#161 Barbbachello

Barbbachello

Touring Bruce

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,458 posts
  • Interests:Docking

Posted 18 September 2015 - 11:09 AM

Well, question for all the Mexicans - how easy is it to transfer rego over from interstate to Victoria? I'll be needing to do this in a couple of months. Hoping the engine change doesn't raise any eyebrows... I've changed all the respective numbers over with motor reg, but should I expect issues?

Need a roadworthy and that's it I believe. Vicroads has all the info of what you need and when on their website. Engine shouldn't be too much of an issue as its still 2L etc

tIeW8DE.png

#162 CRUISN

CRUISN

Doin it my way.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,970 posts
  • Interests:Family, Surfing, Cars.

Posted 18 September 2015 - 05:32 PM

No issues.

As its your own car your bringing from interstate, no need to change rego to Vic until its due for renewal.

Then its just a matter of a rwc.

OEM+

#163 Clown

Clown

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 11:54 PM

as soon as car gets pulled over they'll tell him to change rego. Depending where he gets rwc they may make him get engineers cert depending on mods done.

No issues.

As its your own car your bringing from interstate, no need to change rego to Vic until its due for renewal.

Then its just a matter of a rwc.

#164 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Stereos, Electrical

Posted 20 September 2015 - 12:56 PM

I'm thinking the engine change will probably be picked up through the rwc yes?

MY00 Red RX, a nice daily that was sold off once the B4 became reliable...
MY02 Blue B4, aka 'The Project' - v8 JDM STi engine package and assorted other 'goodies' - Sold, then bought back for parts. Stripped and crushed.
MY03 Blue RX, the newer old daily, pretty well more B4 than RX now... In the process of being converted to the track toy... Watch this space!
MY02 Silver Wagon, H6 conversion, full blue/black leather and almost full black interior to go with it.
MY03 White/Silver H6 Outback, donor car for silver waghoon.
MY97 Silver RX, acquired to become track car, but plans changed. To be stripped and scrapped in time.

#165 Barbbachello

Barbbachello

Touring Bruce

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,458 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 02:09 PM

I'm thinking the engine change will probably be picked up through the rwc yes?

Possibly. It's still an EJ so I dont see it mattering. Vicroads won't care as long as the numbers are legit etc

tIeW8DE.png

#166 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 03:11 PM

That's good news. See how things go. If I have major issues, it might just be deregistered and converted to race car spec sooner than anticipated. Registering won't be possible once the cage goes in, so that will be the last part.

MY02 Blue B4, aka 'The Project' - v8 JDM STi engine package and assorted other 'goodies' - Sold, then bought back for parts. Stripped and crushed.
MY03 Blue RX, the newer old daily, pretty well more B4 than RX now... In the process of being converted to the track toy... Watch this space!
MY02 Silver Wagon, H6 conversion, full blue/black leather and almost full black interior to go with it.
MY97 Silver RX, acquired to become track car, but plans changed. To be stripped and scrapped in time.

#167 CRUISN

CRUISN

Doin it my way.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,970 posts
  • Interests:Family, Surfing, Cars.

Posted 20 September 2015 - 04:12 PM

Im assuming its registered with the current engine number in your current state?

If so, Vic roads dont care, will be a straight rego swap. They dont care if its a 2.5 or a 2.0 as Gen3's came with both capacities.

My Gen2 GT was TT converted to single. Engine swapped before I bought it in QLD so new engine number. Got a RWC in Vic, drive in drive out check at Vicroads.

When the 2.0 died and I fitted the 2.5 it was a straight engine number swap on the rego, 10 mins at Vicroads, as the Gen2 came with a 2.5L. Vic roads dont care if it is turbo or not.

Long story short, you'll be fine.

As for rego change...... I was wrong. You get 3 months to change it over. Below from Vicroads site....

"You must convert your interstate or New Zealand licence and/or learner permit once you have resided in Victoria for a continuous period of 3 months or more."

OEM+

#168 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 08:02 PM

Awesome. Thanks Mark. I knew we had sweet bugga all time to change the licence over, but rego shouldn't be an issue as it will expire before the three months is up anyway. I was worried about the change over being picked up during roadworthy, but by the sounds of it I'll be fine as the engine numbers have been properly switched already. SA are funny when it comes to changed spec sheets. Yet we don't care about things like roadworthy checks. Once it's registered they just don't care.

#169 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 30 September 2015 - 03:26 PM

Am now a Mexican! Did the drive down yesterday with the B4. And I must say I understand why most Victorian roads are limited to 100 kph. They suck. Not a shot at Victoria, but they genuinely suck. Driving down the A8 major thoroughfare from Adelaide to Melbourne, and there is a stark contrast to the quality of the road between the SA side and the Vic side. Noticed this mainly in the light truck a week or so ago more so then the B4, but damn. Haven't been for a drive round town in her yet, because she is still fully loaded with stuff, but give me time lol

#170 duncanm

duncanm

wha' who ?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 30 September 2015 - 03:53 PM

have you been picked up by one of their ridiculous speed cameras yet?

#171 Barbbachello

Barbbachello

Touring Bruce

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,458 posts

Posted 30 September 2015 - 04:31 PM

Ahhh yes Victorian roads. They generally get better the closer you get to the city. Speaking of City when are we having a meet? :D

tIeW8DE.png

#172 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 30 September 2015 - 10:04 PM

Haha, yea, got done by one while visiting a few years ago, pipped doing 108, 4% leeway down to 104. I don't know of too many speedos that are within 4% tolerance, but ok. Have been very careful in Victoria ever since. I guess I won't find out for another month or so really. I don't know about a meet yet, still getting things sorted at home with fencing and such like. Maybe another week or 2 before things are properly ready here. Removalists drop the rest of my gear here tomorrow, so with any luck I'll be ready for a meet at some stage after the 15th.

#173 Clown

Clown

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 12:36 AM

Ballarat loves their speed cameras too. there is always a mobile one parked in the trees on hertford street. Down near the round a bout.

#174 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 07:40 PM

Check out how low she was fully loaded over from SA. Only half way through unloading it, and had the removalists empty the container today, so house is bedlam at the minute.
Cheers for that Clown, I'll keep an eye out, fussell st is another one they frequent, but I'm pretty good round town, don't have kids myself yet, but I understand where parents are coming from. Slow down on urban streets.

Attached Files

#175 Barbbachello

Barbbachello

Touring Bruce

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,458 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 07:48 PM

#sweg #sacked #stancenation #cantwaittoseethisIRL

tIeW8DE.png

#176 nickknack

nickknack

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 10:17 PM

Wow that scoop is enormous

#177 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 02:48 PM

Yea, I cant wait for the first meet. There's a lot of issues on the exterior of the old girl though, she looks great from a distance, but close up there's lots of defects... I'd love to spend the money on her and fix her up, but reality is, the money could be better spent elsewhere. Scoop is much larger but still looks good, I'm not a big fan of the STi scoops from Rex's being put on these. It blends quite nicely.

#178 nickknack

nickknack

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 03:39 PM

Yea, I cant wait for the first meet. There's a lot of issues on the exterior of the old girl though, she looks great from a distance, but close up there's lots of defects... I'd love to spend the money on her and fix her up, but reality is, the money could be better spent elsewhere. Scoop is much larger but still looks good, I'm not a big fan of the STi scoops from Rex's being put on these. It blends quite nicely.

I know what you mean about the good from afar, mine's the same. And I didn't mean the scoop comment in a bad way haha

#179 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 03 October 2015 - 02:57 PM

All good nick, didn't think you did mean it that way. It's amazing how after so many kms the bumper and bonnet get so many chips. I had a trailer play meet and greet with the new bumper about a year or so ago, so there's a massive chunk taken out of the fibreglass. Will get it fixed eventually. Probably once I'm working a decent paying job again.

#180 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 11:45 AM

So I just priced personalised plates in Victoria. Guess I'll be going standard plates. What a rip... 495 bucks. Same thing in SA cost me 190. My God thats expensive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users