#461 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Stereos, Electrical

Posted 18 July 2021 - 01:44 AM

Mmmm. Not great news, but what can you do I guess... Certainly waiting... I wanna know how this ends!

Cheers,
Ben

MY00 Red RX, a nice daily that was sold off once the B4 became reliable...
MY02 Blue B4, aka 'The Project' - v8 JDM STi engine package and assorted other 'goodies' - Sold, then bought back for parts. Stripped and crushed.
MY03 Blue RX, the newer old daily, pretty well more B4 than RX now... In the process of being converted to the track toy... Watch this space!
MY02 Silver Wagon, H6 conversion, full blue/black leather and almost full black interior to go with it.
MY03 White/Silver H6 Outback, donor car for silver waghoon.
MY97 Silver RX, acquired to become track car, but plans changed. To be stripped and scrapped in time.

#462 Barbbachello

Barbbachello

Touring Bruce

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,458 posts
  • Interests:Docking

Posted 18 July 2021 - 12:30 PM

How’s a chopped GTB going to help you? Don’t you already have all the good bits to make a turbo wagon??

I’m sure there’s method to your madness, just I don’t understand it but I’m keen to learn!

Hope you’re doing well knowing there are active cases in your community mate ;)

Cheers

Bennie

Have bits for a turbo gen 2 wagon yeah, not for a gen 3. Going full 2009 RS Liberty Club spec, AUDM local shit box and a halfcut and swapping it all over. 

Plan is to buy matching colour shell so i can use as many of the jap panels as i can so only need to worry about tidy rear quarters and roof paint for the local shell

tIeW8DE.png

#463 RX25SE

RX25SE

...............Car nerd................ now a H6 pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts
  • Interests:Cars with chrome bumpers!

Posted 18 July 2021 - 04:22 PM

Do you mean a 2009 Impreza made of halfcut bits plus the GenII wags bits?

I'm confused....  :blink:

If I told you I was a compulsive liar, would you believe me?

#464 Barbbachello

Barbbachello

Touring Bruce

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,458 posts

Posted 18 July 2021 - 05:44 PM

Nah nah. Doing it old school with a halfcut and swapping it all over. Hence 2009 RS Liberty Club forum spec. Backyard conversion etc

tIeW8DE.png

#465 RX25SE

RX25SE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts

Posted 18 July 2021 - 09:13 PM

Ahhh, right.

Cheers.

#466 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,246 posts
  • Interests:Subarus, 4wd'n Subarus, travelling Subarus, Tinkering... I could go on!

Posted 18 July 2021 - 11:40 PM

:fork: yeah! So game plan is to buy the half cut then find the same colour Gen3 body to swap all the bits into? Or buy gen3 then find same colour half cut?

So many options! :P

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
https://www.imageshack.us/i/po1BKrxbj
1BKrxb.jpg
El Freddo's Pics    -    El_Freddo's youtube

#467 Barbbachello

Barbbachello

Touring Bruce

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,458 posts

Posted 19 July 2021 - 10:02 AM

Ideally buy the halfcut first as thats going to be the most expensive part

tIeW8DE.png

#468 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 19 July 2021 - 10:48 AM

Are suby half cuts expensive these days Barbs? Last I was looking, admittedly a few years ago, they were sitting around the 3 to 4k mark. Pretty sure I paid about 5 for my engine package back in the day. If you're doing that, buy a spec C front cut if you can. That way you get all the fun stuff, and you're going to need a loom splice with whatever you go with anyway.

MY02 Blue B4, aka 'The Project' - v8 JDM STi engine package and assorted other 'goodies' - Sold, then bought back for parts. Stripped and crushed.
MY03 Blue RX, the newer old daily, pretty well more B4 than RX now... In the process of being converted to the track toy... Watch this space!
MY02 Silver Wagon, H6 conversion, full blue/black leather and almost full black interior to go with it.
MY97 Silver RX, acquired to become track car, but plans changed. To be stripped and scrapped in time.

#469 Barbbachello

Barbbachello

Touring Bruce

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,458 posts

Posted 19 July 2021 - 11:22 AM

Ive spoken to import monster and the rough quote if gotten is cost of the car in japan + 4k. Expensive yes but theyll take the time to strip everything properly instead of just cutting the car down the middle and cutting everything in the way. The most perfect candidate was up all last week but the auction ended with 0 bids and hasnt been relisted. Hopefully it didnt sell privately as its the only white, aero'd, top spec manual wagon for under 5k ive seen so far

Aiming for a manual D-E wagon. Tuneable ECU, top feeds, reasonably modern without the headaches of 20 year old AVCS.

Single conversion for sure but a straight loom swap so no dicking around with a loom splice

tIeW8DE.png

#470 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,246 posts
  • Interests:Subarus, 4wd'n Subarus, travelling Subarus, Tinkering... I could go on!

Posted 19 July 2021 - 03:20 PM

Fingers crossed it comes back online for you mate!

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
https://www.imageshack.us/i/po1BKrxbj
1BKrxb.jpg
El Freddo's Pics    -    El_Freddo's youtube

#471 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 19 July 2021 - 10:11 PM

Damn. If you can get the complete loom (and I mean complete, including door looms etc) it will make your job 1000 times easier! If you don't want the upmarket Mac stereo stuff, it'll save time and therefore money. Getting an 02/03 donor car here shouldn't be overly difficult. Just remember to make sure they grab ALL the fruit off the wreck, including alloy lower arms etc. It's amazing how much gets missed. ABS modules, anything electronic, get them to grab. You won't need the actual abs unit, but the brains on the side that the plug goes to you will need, as the auto and manuals had different units. Even the fuel pump loom is different, right up to the actual pump itself. The list is stupid long. PM me on Facey if you want dude, I've got a bit of a list I'm compiling for my conversion of the gen2 race car from the gen3.

#472 NQRSoobee

NQRSoobee

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 19 July 2021 - 10:47 PM

Dang Barbs,

So sad to read.

Good luck with the search.

#473 Barbbachello

Barbbachello

Touring Bruce

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,458 posts

Posted 20 July 2021 - 09:59 AM

Damn. If you can get the complete loom (and I mean complete, including door looms etc) it will make your job 1000 times easier! If you don't want the upmarket Mac stereo stuff, it'll save time and therefore money. Getting an 02/03 donor car here shouldn't be overly difficult. Just remember to make sure they grab ALL the fruit off the wreck, including alloy lower arms etc. It's amazing how much gets missed. ABS modules, anything electronic, get them to grab. You won't need the actual abs unit, but the brains on the side that the plug goes to you will need, as the auto and manuals had different units. Even the fuel pump loom is different, right up to the actual pump itself. The list is stupid long. PM me on Facey if you want dude, I've got a bit of a list I'm compiling for my conversion of the gen2 race car from the gen3.

Ill be getting the entire car. Everything, just not the rear sheet metal. Hence why i want a colour matching car so i can use the jap doors and tailgate etc. The only thing Australian delivered will be the body shell, cargo glass and windscreen if all goes to plan

tIeW8DE.png

#474 RX25SE

RX25SE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts

Posted 20 July 2021 - 12:56 PM

Ill be getting the entire car. Everything, just not the rear sheet metal. 

Sounds more like a 3/4 cut than a 1/2 cut!

Are you able to choose where it gets cut while still in Japan?

#475 Barbbachello

Barbbachello

Touring Bruce

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,458 posts

Posted 20 July 2021 - 02:23 PM

Sounds more like a 3/4 cut than a 1/2 cut!

Are you able to choose where it gets cut while still in Japan?

Gets cut at the Import Monster HQ i would assume

tIeW8DE.png

#476 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 20 July 2021 - 02:24 PM

Rodgie, is this a we cut it in half so it can't be used as a car when it gets over and you get both halves? I've heard of this in the past. Make sure the guys don't cut the rubber seals if possible, the rear window seals on the body tend to perish over here, so try and get them to salvage them if they're any good.

#477 Barbbachello

Barbbachello

Touring Bruce

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,458 posts

Posted 20 July 2021 - 03:04 PM

Rodgie, is this a we cut it in half so it can't be used as a car when it gets over and you get both halves? 

Correct

tIeW8DE.png

#478 duncanm

duncanm

wha' who ?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 20 July 2021 - 05:20 PM

Gen3?

Somebody say "outback shell" ?!

You know you want to.

#479 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 20 July 2021 - 05:22 PM

Only downside about new car being early 00's is you can't use the shiny new plates in theory.

#480 Barbbachello

Barbbachello

Touring Bruce

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,458 posts

Posted 20 July 2021 - 05:29 PM

Gen3?

Somebody say "outback shell" ?!

You know you want to.

:negative: only acceptable outback shell is an all white H6 one, but im not a big fan of the outback front bar and you cant swap to a non OB bar without plastic welding on the flares

Only downside about new car being early 00's is you can't use the shiny new plates in theory.

meh, gen 3 was still designed in the 90s lel

tIeW8DE.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users