Photo

The SC Mutha-Flippin GT - What's a 4rum?

• Please log in to reply
1627 replies to this topic

#1361 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Stereos, Electrical

Posted 05 August 2021 - 05:03 PM

Oh I couldn't agree more Bennie! Pause the loans, and let people breathe, especially those losing work over this. It's not like the banks lose out. They'll still get their money.

I hate auto correct, especially when I don't notice it! Gonna have to turn that shit off. It autocorrected foz to fox. And now it wants to correct it to fix. FFS!

Enjoy your week of freedom peeps!

Cheers,
Ben

MY00 Red RX, a nice daily that was sold off once the B4 became reliable...
MY02 Blue B4, aka 'The Project' - v8 JDM STi engine package and assorted other 'goodies' - Sold, then bought back for parts. Stripped and crushed.
MY03 Blue RX, the newer old daily, pretty well more B4 than RX now... In the process of being converted to the track toy... Watch this space!
MY02 Silver Wagon, H6 conversion, full blue/black leather and almost full black interior to go with it.
MY03 White/Silver H6 Outback, donor car for silver waghoon.
MY97 Silver RX, acquired to become track car, but plans changed. To be stripped and scrapped in time.

#1362 RX25SE

RX25SE

...............Car nerd................ now a H6 pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts
  • Interests:Cars with chrome bumpers!

Posted 05 August 2021 - 08:44 PM

Yep, here we go again...

If I told you I was a compulsive liar, would you believe me?

#1363 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,246 posts
  • Interests:Subarus, 4wd'n Subarus, travelling Subarus, Tinkering... I could go on!

Posted 08 August 2021 - 10:28 AM

So, how long are we in this one for? I felt last time in 5.0 that we should’ve gone another week but I realise how the masses wouldn’t see why - I think were being shown the reason why now...

I’m going to say we’ll be out of lockdown and back to living with restricted visitors (aka none) and mask wearing continuing on 26th August if daily case number don’t hit 100 and all are isolating while infected - that last bit I reckon is the key point, and no mystery cases.

Fingers crossed we’ll be out of this sooner rather than later. My students are knocked around with these in and out of lockdown moves - they just need consistency as much as being at home for some of them is a bad situation.

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
https://www.imageshack.us/i/po1BKrxbj
1BKrxb.jpg
El Freddo's Pics    -    El_Freddo's youtube

#1364 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 08 August 2021 - 11:09 AM

Well so far we're not doing so well on the cases front, yesterday's cases were all in the community while infectious.

MY02 Blue B4, aka 'The Project' - v8 JDM STi engine package and assorted other 'goodies' - Sold, then bought back for parts. Stripped and crushed.
MY03 Blue RX, the newer old daily, pretty well more B4 than RX now... In the process of being converted to the track toy... Watch this space!
MY02 Silver Wagon, H6 conversion, full blue/black leather and almost full black interior to go with it.
MY97 Silver RX, acquired to become track car, but plans changed. To be stripped and scrapped in time.

#1365 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,246 posts
  • Interests:Subarus, 4wd'n Subarus, travelling Subarus, Tinkering... I could go on!

Posted 08 August 2021 - 04:02 PM

So were today’s count. But 11 is way down from the 29 we had yesterday. Maybe the weekend testing slump? Hopefully not. The beginning of a downward trend would be most welcome.

I think we’ll find that all cases for the next few days we’re infectious in the community. Until we get the results of contacts from the beginning of lockdown.

Cheers

Bennie
1BKrxb.jpg

#1366 RX25SE

RX25SE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts

Posted 08 August 2021 - 09:26 PM

I'll bet we are out on Friday 20th so long as any cases that arise 2 or 3 days before then are all linked and in iso.

Each time we get locked down, irrespective of how long, I feel them harder to deal with.

Getting jab no.2 on the 17th, so at least I can leave the house that day..

#1367 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,246 posts

Posted 09 August 2021 - 09:14 AM

It’s difficult Jase but I reckon you need to work out how to flip your thinking so it helps out with your mental health in terms of lockdowns. Yes they’re not fun, for sure. Try sorting yourself out with a project at home or doing some maintenance or even washing your car - something that you find enjoyable. Next trick is working this into your day around any work commitments.

Try identifying three things in your life that you appreciate. This could be the roof over your head, the heating for comfort, food, loved ones etc. This can help realise how good we actually have it in our lives - but we take far too much of it for granted!

And exercise. Quite important and I know I don’t do enough! I went for a bike ride through the bush near home yesterday, good ride even though I copped a flat on the front tyre about 3km from home. I slept the best I’ve slept in ages last night!

Hang in there mate. Sadly I don’t think this is our last one for 2021...

Cheers

Bennie
1BKrxb.jpg

#1368 RX25SE

RX25SE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts

Posted 09 August 2021 - 09:22 AM

Thanks mate. Yeah I know it won't be the last, I'm OK, just pissed off at the moment.

I have stuff I can do, just can't be all that farked ATM but that will change.

I've started looking at houses again though,  I don't want to rent anymore and it will be nice for us to have a place where I can change things to the way I want them. Something to look forward to.

#1369 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 09 August 2021 - 09:51 PM

To be honest Jase, I don't think it will be that long, as long as case numbers don't keep going up. He's pulled regional out early, so I can't see metro staying in longer than needed.

Feeling the irritation with being locked down though! Good job getting the jab! The more people that get it the sooner we can do away with these lockdowns.

#1370 RX25SE

RX25SE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts

Posted 09 August 2021 - 10:51 PM

I hope you're right Ben. I'm glad regional is out tonight, seems so silly to stay locked down when there is not even a trace outside Melb.

#1371 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts
  • Interests:tl;dr

Posted 10 August 2021 - 02:36 PM

356 new cases in NSW. We're in it for the long haul... :negative:

Wanting to buy/looking for: single genuine STi rim, genuine STi front lip, Corazon or Zero/Sports grille and another OEM grille

Can you hook a brother up? Please contact me now. I have cash ready.

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

2006 Liberty MY06 3.0R SpecB wagon

#1372 RX25SE

RX25SE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts

Posted 10 August 2021 - 09:07 PM

Certainly seems so Gaz. :(

I'm supposed to be heading to Sydney during the school holidays, seems unlikely at this stage.

Keep safe mate.

#1373 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,246 posts

Posted 10 August 2021 - 10:39 PM

Yeah Gaz, chin up. Do the best you can to minimise your exposure to the virus and you’ll be fine in the long run. Encourage family and friends to do the same! Every little bit helps.

Day one out of lockdown for Bendigo - many ppl cruising around without a mask in sight. Very disappointing! It’s this behaviour that will see us back in lockdown again sooner rather than never (if/when we get to that point).

As for vaccination, both Mrs El_Freddo and I would be fully vaxxed by now if the “rollout” wasn’t the biggest exercise in discrimintion in modern history. I’m lined up for my second shot next week - but only because I’m teaching staff of students on the NDIS... go figure. Can’t get Mrs El_Freddo vaccinated yet and I feel guilty about that. She’s not keen on the AZ.

Jase, we’ve noticed a slowdown in the house sales in our area, they’re staying up longer and they’re still asking too much for the local market. It seems the wave of suburbanites over paying for regional houses is on the decline. That doesn’t help us yet, we need the house prices to come down (two steps behind now with how quickly prices spiked! Frustrating!). We’re in the same boat mate, would love a place of our own to do what we want with it and not have a stranger invade our house with a camera every six months!

A mate from WA and I were planning to head to Subinats then do some 4wdn in the blue mountains before heading to Vic to 4wd our way from the east to the west where he’ll continue home and I’ll go back to work. But covid changed all that. Plan B, C, D... is being discussed atm without any real idea if anything is going to happen from my end this year. Plus my work on the Subi is delayed further each week.

Fun fun this way of living. All the best to everyone, make the best of the given situation you can.

Cheers

Bennie
1BKrxb.jpg

#1374 Guest_KONG_*

Guest_KONG_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 August 2021 - 11:33 AM

Stay safe Lads and keep your chin up. Tough times.

#1375 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,246 posts

Posted 13 August 2021 - 11:10 PM

Stay safe Lads and keep your chin up. Tough times.

Chin up and masks on all the time! It’s not worth the risk of being struck down with Covid and it’s seemingly endless list of shit it can do to your body long term.

Stay safe ppl. Get those projects going at home to stay sane! Online shopping makes this so much easier!

Cheers

Bennie
1BKrxb.jpg

#1376 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts

Posted 15 August 2021 - 10:15 AM

Trying to secure the Pfizer jab as we speak for me and the mrs.

Wanting to buy/looking for: single genuine STi rim, genuine STi front lip, Corazon or Zero/Sports grille and another OEM grille

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

#1377 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,246 posts

Posted 15 August 2021 - 11:04 AM

All the best with it Gaz. Hopefully your states case numbers reduce dramatically sooner rather than later!

Bennie
1BKrxb.jpg

#1378 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts

Posted 15 August 2021 - 11:19 AM

Had 415 cases today...

Pretty stagnant for the time being. So long as it doesn't get worse.

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

#1379 Guest_KONG_*

Guest_KONG_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 August 2021 - 04:42 AM

Do it!
It knocked my Mrs around a bit but I was fine. She had chills and fever for 2 days and all I got was a sore arm. The second dose was a little worse than the first.

#1380 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 16 August 2021 - 12:22 PM

Pfizer is the one you want. But yes, it will knock you around some, my superintendent just had his second one last week - it knocked him around something fierce. Nothing bad, but wrecked him for a day or 2. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users