Photo

The SC Mutha-Flippin GT - What's a 4rum?

• Please log in to reply
1627 replies to this topic

#1221 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Stereos, Electrical

Posted 04 February 2021 - 09:14 PM

Nice Morgs, certainly a nice unit there. Always liked the green on the VS's.
I'm kicking around in a gen 3 again, after selling the B4 a while back, and then buying it back again. Long story, but hey. Good to have turbo!

MY00 Red RX, a nice daily that was sold off once the B4 became reliable...
MY02 Blue B4, aka 'The Project' - v8 JDM STi engine package and assorted other 'goodies' - Sold, then bought back for parts. Stripped and crushed.
MY03 Blue RX, the newer old daily, pretty well more B4 than RX now... In the process of being converted to the track toy... Watch this space!
MY02 Silver Wagon, H6 conversion, full blue/black leather and almost full black interior to go with it.
MY03 White/Silver H6 Outback, donor car for silver waghoon.
MY97 Silver RX, acquired to become track car, but plans changed. To be stripped and scrapped in time.

#1222 Morgan

Morgan

...jus waitin' 4 a m8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,485 posts
  • Interests:Taking a poo

Posted 04 February 2021 - 09:58 PM

Haha nice dude. Love a good buy back

IM47Gcv.jpg

#1223 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,246 posts
  • Interests:Subarus, 4wd'n Subarus, travelling Subarus, Tinkering... I could go on!

Posted 04 February 2021 - 11:43 PM

Very clean VS there Morgs!

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
https://www.imageshack.us/i/po1BKrxbj
1BKrxb.jpg
El Freddo's Pics    -    El_Freddo's youtube

#1224 Morgan

Morgan

...jus waitin' 4 a m8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,485 posts

Posted 06 February 2021 - 04:33 PM

Cheers Benny

Cheers

Morgan

IM47Gcv.jpg

#1225 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,246 posts
  • Interests:Subarus, 4wd'n Subarus, travelling Subarus, Tinkering... I could go on!

Posted 13 February 2021 - 12:15 AM

:fork: yeah! Lockdown 3.0! Who’s with me??

**crickets chirp**

Yep, I’ll go back to whatever it was I was doing before this post...

“Cheers!”

Bennie
1BKrxb.jpg

#1226 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 13 February 2021 - 03:23 PM

Yea, it's shit. We got to Geelong on the way to Anglesea for a holiday weekend before the announcement came through. Understand why they're doing the full state considering the amount of people who tried to bail the city before the last one, but doesn't make us feel any better... Hopefully everyone is well!

Cheers,
Ben

MY02 Blue B4, aka 'The Project' - v8 JDM STi engine package and assorted other 'goodies' - Sold, then bought back for parts. Stripped and crushed.
MY03 Blue RX, the newer old daily, pretty well more B4 than RX now... In the process of being converted to the track toy... Watch this space!
MY02 Silver Wagon, H6 conversion, full blue/black leather and almost full black interior to go with it.
MY97 Silver RX, acquired to become track car, but plans changed. To be stripped and scrapped in time.

#1227 RX25SE

RX25SE

...............Car nerd................ now a H6 pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts
  • Interests:Cars with chrome bumpers!

Posted 13 February 2021 - 05:33 PM

With ya Bennie!

We were the same Ben. Headed to Ararat for a long weekend away with NO KIDS only to turn around at Baccus Marsh and head for home.

I get that they need a 'circuit breaker' to catch up with contact tracing but if they had kept the virus in hotel quarantine, we wouldn't be in lockdown.

I dispute that our system is 'Gold Standard' when NSW has handled a far greater number of return travelers and only had to lockdown a suburb. Maybe they got it right???
Why do other states have a centralised dept of health QR system, when here organisations can choose their own?

I'm 50/50 they will extend this lock down to 14 days to allow a full incubation period.
Lift your game Dan! Man up and look to the other states for advise and support instead of bragging about how the other states will be looking at how good we are. Clearly we dont have this right yet.

@ Michael O'Brien. Stop pissing and moaning about how bad the other guy is and start offering something constructive.

/rant

If I told you I was a compulsive liar, would you believe me?

#1228 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,246 posts

Posted 13 February 2021 - 10:07 PM

Meh. The whole hotel quarantine thing is all political based. Fed being liberal and is being labour it doesn’t go so well. NSW is liberal so of course they’re going to play off Vic and vice versa more than the two normally would.

The federal government should have taken full control over the hotel quarantine program to either centralise it in one location or roll out nation wide standard ways of operating so there’s no non-productive bickering going on.

On that, anyone following Jimmy Reeves, aka Jimmy Giggle? He’s done some great vids that include the our state’s handling and responses to the covid etc. You can find him as “Jimmy Rees” on YouTube from memory.

Cheers

Bennie
1BKrxb.jpg

#1229 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 14 February 2021 - 07:23 AM

That's half the issue, the states aren't supposed to be responsible for quarantine. It's just Scummo decided to sit on his hands and do nothing initially, forcing the states to take over what should be a federal responsibility. I'll be very surprised if Labor don't get in the next federal election. Liberal have been embroiled in that many scandals over the last 2 years. Bushfire funding that has been used in marginal liberal electorates that by contrast, were barely touched by the fires, sports rorts, NBN, the list goes on. I get that Labor probably aren't much better, but damn...

#1230 Guest_KONG_*

Guest_KONG_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 February 2021 - 07:57 AM

Nice Morgs. Very tidy lounge room on wheels.
My bro had a similar VR back in the day and I loved driving it. Always put a smile on my face. Felt bloody huge.

#1231 Morgan

Morgan

...jus waitin' 4 a m8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,485 posts

Posted 15 February 2021 - 08:39 AM

Nice Morgs. Very tidy lounge room on wheels.
My bro had a similar VR back in the day and I loved driving it. Always put a smile on my face. Felt bloody huge.

Siiiick!

After owning VY, VX and VE, the VS feels cosy 😂

IM47Gcv.jpg

#1232 Guest_KONG_*

Guest_KONG_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 February 2021 - 08:55 AM

Haha, I had my rx7 back then so maybe it just felt huge in comparison.
Congrats on finding a nice example

#1233 RX25SE

RX25SE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts

Posted 21 February 2021 - 12:15 PM

Super tidy VSII Calais Morgs!!

I saw my old VSII Acclaim wagon the other day, still owned by the bloke I sold it to 8 years ago and still looks the same. He barely drives it, just leaves it in the shed as an appreciating asset!

#1234 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,246 posts

Posted 27 February 2021 - 10:02 AM

Sad to say, I think I want another long term lock down - only because I got heaps done on my projects, there was no line at the coffee shop before work and literally no dickheads on the roads. Good times!

Snap lockdowns can go jump, theyre worse for projects than no lockdowns.

Cheers

Bennie
1BKrxb.jpg

#1235 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 28 February 2021 - 08:23 AM

Yea, I'm not really in agreeance there, I had to work as normal, so nothing changed, all that was different was restricting what I could do because certain shops weren't open, and wearing those bloody masks. Don't get me wrong, I see the merit in them, but damn they were annoying!

#1236 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,246 posts

Posted 28 February 2021 - 10:36 PM

Yeah fair enough Ben, at least we weren’t in Melbourne. I think that helped - and it seemed many stores in Benders remained open and accessible to shop for bits and pieces. It also helped that being a teacher in an alternative school I was out and about regularly visiting students with food packages and school work. The home schooling back at home wasn’t so much fun...

In the shotgun lockdown, Bunnings and Officeworks did an online purchase then drive and collect. It sucked. This will probably be the MO if there’s another lockdown.

Anyway, had a good day doing some shit work I’d rather not do on the RS and the Brumby - hopefully killing rust for the long term!

Cheers

Bennie
1BKrxb.jpg

#1237 Morgan

Morgan

...jus waitin' 4 a m8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,485 posts

Posted 03 March 2021 - 08:48 PM

Super tidy VSII Calais Morgs!!

I saw my old VSII Acclaim wagon the other day, still owned by the bloke I sold it to 8 years ago and still looks the same. He barely drives it, just leaves it in the shed as an appreciating asset!

Thats awesome! Any pics? Good to hear hes looking after it and you still see it around

IM47Gcv.jpg

#1238 RX25SE

RX25SE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts

Posted 04 March 2021 - 06:50 PM

I'll see if I can find any Morgs. TBH I don't remember taking may of it. 😟

#1239 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,246 posts

Posted 06 March 2021 - 10:14 AM

Well, RYAN-78 from Eastland Body Repairs, you drive like a :fork: ‘n dick! You don’t own the road pal, there are other road users! You need to chill out, stop intimidating others on the road and especially stop tailgating motorbikes!!

You’re the only notable dickhead we’ve seen on our road trip so far... but the day is still young :(
End rant.

Bennie
1BKrxb.jpg

#1240 Guest_KONG_*

Guest_KONG_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 March 2021 - 08:47 PM

Sounds like an absolute dick.

fork you Ryan... fork you in your stupid arse.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)