102 replies to this topic

#21 Jimbo

Jimbo

Livin' the Legacy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 10:20 PM

Nice! I have one complete but it was from when i first had a crack at them. Looks like poo :( 

Don't pay too much for them though! Some are ridiculously priced. There's the GT-B E-Tune2 Version-B on there for $129 and one half that price. Around $50-$60 is the going price, a little more for rarer ones like that Gen1 though. Gen1 RS sedans pop up every now and then. I also have one of those, i threw one out that was knackered and i have another here that needs re-painting. Brake fluid is good apparently if you want to strip them, so all is not lost if you fork it up.

'04 Liberty GT Premium "The Sprog Chariot"

#22 Matty_Lib

Matty_Lib

rslyf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 10:41 PM

Thanks for the heads up! It ended up being a little over $65 shipped which I didn't think was too bad considering how hard they are to find these days. I've been looking for months and gave up for a while, seeing this thread reminded me and one just happened to be on there :).

I did see a sedan on there which ended up selling for quite a bit more than the wagon, if one pops up at a good price one day I'll get one too.

#23 Jimbo

Jimbo

Livin' the Legacy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 10:49 PM

Take your time with it and don't rush it. Bad things happen when you rush them! It took me a whole week to finish my RS30 and my next one will take longer. I'm going to have a go at sanding between coats and getting a nice shiny finish on the paint. The RS30 i just left the final coat as is. Leaves a coarse texture on it which i dont like.

$65 shipped for that particular one is a good price!

#24 Barbbachello

Barbbachello

Touring Bruce

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,458 posts
  • Interests:Docking

Posted 20 August 2014 - 11:31 PM

I couldnt find any gen 2s :( only gen juan and 3. That being said my previous dabbles in models have gone poorly haha

tIeW8DE.png

#25 CodeBurn3r

CodeBurn3r

Resident Mexican

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,048 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 04:06 PM

nobody ever made a gen2 sedan :( i looked at hacking up a GC8 rear and a gen2 wags and putting them together but could never be fugged..

I would pay $$ to have a gen2 sedan though lol

ams: "Can't live with them, can't throw rocks at them."

#26 Jimbo

Jimbo

Livin' the Legacy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 05:38 PM

Over the years, i have never seen a Gen2 sedan. Though, rarities do pop up like the RS30 kit. Keeping an eye out for a GT30 next :)

For Gen2, there's only series 1 kits. Aoshima did the Gen2 kits which a highly detailed, even the interior. 

I have seen many normal Gen2 GT kits, along with the Hippo Sleek and a "Type S" with a roof pod, roo bar and special interior decals. Most of the kits are identical bar changes in the wheels. I think they just re-box them every now and then until they become discontinued.

#27 Snootaloop

Snootaloop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 08:36 PM

Yeah I'd like to get a model gc8 4 door but gahama you sellin that rc;)?

#28 Grahama

Grahama

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 10:35 PM

Nah, I think I'll keep it - I love RC cars :)

#29 XTFoz

XTFoz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 02:57 PM

i dont build but i had an addiction to 1:18 scale model cars Autoart, Minichamps,Hot wheels elite, Kyosho only the good stuff, ive got like 125 1:18 scale cars, mostly European heaps of Mercs,BMW, Ferraries, heaps of Porsches and my favourite japs tuners, Evo's, Wrx, skylines,Hondas,Toyota and some american and Aussie stuff.

Ps there is a awesome website called http://www.italianhorses.net/ the guy is dam talented,he does all 1:24 have a look.

#30 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts
  • Interests:tl;dr

Posted 08 September 2014 - 04:27 PM

I WANT IT.

1970 Dodge Charger from The Fast and the Furious.

COPERTINA.jpg

BLY21_POP_14_005_w900.png

Has anyone had any experience/s with Hot Wheels Elite? I can't seem to find any Subaru's though unfortunately. Only a lot of older and super cars, and a few from movies and other famous screenings.

Wanting to buy/looking for: single genuine STi rim, genuine STi front lip, Corazon or Zero/Sports grille and another OEM grille

Can you hook a brother up? Please contact me now. I have cash ready.

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

2006 Liberty MY06 3.0R SpecB wagon

#31 Niko

Niko

Member's Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,511 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 04:39 PM

Awesome, a Model's car thread! Finally!!

m-MIRANDA-STAND-620x930c.jpg?9

#32 aekOne

aekOne

Boss Pelican

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,349 posts
  • Interests:Regulating

Posted 08 September 2014 - 04:44 PM

approved 

: My Liberty :

signature_1_35.jpg

#33 Barbbachello

Barbbachello

Touring Bruce

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,458 posts
  • Interests:Docking

Posted 08 September 2014 - 04:51 PM

ba4.jpg

tIeW8DE.png

#34 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Stereos, Electrical

Posted 09 September 2014 - 05:54 PM

Got a gen 3 B4 RSK 1:24 kit sitting half painted at the moment cos I'm out of the right paint. I'll probably get back to it once I finish paying off the debts associated with brain surgery.

MY00 Red RX, a nice daily that was sold off once the B4 became reliable...
MY02 Blue B4, aka 'The Project' - v8 JDM STi engine package and assorted other 'goodies' - Sold, then bought back for parts. Stripped and crushed.
MY03 Blue RX, the newer old daily, pretty well more B4 than RX now... In the process of being converted to the track toy... Watch this space!
MY02 Silver Wagon, H6 conversion, full blue/black leather and almost full black interior to go with it.
MY03 White/Silver H6 Outback, donor car for silver waghoon.
MY97 Silver RX, acquired to become track car, but plans changed. To be stripped and scrapped in time.

#35 Jimbo

Jimbo

Livin' the Legacy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 07:46 PM

Good stuff mate! It definitely soothes the soul!  

#36 JRod

JRod

The artist formally known as 988OXR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 05:13 PM

Did the RC for a while.
image_zpsf1cc170c.jpg

image_zps88ddfbd6.jpg

image_zpscde78edc.jpg

Now building up my mining models.

image_zps9d1a7e56.jpg

image_zpsa59eb147.jpg

Posted Image

As soon as i mentioned 300kw I was in trouble :)

#37 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts
  • Interests:tl;dr

Posted 19 September 2014 - 05:14 PM

Nice mining collection. And finally someone with legit skid photos. :P

Wanting to buy/looking for: single genuine STi rim, genuine STi front lip, Corazon or Zero/Sports grille and another OEM grille

Can you hook a brother up? Please contact me now. I have cash ready.

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

2006 Liberty MY06 3.0R SpecB wagon

#38 JRod

JRod

The artist formally known as 988OXR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 05:26 AM

Nice mining collection. And finally someone with legit skid photos. :P

Neighbours weren't impressed with the noise.

Posted Image

As soon as i mentioned 300kw I was in trouble :)

#39 Jimbo

Jimbo

Livin' the Legacy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 08:26 PM

Here's some kits I (finally) finished on Monday, a Gen2 Hippo Sleek and a GT-B Etune II kit.

I'm very happy with how the GT-B turned out. The 18" Oz Superturismo's I purchased as an add on kit, by Fujimi, and painted them black. Trainspotters will notice the big Brembo's under them, they came as a bonus inside the wheel kit, score! I didn't realise the Oz's were a wider wheel and tyre for the rear end, hence the mexi-flush. The Gen3 kit headlights are difficult to do as they aren't very detailed and defined so finding edges is hard. Need to find a better way to do them. And get some damn clear orange paint!

SAM_0634_zps0658c11a.jpg

SAM_0636_zps5e9ac996.jpg

SAM_0637_zps82749393.jpg

SAM_0638_zps5d793161.jpg

The Gen2 I was also happy with, I got lazy on the rear body windows with the black laminating that surrounds the glass pane. I'm looking at getting some tinting film for a bit more personalised look. Yes, I missed the indicators as i keep forgetting to pick up a clear orange paint!

The white wasn't quite what I expected, I was hoping for a "whiter" white but this particular one was called "Racing White" which was a more cream-white. The front end of it I'm not happy with, mostly with the foglights. The Hippo-Sleek front bar is actually an apron which tacks to the normal Gen2 kit's front bar. It comes with a mesh, which can just be seen, which I will use to finish the foglight recesses.

SAM_0631_zpsf784592d.jpg

SAM_0629_zps1aaccff6.jpg

SAM_0627_zps31a16906.jpg

SAM_0625_zpsad8ea4e3.jpg

This last kit was an old one I had finished years ago. I refurbished the rear end and front headlights with parts left over from the old Gen2 Hippo-Sleek kit, in which the chassis was damaged an unusable. I used some wheels I had left over and re-did the interior in a classic 90's JDM colour theme.

The paint has bad orange peel.

SAM_0639_zps4e122f10.jpg

SAM_0641_zps0df92f0d.jpg

SAM_0642_zps3c9b49d9.jpg

SAM_0643_zps6735d0fc.jpg

Unfortunately, I'm still having trouble trying to get a mirror finish on the paint. I have experimented with using a clear-coat, rubbing that back then using a polishing compound with no luck. Can't seem to figure it out. I used some hints from the "ItalianHorses" website which are very handy and I'm coming along well compared to how I first started out. I think I go too light on the paint coats in fear of saturating them too much, which gives a slightly rough finish I'm not overly happy with.

I have 2 more kits to finish, a recently purchased Gen1 Legacy GT wagon kit which is getting rare. It was a good price so I jumped on it. Lastly is the S-Package Gen2 GT which has some cool additions to the kit. Hopefully finish them soon!

#40 Hypnotic

Hypnotic

Everything you see is an hallucination

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,835 posts
  • Interests:long walks behind abandoned buildings.

Posted 04 November 2014 - 08:28 PM

They're sick Jimbo!!!

Love the gen3.

As soon as she hands it to you, slowly take of your pants, then, while staring her straight in the eyes rub it against the tip of you penis, while continuing your painfully intense gaze whisper to her;

"My eye is watering, this might be a bit hot"

I should just convert to single, right?

Horsepower Factory

Revzone Auto Tuning Centre

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users