←  Builds and Projects

Suby Club

»

Mark's GTB E tune II

CRUISN's Photo CRUISN 17 Jun 2014

Pics when I get around to it after paint, and other things. :)

With just a microfibre cloth and some PlasticX

Thats it.

MrSober88's Photo MrSober88 18 Jun 2014

Looking mighty nice there, I would love to get my car back to this kind of condition haha.

CRUISN's Photo CRUISN 18 Jun 2014

Cheers. :D

Full car pic? Getting it ready for the painters on Monday.

20140618_120617_zpsdb6ddd5f.jpg

Joss's Photo Joss 18 Jun 2014

Getting it ready for the painters on Monday.

So what exactly is wrong with the paint? Most likely just the pictures, but looks great from the photo haha

Painted door panels with the protection moulds still on, rear quarters without removing windows, inconsistant shine and peel, painted over edge trim bewteen skirts and sills and skirt and rear bumper. Front skirt looks to be painted with a rattle can quickly around the edges.

Bumpty's Photo Bumpty 18 Jun 2014

Id love to hear what you would say about my gravel rashed leg haha

Looking forward to seeing pics when its all back together.

Joss's Photo Joss 18 Jun 2014

Fair enough, guess it would have just driven you nuts eventually

It was driving me nuts now. :sarcastic:

While I still have the Outback to drive, get it done now.

Cam.'s Photo Cam. 18 Jun 2014

Looking forward to the final result.

93tzlegacy's Photo 93tzlegacy 18 Jun 2014

needs more b4 badge. 

CRUISN's Photo CRUISN 19 Jun 2014

Rear 1/4 glass are fun to get out . Make sure whoever is removing them know about the 4 retaining clips that hold the windows in . Your car is probably running around on Rebuilt vin number hence the paint. If your going to keep it you might as well paint the whole thing and be done with . Nothing makes old paint look old that new paint beside it .

Rear quarter windows being professionally removed. Only thing not being painted is roof and tailgate. Thats a pretty blanket statement about paint. You cant pick the original polished and maintained white paint on my Outback against the newly painted bonnet, guard and door. Proper job versus corner cutting for profits sake.

Car is indeed on a rebuilt vin due to front end accident. Do you know of the local history of this car? Seems you know everything else.

When are you posting pics of your car?

needs more b4 badge.

On the to do list......

SAV84C's Photo SAV84C 19 Jun 2014

6f6.gif

Dimeb4g's Photo Dimeb4g 19 Jun 2014

6f6.gif

lol... indeed...

love to see what he's running!

SAV84C's Photo SAV84C 19 Jun 2014

I dont think he realises Mark's knowledge and history with his past and present vehicles...

6f6.gif

lol... indeed...

love to see what he's running!

no, clearly not... but he does sound like he knows what he is talking about, with the right approach, he could ascend the suby club ranks....

but it all has a whif of i know all...

Crusin just sharing a lot of years experience .

If your fussy.  I see the following happening.

Other people have years of experience too.

Time will tell if your assumptions are correct.

Staxta's Photo Staxta 19 Jun 2014

I only had half done too, looks close enough and with a polish it'll probably match even better.

Tailgate is absolutely mint and as we all know, the only part of the roof that meets the body panel is the front pillars. Roof paint is perfect also.

I dont see the issue personally in not painting them........ from years of experience I mean.......

Panel shop even knew there were four locating clips on the rear window before I even mentioned it. They dont touch the rear quarter windows and get a professional in to do it. You get that from dealing with a proper, large scale body shop.

Tailgate is absolutely mint and as we all know, the only part of the roof that meets the body panel is the front pillars. Roof paint is perfect also.

I dont see the issue personally in not painting them........ from years of experience I mean.......

Panel shop even knew there were four locating clips on the rear window before I even mentioned it. They dont touch the rear quarter windows and get a professional in to do it. You get that from dealing with a proper, large scale body shop.

Testify! :P

Barbbachello's Photo Barbbachello 20 Jun 2014

I get the feeling youre not really in the Philippines.

That being said thats all well and good if you have to have it scientifically perfect and measured with the tools you linked. If cruisn is happy with their work what does it matter to anyone else?