Photo

The SC Mutha-Flippin GT - What's a 4rum?

• Please log in to reply
1627 replies to this topic

#1381 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts
  • Interests:tl;dr

Posted 16 August 2021 - 02:31 PM

Do it!
It knocked my Mrs around a bit but I was fine. She had chills and fever for 2 days and all I got was a sore arm. The second dose was a little worse than the first.

Locked in. 24th August. :D

Wanting to buy/looking for: single genuine STi rim, genuine STi front lip, Corazon or Zero/Sports grille and another OEM grille

Can you hook a brother up? Please contact me now. I have cash ready.

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

2006 Liberty MY06 3.0R SpecB wagon

#1382 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Stereos, Electrical

Posted 16 August 2021 - 03:06 PM

Very nice! Just waiting till they release Pfizer to the masses here - AZ hasnt been tested in pregnancy stuff, so me and the wife are avoiding that one as we're trying. 

MY00 Red RX, a nice daily that was sold off once the B4 became reliable...
MY02 Blue B4, aka 'The Project' - v8 JDM STi engine package and assorted other 'goodies' - Sold, then bought back for parts. Stripped and crushed.
MY03 Blue RX, the newer old daily, pretty well more B4 than RX now... In the process of being converted to the track toy... Watch this space!
MY02 Silver Wagon, H6 conversion, full blue/black leather and almost full black interior to go with it.
MY03 White/Silver H6 Outback, donor car for silver waghoon.
MY97 Silver RX, acquired to become track car, but plans changed. To be stripped and scrapped in time.

#1383 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts

Posted 16 August 2021 - 05:07 PM

Exactly why I decided to wait for the Pfizer to be honest. I'm not risking it.

Wanting to buy/looking for: single genuine STi rim, genuine STi front lip, Corazon or Zero/Sports grille and another OEM grille

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

#1384 Guest_KONG_*

Guest_KONG_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 August 2021 - 10:26 AM

Pfizer is the one you want. But yes, it will knock you around some, my superintendent just had his second one last week - it knocked him around something fierce. Nothing bad, but wrecked him for a day or 2.

Yeah Pfizer is clearly the better option if you can get it. The supply dried up quickly here on the Central Coast when Gladys diverted all the region's remaining doses to Sydney. It now seems the only people here who can get it are the one's waiting for the second dose. So it's basically AZ or nothing here.
I know plenty of people that have taken the AZ with no complications but I'm glad I was lucky enough to get Pfizer. I wasn't eligible when I applied but my partner was because she worked in aged care. When she was getting her shot they had some no shows and they let me in. Bloody lucky.

#1385 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts

Posted 17 August 2021 - 02:25 PM

Far that's good.

The only reason I wanted Pfizer over the rest is because they're giving it to all the frontline people, emergency services, important people, etc. Why would they go with that one over any other vaccine? Other than that I am just really basing it on reading about them if I'm honest. Jess' mum is a nurse at RPA as well and she advised us to get Pfizer too.

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

#1386 RX25SE

RX25SE

...............Car nerd................ now a H6 pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts
  • Interests:Cars with chrome bumpers!

Posted 17 August 2021 - 04:21 PM

Right now I'm waiting out my 15min after jab #2.

The tracker they just implanted must be working, as my phone reception just went wonky....

If I told you I was a compulsive liar, would you believe me?

#1387 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,246 posts
  • Interests:Subarus, 4wd'n Subarus, travelling Subarus, Tinkering... I could go on!

Posted 17 August 2021 - 04:36 PM

The tracker they just implanted must be working, as my phone reception just went wonky....

Pissa mate! And good on you! I’ve got jab #2 tomorrow arvo. Can’t wait. I still don’t think it’s the answer to getting out of these lockdowns - it’ll only reduce our symptoms (if any) if you get Covid, but they’re saying you can still be infectious. So what about our kids? Parents all sorted only to bring it home to their kids... that’s what concerns me for my kids.

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
https://www.imageshack.us/i/po1BKrxbj
1BKrxb.jpg
El Freddo's Pics    -    El_Freddo's youtube

#1388 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts

Posted 17 August 2021 - 06:14 PM

Haha, you're a walking 5G tower now.

God some people are stupid.

Good stuff mate. I just filled in the admission forms now in preparation for mine in about a week's time.

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

#1389 Guest_KONG_*

Guest_KONG_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 August 2021 - 09:15 PM

The kids are a concern & I feel for the teachers too. I don't really want to send mine back to school until they're vaccinated. Teachers should also be a priority in the queue.
We're living through a massive clusterfuck here in NSW. Gladys Barbecuechicken has a lot to answer for. As for old brokeback Dan Andrews, at least that guy answers the bloody questions that are thrown at him instead of deflecting and changing the subject like Gladys does at every opportunity.
Please know... She shits me so bad!

#1390 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts

Posted 18 August 2021 - 11:48 AM

Haha, have you watched Sooshi Mango for that name?

I feel for them at least. They have to face this shit each and every day trying to give the facts without excuses, dealing with fatigue and their own lives, etc. Jess is in PR/comms and she speaks very highly of her. She says that the way she communicates is exactly what she is supposed to be doing, it just comes across in a different way to you and me.

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

#1391 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,246 posts
  • Interests:Subarus, 4wd'n Subarus, travelling Subarus, Tinkering... I could go on!

Posted 18 August 2021 - 05:34 PM

From a political PR spin side of things she’s probably text book. But from a general public that are looking to their state government for guidance and understanding through these challenging times, she’s not cutting the mustard.

As for Dan, I couldn’t imagine standing up in front of the media every day with the same grim news and the same rhetoric to those not doing the right thing for over 100 days straight. That must be some sort of political world record...

The numbers will still group in NSW until the majority (all would be best!) of the community start taking the lockdown restrictions seriously. Yes people will have lockdown burn out, yes ppl will develop poor mental health (and hopefully work through this with supports), yes some businesses will go under. But these are the things that will happen to help save lives and reduce the unknown long term impacts of getting COVID-19 (of any variant). Can’t put a price on a life. And I really feel for those families that have lost a loved one, particularly the loss of someone who hasn’t had their full innings yet.

Fingers crossed this is over sooner rather than later.

Cheers

Bennie
1BKrxb.jpg

#1392 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,246 posts

Posted 20 August 2021 - 06:50 PM

12 new cases in Shepp just today. Not good news for regional Vic ;(

Bennie
1BKrxb.jpg

#1393 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 21 August 2021 - 10:34 AM

Well, I'm expecting a full state lockdown to be honest. Unless they're good about it and go back to LGA's. But I doubt that'll happen as it relies way to much on people staying put.

Hope everyone is good!

MY02 Blue B4, aka 'The Project' - v8 JDM STi engine package and assorted other 'goodies' - Sold, then bought back for parts. Stripped and crushed.
MY03 Blue RX, the newer old daily, pretty well more B4 than RX now... In the process of being converted to the track toy... Watch this space!
MY02 Silver Wagon, H6 conversion, full blue/black leather and almost full black interior to go with it.
MY97 Silver RX, acquired to become track car, but plans changed. To be stripped and scrapped in time.

#1394 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,246 posts

Posted 21 August 2021 - 04:21 PM

Yep, statewide lockdown it is - as expected. I’d be annoyed if they tried the LGA lockdowns again. Sydney proved it doesn’t work and I bet regional areas would be the same. It seems to be the first time that positive Covid poo sampling resulted in actually detecting Covid positive ppl. With that in mind the Govt would be further concerned that there’s positive results in Lakes Entrance too.

Now to see what this means for school expectations. And I just (Friday) organised a day trip for our students in week 8, two days before our supposed easing of lockdown restrictions.

Mind you, I’d rather be in lockdown to get case numbers down to manageable or zero than let this thing “run its course” and possibly develop a new strain, not to mention all those that would fall victim to the virus. Those that are protesting in the “freedom” protests don’t seem to get the bigger picture, but they could be getting “it” (Covid) right now. So we can expect to see our case numbers rise dramatically this coming week in Vic ;( And NSW broke a record today taking the highest number of daily cases off Victoria from last year’s peak numbers. I hope that’s the end of the rising numbers but the reports are suggesting otherwise :(

Stay safe everyone. I hope you managed to sort out materials for your various lockdown projects. Call mates and catch up over the phone or via a video call. Many different things can be done to make this time easier than it would otherwise be.

Cheers

Bennie
1BKrxb.jpg

#1395 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 22 August 2021 - 11:00 AM

Yea, getting a little annoyed at the media fwits tbh. They keep asking the same questions and expecting the government to lockdown earlier, based purely off the positive in sewerage. At least that was my impression. And they kept going back to that question despite repeated answers to say they need hard cases to do anything. It's rediculuous. They ripped him last year for locking down, and now they're ripping him for not having a magic Ball.

I'll be surprised if schools are open to all Bennie, considering delta seems to be rampant through schools.

I saw an interesting map of Sydney the other day, NSW government has locked down most of Sydney, but coincidentally, Gladys binchicken's and Scummo's LGA's are not in lockdown, despite being almost surrounded by locked down LGA's. Favouritism much?

Cheers,
Ben

#1396 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,246 posts

Posted 26 August 2021 - 09:30 PM

Geez were a quiet bunch when in lockdown! Or are we all watching NSW and the political experiment thats about to unfold there (sorry to our NSW counterparts, I really feel for you guys!).

I hope NSW isnt a Petrie Dish experiment thatll replicate the same thing happening in Israel, many parts of the US and in the UK too. So many real world examples for our leaders to look at and KNOW what will happen, but NSW leaders are apparently some sort of trail blazers that will do the same thing but end up with a different result (thats actually the same) <facepalm>

Stay safe!

Cheers

Bennie
1BKrxb.jpg

#1397 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 27 August 2021 - 10:56 AM

It has been quiet ay! Everyone seems to be out working on projects and stuff I'd say...

#1398 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts

Posted 27 August 2021 - 11:14 AM

I'm still working, albeit not full days, but that's keeping me preoccupied. :P

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

#1399 RX25SE

RX25SE

...............Car nerd................ now a H6 pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts
  • Interests:Cars with chrome bumpers!

Posted 27 August 2021 - 03:35 PM

Yep quiet.

I have a serious case of the CBFs...

If I told you I was a compulsive liar, would you believe me?

#1400 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 27 August 2021 - 05:08 PM

Can understand that Jase! Although I really need to pull the liberty into the shed and check the bottom radiator hose. Lost enough coolant yesterday to boil the coolant, thankfully it hasn't blown it up. Kept the cap on the first click to stop it from pressurising as a stop gap before I get a chance to check it tomorrow. Hasn't drained the coolant, must just leak slowly under pressure. But, as you say, I really CBF.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users