#201 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,129 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Stereos, Electrical

Posted 29 July 2017 - 06:19 AM

Well. This old girl will be back in my hands in approx. 1 month. To say I'm excited is an understatement. It's my one major regret, selling this thing. So glad Josh gave me a call.

This will be parted out once I get her back to Ararat, once I have removed all parts I want for the track car.

MY00 Red RX, a nice daily that was sold off once the B4 became reliable...
MY02 Blue B4, aka 'The Project' - v8 JDM STi engine package and assorted other 'goodies' - Sold, then bought back for parts. Stripped and crushed.
MY03 Blue RX, the newer old daily, pretty well more B4 than RX now... In the process of being converted to the track toy... Watch this space!
MY02 Silver Wagon, H6 conversion, full blue/black leather and almost full black interior to go with it.
MY03 White/Silver H6 Outback, donor car for silver waghoon.
MY97 Silver RX, acquired to become track car, but plans changed. To be stripped and scrapped in time.

#202 Beckers

Beckers

OMAR Cubt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,057 posts
  • Interests:Docking and eating dry meat, Living lyf in the TT VOD

Posted 30 July 2017 - 05:40 PM

Did someone say partout  ??

#203 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 03:19 PM

Yes. Yes I did. Most of the mechanicals will be taken by the track car, including the harness and dash cluster. However anything that's gen 3 specific will be sold on to help recoup some of the costs of buying her back.

Missus thinks I'm crazy for driving a car I paid 2k for and then spending a bit over 3 times that on a car that I'm going to strip. She just can't comprehend it. But that's us car folk. We're all a little crazy.

For sale posts will go up once I get parts off the car.

Cheers,
Ben

MY02 Blue B4, aka 'The Project' - v8 JDM STi engine package and assorted other 'goodies' - Sold, then bought back for parts. Stripped and crushed.
MY03 Blue RX, the newer old daily, pretty well more B4 than RX now... In the process of being converted to the track toy... Watch this space!
MY02 Silver Wagon, H6 conversion, full blue/black leather and almost full black interior to go with it.
MY97 Silver RX, acquired to become track car, but plans changed. To be stripped and scrapped in time.

#204 Barbbachello

Barbbachello

Touring Bruce

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,449 posts
  • Interests:Docking

Posted 31 July 2017 - 03:23 PM

Spec C twin scroll gen 2 makes me moist

tIeW8DE.png

#205 AB501UT!0N

AB501UT!0N

Blitzen...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Fish and IT!

Posted 06 August 2017 - 12:58 AM

Alright alright alright... stalking For Sale Section in 3 2 1...

BTW I'm glad to hear you got the old girl back!

#206 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 05:08 AM

Ok, done up a bit of a list of parts that will be sold and ones that will be kept for the track car. I haven't done pricing up yet, so you'll have to wait for the actual sale posts to go up for that sort of info. But here's a bit of a preview of what will be up for grabs.

Legacy tail lights with garnish
Front strut brace (from an S401, genuine STi item)
Rear strut brace (Cusco)
Brushed black aluminium manual dash surrounds. Looks damn awesome!
Red hazard button
STi aluminium sill panels
Bilstien struts with STi pink springs, suit sedan
Factory HID headlights with working self-levelling loom (will not separate, unless there is a buyer for both items)
Macintosh Audio system, with 6 stacker, Works a treat.
Gen 3 rear wing suit sedan, in black gel coat I believe. Needs paint.
B4 blue/black leather interior, unsure about the momo wheel yet. It might end up in the track car.
Towbar suit gen 3 sedan, unsure if this will fit a wagon. With factory loom and flat trailer connection
S401 front sway bar. 19mm, with mounts and bushes. Huge improvement over the stock one.
Fog lights
Mirrors
B4 bonnet, minus scoop. Aluminium item.
Anything panel related. Boot, doors, etc
Front bar is munted. Don't bother asking unless you are skilled with fibreglass repairs.

Most of these will be pick up from Ararat or buyer pays postage. If you need a small part, like a switch mechanism or window motor or something, let me know. Cos once I've finished pulling parts, the shell is going to be taken to the scrap merchants. I don't have the room to house the shell any longer than I absolutely need to.

Picking this up from Josh in 7 or 8 days time.
Cannot wait is an understatement.

Cheers,
Ben

#207 Barbbachello

Barbbachello

Touring Bruce

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,449 posts
  • Interests:Docking

Posted 11 August 2017 - 09:51 AM

V8 Spec C engine $50

Ill take it :P

tIeW8DE.png

#208 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 03:39 PM

Hahaha. Nice try there Nick!!!

#209 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 02:03 PM

And she's mine again! Parked up and awaiting me to get back from work to start working on stripping it...

Cheers,
Ben

#210 cowie165

cowie165

Garage 改善

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 08:15 PM

Did she have a hard life in the interim? :-(

"Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure."

BH9 02-05 / BD9 07-14 / BE5 14-> / GGA 18->

2001 Legacy B4-RSK / 1999 ZX-9R C2

#211 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 10:07 AM

Not sure. I'd be guessing by the oils in the boot that its been maintained well, but I can't remember how many km I sold it at, I think somewhere round the 200k mark, and it now has 249k. So it's certainly been used. I haven't really taken it for a real drive yet, so I'll guess I'll find out more in a couple of weeks.

Bonnet doesn't shut properly because of the munted crash bar, but I'll take it all off and then give her a run.

#212 ChrisLovell

ChrisLovell

Southwest Mexican

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts
  • Interests:Motorsports and flying

Posted 25 August 2017 - 09:06 PM

Not sure. I'd be guessing by the oils in the boot that its been maintained well, but I can't remember how many km I sold it at, I think somewhere round the 200k mark, and it now has 249k. So it's certainly been used. I haven't really taken it for a real drive yet, so I'll guess I'll find out more in a couple of weeks.

Bonnet doesn't shut properly because of the munted crash bar, but I'll take it all off and then give her a run.

I've got a good road we can really stretch her legs on ;)

outback Rs edit

Threads: Chris' MY01 Outback

Chris' MY93 RS Turbo

#213 terencehng

terencehng

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 10:25 PM

any pics of the bumper? poor thing

#214 cowie165

cowie165

Garage 改善

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 06:36 PM

It was in a prang? That's a shame. No doubt nice to have her back though!

"Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure."

BH9 02-05 / BD9 07-14 / BE5 14-> / GGA 18->

2001 Legacy B4-RSK / 1999 ZX-9R C2

#215 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 28 August 2017 - 07:13 AM

There was an incident with a towbar. Has been punched through the fibreglass just below and toward the centre of the drivers side headlight. Has pushed the crash bar almost into the condenser, which correspondingly punched the outer edge of the crash bar out through the bar. The movement has then cracked the lower part of the air dam as well. I'll post up some pics once I start pulling it all to bits. There's chunks of fibreglass missing. And I wouldn't think you'd get the lines right without a mould.

Cheers,
Ben

#216 Josh 95LIB

Josh 95LIB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 02:39 PM

I think somewhere round the 200k mark, and it now has 249k

I picked her up at 230k, that said, I didn't think it was up to 250k.

#217 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 06:57 PM

Ah no dramas Josh. There ya go, I was looking through my old posts trying to find it, but couldn't. Glad it's back to me, that's for sure. Home in another 5 or 6 days. So work will start then.
If anyone needs any air-con bits from a gen 3, let me know. As a track car, none of that stuff will be required.

#218 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 01:04 AM

Ok. Finally got to spend a minute or 2 on this old girl. Front bar has been removed to get it into the shed, as well as the towbar tongue. Probably not as bad as I thought it would be. Still got structure to it, but needs lots of repairing before it would be worthy of being installed on a car. Oil cooler has been bent as a result of the incident as well, so I'll source another of those for the track car. I don't want to take the risk with this one.

I'll post up some pics once I get off this phone.

Gonna need to get the grinder out to remove the crash bar. Can't physically get the bolts on the drivers side to unbolt it.
Grille has been removed as well. If anyone wants a honeycomb rev D/E grille with pink stars badge, let me know.

Cheers,
Ben

#219 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 31 March 2019 - 02:07 PM

Well, its been ages, but this thread is yet to be put to bed. The car was stripped of all things that I thought may sell or otherwise be useful. Net result was a shell with nothing left. Ill post some pics of it later once I've uploaded some.

The shell has also been taken to the scrap merchant. There is nothing left.

Cheers,
Ben

#220 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 24 April 2019 - 08:44 PM

Ok, I've finally had everything sorted in court, so its time to update this thread and basically officially say good bye to this old girl.

Basically, the ex got keen enough to look at these forums and suddenly wanted this car put into the asset pool for the split, despite buying it back after the split. First I heard of it was an email from my lawyers saying that she was demanding time-stamped photos the next day of this car stripped as I'd indicated to my lawyers that it was.

These are the exact photos that got sent to her the following business day.

gallery_273_53_277584.jpg

gallery_273_53_189211.jpg

gallery_273_53_99428.jpg

Suffice to say she was rather pissed off that she couldn't contend the estimated scrap value of $100 that I'd put on it.

Turns out I didn't even get that for it, but I had gotten all the fruit off it prior to it leaving my possession.

But yes, this is the closing of this chapter, with other threads to be updated as things happen.

Cheers,

Ben

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users