←  Builds and Projects

Suby Club

»

Fatcat's Track Hack

boost's Photo boost 08 Sep 2008

??????????

cough*rays*cough..

fatcat67's Photo fatcat67 08 Sep 2008

Ahhhhh, I haven't tried as of yet. Waiting for Gold brakes to do so.

Claydog's Photo Claydog 20 Sep 2008

Have you put this on a set of scales yet Frank?? Or have a rough weight.

Guest_SubaruJunkie_* 20 Sep 2008

nice franky

fatcat67's Photo fatcat67 20 Sep 2008

I was going to take it down to the dump. Hahah they have weigh bridges you know, but only once its almost done. I was hoping for around 1100kgs. Thanks jovi.

I was going to take it down to the dump. Hahah they have weigh bridges you know, but only once its almost done. I was hoping for around 1100kgs.
Thanks jovi.

Yep we have one to"scales that is".
What sort of power,200 kw ATW??

fatcat67's Photo fatcat67 20 Sep 2008

Yep we have one to"scales that is".
What sort of power,200 kw ATW??

Nah, maybe 160ATW. It's only a Gen2 GT engine so I cant push the tune too hard. Al thought it might see 180ATW.
I do have a closed deck block I want to start working on soon however, with an increase in capacity.

Nah, maybe 160ATW. It's only a Gen2 GT engine so I cant push the tune too hard. Al thought it might see 180ATW.
I do have a closed deck block I want to start working on soon however, with an increase in capacity.

I'll pm!!

Soop's Photo Soop 20 Sep 2008

What sort of block is it Frank? I'm going to use a OD EJ22. Because I have it, so why not.

L1BER8ED's Photo L1BER8ED 21 Sep 2008

lookin good buddy.. didnt seem that long ago that poop was making attempts to directs us around the outskirts of ballina... ha ha ha cant wait to see it on the track mate, going to be impressive

Soop's Photo Soop 21 Sep 2008

Outskirts of Lismore. I've only ever been out that way twice :D

Guest_SubaruJunkie_* 21 Sep 2008

franky i want a go of that lol. i recon it be a fun car around the track to wrestle it around

buddylove's Photo buddylove 22 Sep 2008

I have you wheel spacers franky in my car, will drop it off today after work mmk?

fatcat67's Photo fatcat67 22 Sep 2008

Cheers Big Ears!!!!

fatcat67's Photo fatcat67 25 Sep 2008

I thought I'd post up some pictures of the quality of the Brembo's that I recieved from Import Monster.
They have only probably been used from the factory to the holding yard then to the dealer at which point they were removed. Brand f**king new.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
I love the Import Monster.
The Brembo's are lighter than the 4 pot WRX callipers as well, which I couldn't believe until I weighed them.
4 pots with 10% pad remaining weighed 5.4kg. The Goldy's weighed 4.95kg with 100% new pads.

Mav's Photo Mav 25 Sep 2008

oh wow nice stuff man.... give to me?

oh wow nice stuff man.... give to me?

NO! ;)

Soop's Photo Soop 25 Sep 2008

Farking score Frank! With the Brembo's, is the pad surface larger? Are the pistons larger? In regard to the 4pots.

Mav's Photo Mav 25 Sep 2008

awww franky... such hostility :(

Farking score Frank!

With the Brembo's, is the pad surface larger?
Are the pistons larger?

In regard to the 4pots.

Yep, I put the 4 pot and Brembo pads together and there is quite a difference although not huge. I'll post up some comparison pics later.
Pistons are a little larger. The exact dimensions are in that Brakes thread, in that x-cell file I provided.
However the 2 pot rears have larger pistons than the Brembo rears.
What I can't get over is the fact the Brembo's are actually physically lighter.
Dog bones need a small mod to fit over the rear callipers. I was aware of this as this issue has been discussed on a few forums so it's not a big deal. They are alloy so it will be easy to file a little away.