give away haha

Not to mention 12000k HID's lol and the worst CAI you could possibly put on the car. I would steer clear of that one!

Wasn't going off clutch.

CAI by Pulse Racing? 2.5" exhaust on an NA? 12000k Hid's?

I like to think of it as borrowing someone's car and driving it better than them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users