←  Anything Goes

Suby Club

»

The SC Mutha-Flippin GT - What's a 4rum?

El_Freddo's Photo El_Freddo 25 Jun 2018

Harden up Beckers!

Awesome weather!! I'd be out and about if I could...

Niko, I'll check out that vid once on the computer - youtube doesn't like my old iphone4 :/

Cheers

Bennie

Beckers's Photo Beckers 27 Jun 2018

Harden up Beckers!

Just wait until you get old like me m8.

El_Freddo's Photo El_Freddo 27 Jun 2018

Just wait until you get old like me m8.

I'm aiming to be five for many years to come :P

El_Freddo's Photo El_Freddo 30 Jun 2018

Today can go get :fork: 'd

allpaw4's Photo allpaw4 02 Jul 2018

God damn it was cold this morning. Still had ice on the passenger side of the windscreen after driving for an hour to work this morning. Door didn't want to open when I got there either. Iced shut. Had to hip and shoulder it to bust it open.

Cheers,
Ben

Liberty's Photo Liberty 02 Jul 2018

Hahaha, I can see that happening. It's damn cold in the mornings here but after about 15 minutes of morning run the jumper comes off.

Barbbachello's Photo Barbbachello 02 Jul 2018

Was very icy this morning. Left the car to idle for 10 mins while i got ready. Was toasty and ready to go when i got in

Liberty's Photo Liberty 02 Jul 2018

It's mornings like these where I love having heated seats. :P

El_Freddo's Photo El_Freddo 02 Jul 2018

Haha Ben!

That always used to happen up at Hotham! We used to take a ruler to run between the window and rubber to get the doors open. After shovelling a hole in the snow for the exhaust to escape you'd start the car then shovel snow while waiting for the car to warm up and the heater to kick in. No use driving in a cold car - windows would fog up making visibility nearly nothing.

Also something to note: if you're travelling to the snow regions a) ensure you're carrying chains that actually fit your vehicle (common knowledge) and B) when leaving the car park remove all snow from the roof of your car, even if you have racks up top. I say this as the local cops up Hotham way took great delight in booking punters for having a non secured load on their vehicle. I can see where they're coming from but busting out a fine must've been to "help" pay for their time...

Good times living up there though! I'd be back if I could work out some logistics - and an ongoing job!

Cheers

Bennie

allpaw4's Photo allpaw4 02 Jul 2018

Theres one of the issues right there. Old shitbox commodore hasn't had a working heater for the past 12 months. Was bloody cold. Worst part about the whole thing is needing the air con going for demist. Once things finally settle with my ex I'll be able to get it fixed up. But until then its just a case of rug up.

Weather is looking nice now but.
Hope everyone is enjoying their monday.

Cheers,
Ben

Bumpty's Photo Bumpty 03 Jul 2018

Wake up wob!

Guest_KONG_* 05 Jul 2018

Fucken retard

Guest_KONG_* 05 Jul 2018

It's to fuken cold to type M8.

Too*

You're a fucken retard too

Bumpty's Photo Bumpty 05 Jul 2018

Too*

You're a fucken retard too

Two retards sitting in a tree
One named Kong and one named me
and we were k. i. s. s. i. n. geee

El_Freddo's Photo El_Freddo 06 Jul 2018

Yep... Totally can't get to sleep tonight :/

My usual tricks aren't working. It's pissing me off now!

Bennie

Bumpty's Photo Bumpty 06 Jul 2018

Yep... Totally can't get to sleep tonight :/

My usual tricks aren't working. It's pissing me off now!

Bennie

Try freezing der banana

El_Freddo's Photo El_Freddo 22 Jul 2018

So, other than dodgy convo killing advice, what's everyone up to?

Cheers

Bennie

Niko's Photo Niko 22 Jul 2018

Work and some sneaky Subinats prep. How bout you Bennie?

El_Freddo's Photo El_Freddo 22 Jul 2018

Work and some sneaky Subinats prep. How bout you Bennie?

Ooh, where's Subinats this year?? Sometimes I think I live under a rock!

What have I been up to Niko? Well I managed some long overdue shed time! :fork: yeah!!

So I've been playing engine today. Stripped down an ej20 that I'm planning/will use as the short block for my RS with all the turbo gear including pistons (the important bit!). The bores look mint and this engine apparently has 90k km on it. Oil was golden and the all important bottom end feels good. So I'm pretty stoked.

Now to work out a gudgeon pin removal tool as I don't have the slide hammer we usually use (plus I broke it the last time I used it). Anyone got any ideas??

Cheers

Bennie

Barbbachello's Photo Barbbachello 23 Jul 2018

Ive seen people use a plain old 1/2" extension before