• Please log in to reply
132 replies to this topic

#21 Wrx33j

Wrx33j

• Members
  • Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 08:01 PM

Not to blow your bubble or anything here Tim, but...

Have you put thought in to WHY so many people go down the path of turbo conversions? This topic and idea (and many, many other daft ideas) have been covered numerous times before. Tristan is one of the only ones that has gone down the path of an NA conversion (that I am aware of) and quite honestly I would be disappointed with that result in return for the coin I put in. Sure, it's something different but at the end of the day you're only going to want to continue modding it and getting more power - I would be very surprised if Tristan is completely happy with his car now and is willing to leave it as is.

People simply don't bother with going the 'ZMONG superpowerful NA' because it is too time consuming, requires a lot more R&D and requires a much, much deeper pocket. For the money that Tristan spent on his conversion, I could have had a nice V6 STi cut dumped in mine and be pushing 200kW ATW with a few mods. I could also have found myself an EJ257 on the cheap (2nd hand) and shoved that in with some engine management. The list of choices goes on. With turbo and high performance engines you really do have the ability to get some decent power out of them without busting up a loan fatter than Manuel Uribe.

As many people have said before, you're much better off putting that coin in to a savings account and letting it grow so you can smash a nice turbo engine in there, or putting those funds toward a 'shopping kart conversion' that will allow your car to stick to the road like Celine Dion sticks to bad song making. In saying that though, I am sure others and myself can understand that when you want to do something - you will do it, and you won't let anyone talk you out of it. Having a unique car is a good feeling, and doing what you're setting out is definitely setting it apart from all the rest but just make sure you stop and think about it all, and about how you're spending your money. Remember as well, you are on your P's and having a 'highly modified engine' is in the same boat as driving a turbo or super-charged car.

ok yea i know i would be better off goin with a turbo motor and i was goin to go with a turbo in my car to start with but i was thinkin that there no way i can hid the turbo from the cops and that i was think pot the ej25 in there and do it up coz the cops cant see what doen in the motor so thay wont know if it doen up or not . and i wanna be different but doin up a n/a subaru

and if i was to go turbo i would wanna turbo my motor coz i like how the ej25 go in the top end

but yea i been try to some were that wont f**k me around n get no power my car
but it hard

i just wanna try and get 115 or more kw atw

and yea i know were your comeing from Dylan

#22 Scuba-Roo

Scuba-Roo

The local

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,960 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 08:01 PM

Not to blow your bubble or anything here Tim, but...

Remember as well, you are on your P's and having a 'highly modified engine' is in the same boat as driving a turbo or super-charged car.

AWESOME point!

http://www.rsliberty...ead.php?t=82663

ultimate sleeper, you could always do somthing like that now, just dont have the rs bonnet

Subyclub, The place where random internet weirdos become good mates

#23 Wrx33j

Wrx33j

• Members
  • Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 08:18 PM

nah i dont want a sleeper

#24 Xon

Xon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 08:27 PM

and if i was to go turbo i would wanna turbo my motor coz i like how the ej25 go in the top end

Have you actually driven a turbo? They are nothing but top end. The bigger the turbo, the more top-end happy they get. Don't fall in to the trap of thinking your EJ25 has lots of top end power, because it just doesn't. I guess if you go compare it to something from the 1920's it does, but put it next to even a poorly put together WRX and you'll understand.

I would have gone to the kitchen, collected a brown bag, dropped my dacks, pinched off a loaf in said bag, done up dacks, stickytaped bag, placed bag in envelope, and mailed it right to your face for being such a tool.

It's ok, sometimes when we herp, we also derp.

#25 Blaeven

Blaeven

The Renowned

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 09:08 PM

agreed... see if someone will let you drive their turbo before you make up your mind... and as dylan has said... even the extremes of NA power hunting (H6) will leave you wanting more... i'll probably boost my car some day... because at the end of the day it's easier to make reliable power with some sort of boost rather than running the engine on a knifes edge where it's likely to explode or crumple into a screaming heap... and to get your EJ25 to 110+kwatw will cost you as much money (if not more) than a turbo conversion... and will always leave you wanting more power... i know that i have often thought about selling my car so i can start over and do a turbo conversion... and my car can keep up with even mildly modded wrx's (and i kept up with a stock STi during the cruise on sunday... though he wasn't going flat chat because his car was overboosting)

2mmwi1w.jpg

#26 Dylan

Dylan

Almost gen2 time.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,236 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 09:38 PM

agreed... see if someone will let you drive their turbo before you make up your mind...

and as dylan has said... even the extremes of NA power hunting (H6) will leave you wanting more...

i'll probably boost my car some day... because at the end of the day it's easier to make reliable power with some sort of boost rather than running the engine on a knifes edge where it's likely to explode or crumple into a screaming heap...

and to get your EJ25 to 110+kwatw will cost you as much money (if not more) than a turbo conversion... and will always leave you wanting more power...

i know that i have often thought about selling my car so i can start over and do a turbo conversion...

and my car can keep up with even mildly modded wrx's (and i kept up with a stock STi during the cruise on sunday... though he wasn't going flat chat because his car was overboosting)

All of what you said could apply if Tim didn't do any of it himself. If he wanted to rebuild engine then he could make up a nice powerful NA engine, but it would cost dollars yes. It really depends on what way you want to go with it all Tim, and what your skills are, and what you are willing to pay people for. I think it's great that you're wanting to get going with something, and don't let people put you off doing what you want to do, it's just other people can bring more suggestions and ideas to the table.

Yours IS AWD, innit?

#27 Wrx33j

Wrx33j

• Members
  • Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 09:47 PM

All of what you said could apply if Tim didn't do any of it himself. If he wanted to rebuild engine then he could make up a nice powerful NA engine, but it would cost dollars yes. It really depends on what way you want to go with it all Tim, and what your skills are, and what you are willing to pay people for. I think it's great that you're wanting to get going with something, and don't let people put you off doing what you want to do, it's just other people can bring more suggestions and ideas to the table.

Yours IS AWD, innit?

im not doing anythin my self lol but it hard to find some who wont rip me off and yea i wanting to rebuild the engine
i been try to find some one who will do a real good job on it

and yes my subaru is AWD

#28 Alex

Alex

NO AIDS

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,230 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 06:04 AM

For all those who want to mod an NA subaru for more power,

Awesome advice for you all right here.

All the facts and info you need!

CLICK HERE!!

#29 Soop

Soop

Suck, squeeze, bang, blow.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 08:18 AM

Running ej22 ECU? Ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping, and still only 37hp.... you're replacing one nugget, with a head gasket happy nugget. Top show. Tristan, you're a dead set bell end. You have no f**k**g idea. AVLS heads? What the f*ck are you smoking dip shit? They make F**k all difference on your nugget, they'll make even less on his.
TSM

#30 Blaeven

Blaeven

The Renowned

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 09:35 AM

Running ej22 ECU?

Ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping, and still only 37hp....

you're replacing one nugget, with a head gasket happy nugget. Top show.

Tristan, you're a dead set bell end. You have no f**k**g idea. AVLS heads? What the f*ck are you smoking dip shit?
They make F**k all difference on your nugget, they'll make even less on his.

are you f**king kidding soop??

how about you stop talking shit about subjects on which you have no idea...

factory:
ez30d (no avls) = 155kw
ez30r (avls) = 180kw

actually, you know what...??
maybe you're right...

what WERE subaru thinking by putting avls on their heads... they should insead use a single cam and pushrods... cos, you know... that's how you make real powah!!

douche

2mmwi1w.jpg

#31 Dylan

Dylan

Almost gen2 time.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,236 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 09:52 AM

factory:
ez30d (no avls) = 155kw
ez30r (avls) = 180kw

maybe you're right...

what WERE subaru thinking by putting avls on their heads... they should insead use a single cam and pushrods... cos, you know... that's how you make real powah!!

douche

Original suggestion was on a EJ25D Tristan. You're now comparing 6 bangers with the early DOHC 2.5L 4.

Play nice guys, differing opinions aren't going to be resolved without concrete facts on what you're claiming.

#32 Blaeven

Blaeven

The Renowned

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 10:05 AM

Original suggestion was on a EJ25D Tristan. You're now comparing 6 bangers with the early DOHC 2.5L 4.

Play nice guys, differing opinions aren't going to be resolved without concrete facts on what you're claiming.

yeh i know, but i was saying that some AVLS heads could go along way... maybe not as much as on the H6 but they would be the best bet for heads if he still wants a streetable car...

2mmwi1w.jpg

#33 Wrx33j

Wrx33j

• Members
  • Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 01:09 PM

really funny alex

#34 Scuba-Roo

Scuba-Roo

The local

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,960 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 01:41 PM

haha! Ash was talking about someone who put a bucket load into an ej25, decent head work, ecu, zorst, light weight flywheel maybe, bored the block and with high comp pistons probably and a few other things i cant remeber of the top of my head and they had 108kw@w or it was somthing like that

Subyclub, The place where random internet weirdos become good mates

#35 Blaeven

Blaeven

The Renowned

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 02:49 PM

why not put an ez30d in it?? cheaper than my engine and easier too... and it'll still be NA

2mmwi1w.jpg

#36 Soop

Soop

Suck, squeeze, bang, blow.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 03:28 PM

factory:
ez30d (no avls) = 155kw
ez30r (avls) = 180kw

maybe you're right...

douche

You're a f**king moron.
You've proven this over and over again.

But hey, that seems to be the Subaru way. BYE!
TSM

#37 Blaeven

Blaeven

The Renowned

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 03:42 PM

But hey, that seems to be the Subaru way. BYE!

good riddance to bad rubbish!

2mmwi1w.jpg

#38 Wrx33j

Wrx33j

• Members
  • Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 03:51 PM

nah i goin to stay with ej25 :D

#39 ams

ams

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29,212 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 03:54 PM

good riddance to bad rubbish!

Maybe if you'd taken on board some of the constructive criticism's him and others had earlier earlier, you wouldn't have ended up with the ass-nugget you have now.

Don't diss everything you hear just because you don't like what's said, grow the f**k up all of you.

Ugh i could ramble on for forking days about this stuff.

#40 Blaeven

Blaeven

The Renowned

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 04:14 PM

Maybe if you'd taken on board some of the constructive criticism's him and others had earlier earlier, you wouldn't have ended up with the ass-nugget you have now.

Don't diss everything you hear just because you don't like what's said, grow the f**k up all of you.

ok, i'm not going to stand there and take abuse from him, and listen to him saying that AVLS makes 0 difference when it quite clearly does (why the f**k would subaru use it otherwise?) and he hasn't seen/been in my car to be able to comment about it.

and i'm also not going to accept you refering to my car as an "ass nugget" when you haven't seen it either. what about my car makes it an 'ass-nugget' anyway? do you know of a faster NA subie?

this whole thing with my car is a load of bullshit. most people here seem to have something "constructive" to say about it and they haven't seen it, been in it or driven it.

sure, it looks like shit, but at this point in time i don't much care, because when i can keep it right up the ass end of an STi throught the twisties (and on a straight road) it makes me smile. and it's not even turbo yet.

Tim, mate, whatever you decide to do to your car, unless you can tolerate the abuse that most people here seem likely to spout, i'd say keep it to yourself... it will be a loss for the people where who do care, but the rest of them don't seem to have anything nice to say about people that don't follow the norm.

just make sure you PM me about it... cos i wanna know ;)

edit:
you say "Don't diss everything you hear just because you don't like it" when that's exactly what you and others have been doing to me about my car. just cos you wouldn't spend the coin doing what i did, doesn't mean you have the right to abuse the shit out of it...

2mmwi1w.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users