• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,741 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 09:38 PM

Hmm probs should get tints first.
But tyres before that.
Need a new HU too.
GAHHH!

Don't forget a rear spoiler and Limited-spec interior trim. I've got a million other ways of breaking your bank account modding our Outbacks, I'll tell you tomorrow...

liftbacktestCustom3_zps39c01efc.jpg

#63 Morgan

Morgan

...jus waitin' 4 a m8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,485 posts
  • Interests:Taking a poo

Posted 04 January 2011 - 09:47 PM

Haha Ill need a second job

IM47Gcv.jpg

#64 skillionaire

skillionaire

Mr. Freshley

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 10:28 PM

Posted Image

#65 Morgan

Morgan

...jus waitin' 4 a m8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,485 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 05:23 AM

I like that gif

IM47Gcv.jpg

#66 Delete This Account

Delete This Account

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,635 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 03:13 PM

That's a gif.

S-un-doube-oh-pee.

#67 Shiv

Shiv

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,741 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 04:12 PM

Hi everyone, time for a bit of an update:

1. Rear roof spoiler fitted:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

This was essential to prevent the Outhouse from taking flight.

2. Addition of foot-well lighting:

Posted Image
Posted Image

Thanks to Chris for the idea. For those of you who are interested - I hard wired a thin LED strip to the dome light. Easy enough. Hard part was threading the wire from the dome light to the floor. I managed to lose it in the sunroof, but once recovered it was just a case of getting it behind the dash and over to the passenger side.

Its a cool white light. Comes on whenever I unlock the car, turn off the engine or obviously whenever the doors are open. Neat little mod this...

3. Two Fusion subwoofers. One under the drivers seat, one under the passengers...

Posted Image
Posted Image

I believe they're rated @ 600 watts each. So not massive punch, but it suits my needs. I like to hear my music rather than feel it :P

On another note - I did end up sending my car to Subaru for the first time. Service was the best I've experienced so far. The car turns over much more easily, it idles lower and the mechanics seemed to know their stuff. I watched the entire service from the lounge and it all seemed fairly thorough and anal. Good to see your dollars go somewhere...

Its not all roses though. I need two new control arms, which I'll aim to get done in the next month or so. But the big ticket item is a new steering angle sensor. Now they've quoted me at $1030 (obviously I'll source from elsewhere). Can anyone tell me a bit more about it? I thought I knew all the sensors but this one is new to me. Will my car s**t itself if I don't replace it? Obviously I'd like to avoid replacing that as long as possible but I don't want to screw my car up by putting it off. They tell me that when the VDC light starts flashing, its time to replace it and they don't know how long it'll be until that happens...

#68 Morgan

Morgan

...jus waitin' 4 a m8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,485 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 04:20 PM

Nice update! Did you have to get the spoiler painted or did it come blue?
IM?

Damn the footwell lighting! I tried to do this but screwed up something in my dome light and now it doesn't turn on unless I switch it to 'on' and the inginition ring-light is on 24/7.... No idea what to do!

IM47Gcv.jpg

#69 Shiv

Shiv

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,741 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 04:25 PM

Nice update! Did you have to get the spoiler painted or did it come blue?
IM?

Damn the footwell lighting! I tried to do this but screwed up something in my dome light and now it doesn't turn on unless I switch it to 'on' and the inginition ring-light is on 24/7.... No idea what to do!

Bummer about the footwell lights :( Always hard to undo stuff, aye...

Spoiler came from NZ bru. Got it painted & fitted on Wednesday morning before work.

I could've gotten the JDM GT-B spoiler with the integrated brake light for the same price but I preferred this AUDM spec spoiler because its more subtle.

#70 AussieTemplar

AussieTemplar

BMW driver on a Subaru forum

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,586 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 05:56 PM

Now all thats needed to do is be lowered. :walts:

EHUf263.jpg?3

Get out of my thread.

#71 Scott

Scott

Formerly LiBeRtY Gx AwD

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,498 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 07:06 PM

nice work mate

how do the subs sound,any different to a decent set of front speakers?

#72 aekOne

aekOne

Boss Pelican

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,349 posts
  • Interests:Regulating

Posted 11 March 2011 - 09:12 PM

how sporty :)

: My Liberty :

signature_1_35.jpg

#73 RX25SE

RX25SE

...............Car nerd................ now a H6 pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts
  • Interests:Cars with chrome bumpers!

Posted 11 March 2011 - 10:05 PM

But the big ticket item is a new steering angle sensor. Now they've quoted me at $1030 (obviously I'll source from elsewhere). Can anyone tell me a bit more about it?

Do you have stability control (ESP) or speed sensitive steering?

The steering angle sensor is usually mounted on the steering shaft between the steering wheel and the rack and is used to pick up what direction the wheel is being turned as well a rate of turning. It can also be used to inform control units thee amount of 'off centre' the wheel has so it knows where the front wheels are pointing.

ESP uses this sensor as well as the yaw sensor (mounted in the center of the car and informs the control units of the actual direction of travel regardless of where the wheels are pointing) to calculate if the car is in a slide and the corrective action being taken by the nutbag behind the wheel. This info is used by the anti-fun computer to apply individual brakes, using the four channel ABS, to control the slide.

Is it doing anything weird Shiv? Or did the ECU just throw up a code?

If I told you I was a compulsive liar, would you believe me?

#74 Shiv

Shiv

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,741 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 09:43 AM

Do you have stability control (ESP) or speed sensitive steering?

The steering angle sensor is usually mounted on the steering shaft between the steering wheel and the rack and is used to pick up what direction the wheel is being turned as well a rate of turning. It can also be used to inform control units thee amount of 'off centre' the wheel has so it knows where the front wheels are pointing.

ESP uses this sensor as well as the yaw sensor (mounted in the center of the car and informs the control units of the actual direction of travel regardless of where the wheels are pointing) to calculate if the car is in a slide and the corrective action being taken by the nutbag behind the wheel. This info is used by the anti-fun computer to apply individual brakes, using the four channel ABS, to control the slide.

Is it doing anything weird Shiv? Or did the ECU just throw up a code?

Hey Jase,

Yes the H6 has got both VDC (AKA; yaw control) and speed sensitive steering. Both systems are working as they should.

I had no idea anything was wrong with it (no CEL), hence I wanted to know a bit more about it before running out and spending some coin on a replacement sensor.

Thanks for the info. Geez these cars have a lot of sensors! I'll monitor the situation. Apparently if the system fails, the VDC light will start flashing so I'll wait until then before doing anything. So darn expensive!

nice work mate

how do the subs sound,any different to a decent set of front speakers?

I think very different to a good set of front speakers. Bit more of a 'thump' in comparison.

In my Liberty, I had a really good set of front speakers before I added a sub. But honestly, the front speakers didn't add that much in the way of base. Put simply - there isn't much of a replacement for a sub (small or big).

I got these superslim subs because I didn't want to run a sub in the cargo area as I regularly use that space for transporting stuff. So these are as good as they get for me. Not a replacement for a proper 12" sub, but still good enough!

#75 RX25SE

RX25SE

...............Car nerd................ now a H6 pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts
  • Interests:Cars with chrome bumpers!

Posted 12 March 2011 - 09:58 AM

I had no idea anything was wrong with it (no CEL), hence I wanted to know a bit more about it before running out and spending some coin on a replacement sensor.

Thanks for the info. Geez these cars have a lot of sensors! I'll monitor the situation. Apparently if the system fails, the VDC light will start flashing so I'll wait until then before doing anything. So darn expensive!

It may have thrown a code for some reason.

Not all codes display a CEL.

Yeah, if the VDC lamp comes on when driving (it should come on with ignition then go out-globe test) get it looked at.

Did they clear the code?
They probably should have to see if it reappears.

If I told you I was a compulsive liar, would you believe me?

#76 Shiv

Shiv

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,741 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 10:06 AM

It may have thrown a code for some reason.

Not all codes display a CEL.

Yeah, if the VDC lamp comes on when driving (it should come on with ignition then go out-globe test) get it looked at.

Did they clear the code?
They probably should have to see if it reappears.

Yup, they cleared the code, did a test drive and it still came up so something must be amiss.

Will have to keep an eye on it ~ thanks for the insight :)

#77 Shiv

Shiv

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,741 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 09:52 AM

I FINALLY got around to buying a Varex muffler for my H6. Purely for sound.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4q-xaIEFSMw

I've always said that the stock H6 has a nice note to it from about 4000RPM onwards. For me it was just a case of unlocking that song a bit, and the Varex suited my needs for its ability to switch between quiet and loud on request.

Posted Image
Posted Image

All in all, very satisfied with the Varex. Very much recommended!

#78 Morgan

Morgan

...jus waitin' 4 a m8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,485 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 10:06 AM

Looks awesome man! Will have to check the clip out when I get home though.

How's the auto with the noise? Any drone?

Diff back or cat back?

IM47Gcv.jpg

#79 Shiv

Shiv

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,741 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 11:05 AM

Looks awesome man! Will have to check the clip out when I get home though.

How's the auto with the noise? Any drone?

Diff back or cat back?

Its just the diff back like yours. Original plan was to get a cat back but there was little point in that for me.

No drone to report! Maybe just a little down-low but its too early to say...

When cruising on a motorway or freeway, I'd have it off anyway. Its only open for those times when I know I'll be giving it a bit of throttle ;)

#80 Matt R.

Matt R.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts
  • Interests:Subaru, Off Roading, Computers, Planes, Mechanics, Drums, Acting...

Posted 07 April 2011 - 11:34 AM

Man lovely car!!! Love how tidy it is too! Wish I had a sunroof, I was going to get a two tone silver/graphite with sunroof but it was too expensive... but I still love my outback!

That foot well light sounds a good idea! I hope you don't lower it (only as I see some suggest it)

Why new control arms? Did you bend em on some hard off roading?
Proud Subaru Driver of 5 Years

2008 Subaru Legacy 3.0 Spec S/W - Sunroof, leather, SI Drive, Xenons, 18' GTB Alloys, Quartz Grey
2000 Subaru Lancaster6 3.0 S/W - Beige Suede Interior, HID Headlamps, Pearl White
1993 Subaru Impreza S-Edition S/W - 5-Speed Manual, Blue, 1.8L EJ18 - Sold April '13
2001 Subaru Lancaster6 3.0 S/W - Sold May '12
1999 Subaru Legacy B4 2.0 - Sold Jan '11

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users