• Please log in to reply
547 replies to this topic

#81 SAV84C

SAV84C

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,480 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 09:27 AM

I'll grab some pics next time i'm up at the shop mate. I think it will actually fit, but because my car has some kind of homemade shithouse exhaust on it, where the exhaust comes down, it fouls on the WRX Xmember, but doesn't on my current one.

I'm gunna give you a call sometime today to discuss wiring. You don't by any chance have any spare looms laying around do you? :ph34r:
It's proving rather difficult to find an unbutchered one, and i really don't want my car off the road for so long while i rip everything apart.

Cheers,
Shazza

Try this dude

http://cgi.ebay.com....=item230cf0f8b5

#82 Shaz

Shaz

Differential Studios

• SC Videographer
  • 23,188 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 10:08 AM

Try this dude

http://cgi.ebay.com....=item230cf0f8b5

Yeah, i've sent him a few messages on eBay, and tried to give him a call. No answer back yet.

Cheers,
Shazza

I put up with people from amnesty, red cross and now the cancer council almost daily hounding me!! Throw in the greens, green peace, unhcr, save the forking children and I've well and truly hit my limit for the number of fuckstains wanting me to sign something or give money. Seriously cubts,  :fork: right off.

#83 SAV84C

SAV84C

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,480 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 10:58 AM

Yeah, i've sent him a few messages on eBay, and tried to give him a call. No answer back yet.

Cheers,
Shazza

Thats unusal as I emailed him about the bonnet and he virtually responded straight away

#84 Shaz

Shaz

Differential Studios

• SC Videographer
  • 23,188 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 11:15 AM

Thats unusal as I emailed him about the bonnet and he virtually responded straight away

Yeah, i emailed him about the front bar about a month back and he got back to me pretty fast. Maybe he's at work or something.

Cheers,
Shazza

I put up with people from amnesty, red cross and now the cancer council almost daily hounding me!! Throw in the greens, green peace, unhcr, save the forking children and I've well and truly hit my limit for the number of fuckstains wanting me to sign something or give money. Seriously cubts,  :fork: right off.

#85 jzk25

jzk25

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 01:03 PM

I'm on holidays at the moment so you won't get me at the shop.
I can get you a harness to chop up, they are usually around $200.

I see what the problem is with your exhaust now, the custom bits have not been made to clear the front half of the manual X member.

#86 Shaz

Shaz

Differential Studios

• SC Videographer
  • 23,188 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 01:13 PM

I'm on holidays at the moment so you won't get me at the shop.
I can get you a harness to chop up, they are usually around $200.

I see what the problem is with your exhaust now, the custom bits have not been made to clear the front half of the manual X member.

Hey mate,

If you can get the Lib harness, i'm more then happy to express post the STi one upto you for some mating.
Yeah, the exhaust thats on it now fouls on the manual xmember, but not the auto one.

I'll shoot you a Pm now.

Cheers mate,
Shazza

#87 Shaz

Shaz

Differential Studios

• SC Videographer
  • 23,188 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 01:12 PM

Update tiiime.

Sent the Looms off to Al today. Auspost reckons it may be a while to get there because of all the water, so fingers crossed.

Aek has lined me up a 3" dump pipe for the STi engine, but my next question goes to all that have had experience modding turbo engines.

If i use the 3" dump pipe, then a 3" high flow cat, which then reduces down to a 2.5" exhaust, is this going to be sufficient? I don't really want a 3" exhaust the whole way, as i don't particulary want it loud, and i can use my old system, with a new rear muffler saving me some cashish.

What do you guys think?

Cheers,
Shazza

#88 Alex

Alex

NO AIDS

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,230 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 03:21 PM

It'll be fine.

#89 Shaz

Shaz

Differential Studios

• SC Videographer
  • 23,188 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 03:38 PM

It'll be fine.

Wicked,

Cheers,
Shazza

#90 alexGT

alexGT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 08:56 PM

Update tiiime.

Sent the Looms off to Al today. Auspost reckons it may be a while to get there because of all the water, so fingers crossed.

Aek has lined me up a 3" dump pipe for the STi engine, but my next question goes to all that have had experience modding turbo engines.

If i use the 3" dump pipe, then a 3" high flow cat, which then reduces down to a 2.5" exhaust, is this going to be sufficient? I don't really want a 3" exhaust the whole way, as i don't particulary want it loud, and i can use my old system, with a new rear muffler saving me some cashish.

What do you guys think?

Cheers,
Shazza

3" dump -- > 3" catback -- > 2.5" diffback has proven torque improvements on 2.0 litre turbo models. this is provided you have a decent flowing 2.5" muffler

MY07 GT spec B

#91 Shaz

Shaz

Differential Studios

• SC Videographer
  • 23,188 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 08:35 AM

3" dump -- > 3" catback -- > 2.5" diffback has proven torque improvements on 2.0 litre turbo models. this is provided you have a decent flowing 2.5" muffler

Any suggestions around a decent flowing muffler?

#92 Shaz

Shaz

Differential Studios

• SC Videographer
  • 23,188 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 05:40 PM

Also, what sorta power would I be looking at post conversion atw? Stock V3 STi engine, with CAI and 3" dump?

Cheers,
Shazza

#93 alexGT

alexGT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 07:15 PM

Also, what sorta power would I be looking at post conversion atw? Stock V3 STi engine, with CAI and 3" dump?

Cheers,
Shazza

150 atw give or take. stock boost control i assume? mid will be restrictive if you go straight to 2.5

decent exhaust?

turbo xs, hypertec, tcp auto, hitech.

MY07 GT spec B

#94 Shaz

Shaz

Differential Studios

• SC Videographer
  • 23,188 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 08:30 PM

150 atw give or take. stock boost control i assume? mid will be restrictive if you go straight to 2.5

decent exhaust?

turbo xs, hypertec, tcp auto, hitech.

X-Force 3" dump, 3" high flow cat, then 2.5 the rest of the way with a rear muffler.
Stock boost.

#95 Shaz

Shaz

Differential Studios

• SC Videographer
  • 23,188 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 08:29 PM

So a few quick pics while i wait for the harness. I pulled the factory guard STi badge off, and decided to see what they looked like on my car.

Whadyas think?

Attached File  IMG_0294.JPG   30.89KB   8 downloads

And i tried to straighten some of the fins on the intercooler.

BEFORE:
Attached File  IMG_0297.JPG   84.13KB   5 downloads

AFTER:
Attached File  IMG_0298.JPG   92.38KB   3 downloads

Cheers,
Shazza

#96 Shaz

Shaz

Differential Studios

• SC Videographer
  • 23,188 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 10:15 AM

What do you guys reckon of this. He seems to think it doesn't fit a gen 3 wagon, but apparently its just the brackets that are wrong?

http://cgi.ebay.com....e=STRK:MEWAX:IT

In other news, have new timing belt, water pump, oil seals, cam seals and most other gaskets which would be stupidly difficult to change once they were in the car ready to go. Will be installing on Saturday, pics to come.

Cheers,
Shazza

#97 Alex

Alex

NO AIDS

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,230 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 10:31 AM

No cannon.

Trust me.

Go a normal muff.

xforce mp02

Posted Image

thank me later.

#98 aekOne

aekOne

Boss Pelican

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,349 posts
  • Interests:Regulating

Posted 28 January 2011 - 11:54 AM

No cannon.

Trust me.

Go a normal muff.

xforce mp02

Posted Image

thank me later.

+1

There's not much about that exhaust that'll be worth getting for you imo. Centre pipe has no cat or resonator and the mufflers a cannon. there's also some modification to get it hang and i also think you'll need to add an inch or so of length to the centre pipe. Oval sports muffler ftw i reckon!

: My Liberty :

signature_1_35.jpg

#99 Shaz

Shaz

Differential Studios

• SC Videographer
  • 23,188 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 12:01 PM

Oh, make no mistake, the cannon will be getting turfed off North Head. I will never defiscate my car with a cannon.

Looking at Muff options, perhaps a Varex? They seem to be highly rated. But yeah, will be oval shaped design for sure. I just figured $100 wasnt bad for a 3" pipe i can use to cut up, weld in a "cat" and use that, but upon further though, i think i might just decide to use the 2.5" existing exhaust post cat convertor, with a new rear muff.

Cheers,
Shazza

#100 aekOne

aekOne

Boss Pelican

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,349 posts
  • Interests:Regulating

Posted 28 January 2011 - 12:06 PM

i used to have a hitech oval sports muffler that sounded pretty good. most people i know who had varex mufflers dont have them anymore?

this is a guide, please don't take them to literally ;)

http://www.subyclub....hread-turbo-na/

: My Liberty :

signature_1_35.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users