...............Car nerd................ now a H6 pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts
  • Interests:Cars with chrome bumpers!

Posted 02 March 2012 - 10:37 PM

Nice on Shaz.

Brings back memories of work long ago.

If I told you I was a compulsive liar, would you believe me?

#42 AussieTemplar

AussieTemplar

BMW driver on a Subaru forum

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,586 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 11:02 PM

My BM has a analog clock in it.

But that's in the dash.

Shaz, lets take both our cars out to the skids one day!

EHUf263.jpg?3

Get out of my thread.

#43 Evil_VZ-T

Evil_VZ-T

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 11:16 PM

Mine got to 160kph in the dyno.. I got 140kph on the road, its Posted Image'ed with the k40, a k50 is on the cards soon!

R31 skyline seams to be the choice, but there is a hilux rear end on rollaclub atm and 4 pot conversion on rollaclub for $1500

Edit: its for a ke30/55 :(
http://www.rollaclub...404#entry587404
MY02 Liberty B4

#44 Shaz

Shaz

Differential Studios

• SC Videographer
  • 23,188 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 08:53 AM

Shaz, lets take both our cars out to the skids one day!

For sure man.

Mine got to 160kph in the dyno.. I got 140kph on the road, its Posted Image'ed with the k40, a k50 is on the cards soon!

R31 skyline seams to be the choice, but there is a hilux rear end on rollaclub atm and 4 pot conversion on rollaclub for $1500

Edit: its for a ke30/55 :(
http://www.rollaclub...404#entry587404

I'm well suprised it even got to that speed.

I put up with people from amnesty, red cross and now the cancer council almost daily hounding me!! Throw in the greens, green peace, unhcr, save the forking children and I've well and truly hit my limit for the number of fuckstains wanting me to sign something or give money. Seriously cubts,  :fork: right off.

#45 RX25SE

RX25SE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 09:40 AM

I got 140kph on the road,

Hahaha...That would be about the limit even when new.

My Gemini would max out at about 150 with the 1600 and a small cam.
With the 1800, same cam and a Weber; speedo would wind off the clock.

#46 CRUISN

CRUISN

Doin it my way.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,970 posts
  • Interests:Family, Surfing, Cars.

Posted 03 March 2012 - 08:46 PM

Thats cool. :D

I can see the potential. ;)

OEM+

#47 aekOne

aekOne

Boss Pelican

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,349 posts
  • Interests:Regulating

Posted 03 March 2012 - 08:51 PM

haha yeah this was my sherpa maxing out, down hill, with a tailwind

Posted Image

: My Liberty :

signature_1_35.jpg

#48 Shaz

Shaz

Differential Studios

• SC Videographer
  • 23,188 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 07:50 AM

Posted Image

Okay, so I just got it back to Sydney yesterday.

First impressions of the car. It's engine is too small, it's gearbox is missing a gear, it overheats on the highway at anything above 80kmh and also at the slightest hint of a hill on said highway. It's suspension needs replacing, and it needs a wheel bearing. To cool it down, I actually had to coast down the big hills, and get a run up for the next one. Sat on 80km/h pretty much the whole way back to Sydney.

Little bit of rust around the boot lid, however nothing serious. I have this Friday at work, so I'll go about installing my Alpine CD player, and some focal splits. Also need to fix up the mounting where the CD player will go. It is in desperate need of an interior shampoo, and the seats smell of what I would consider around 30years worth of farts.

The other thing I'm going to do is pull the dash out, and measure up and see if I can get this tacho I have to fit. Worse case scenario, the dash will be ruined and I will buy another.

So plans for Friday

- Go and hire a carpet cleaning machine, and clean the shit out of the car.
- Install Alpine Headunit and Splits.
- Fix LHS High Beam.
- Pull dash out and see if I can make rev tacho fit
- If I get keen, might to an oil change, with new spark plugs and stuff.
- A good wash, and machine polish.

Cheers,
Shazza

I put up with people from amnesty, red cross and now the cancer council almost daily hounding me!! Throw in the greens, green peace, unhcr, save the forking children and I've well and truly hit my limit for the number of fuckstains wanting me to sign something or give money. Seriously cubts,  :fork: right off.

#49 Adam

Adam

Snack down!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46,970 posts
  • Interests:Not knowing things about stuff

Posted 05 March 2012 - 07:53 AM

Y U NO FIX OVERHEATING???

Posted Image

#50 Shaz

Shaz

Differential Studios

• SC Videographer
  • 23,188 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 08:33 AM

The only time it overheats Adam, is when I am on the highway maxed out at 80km/h.

Other then that, its fine.

Cheers,
Shazza

#51 Adam

Adam

Snack down!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46,970 posts
  • Interests:Not knowing things about stuff

Posted 05 March 2012 - 08:47 AM

Fair eeeeeenough!

Like I've said before, still jealous! Makes me want my project car at my house!

Posted Image

#52 RX25SE

RX25SE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 08:53 AM

Overheating under highway conditions is NOT NORMAL.

I suggest you fix it to avoid it turning into a great steaming heap of brown....oh wait....

Just fix it.

#53 Shaz

Shaz

Differential Studios

• SC Videographer
  • 23,188 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 08:58 AM

Overheating under highway conditions is NOT NORMAL.

I suggest you fix it to avoid it turning into a great steaming heap of brown....oh wait....

Just fix it.

Jase,

Might be a rubbish Thermostat/Block in coolant system. I will investigate on Friday. Worse case scenario, the engine is fooked, and it will require a 4AGE.

Once I got it back off the highway, everything returned to normal. Judging my engine sound only, I'd estimate it was sitting at around 6000rpm the whole way back from Newcastle, and since it doesn't run a thermo fan (Just a fan which is attached to the motor) I just figured that the air rushing in the front of the car at 80km/h was in fact faster then the fan speed, causing overheating.

Cheers,
Shazza

#54 Xon

Xon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 09:07 AM

I would have thought highway above 80km would be ideal conditions to NOT overheat, with all that nice cold Sydney air running over the radiator. Sticky thermostat maybe?

If you're going for a 5 speed, ignore whatever the corolla 5 speed is. It's actually the 4 speed box with 1 extra gear jammed in. Far as I can tell, the extra gear is just another 4th? As I said, all the ratios are terrible. Really short 1st, then a huge step to 2nd, then every other gear is really close again.

Whip that crank-powered fan off and replace it with a thermo fan too!

I would have gone to the kitchen, collected a brown bag, dropped my dacks, pinched off a loaf in said bag, done up dacks, stickytaped bag, placed bag in envelope, and mailed it right to your face for being such a tool.

It's ok, sometimes when we herp, we also derp.

#55 Shaz

Shaz

Differential Studios

• SC Videographer
  • 23,188 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 09:15 AM

I would have thought highway above 80km would be ideal conditions to NOT overheat, with all that nice cold Sydney air running over the radiator. Sticky thermostat maybe?

If you're going for a 5 speed, ignore whatever the corolla 5 speed is. It's actually the 4 speed box with 1 extra gear jammed in. Far as I can tell, the extra gear is just another 4th? As I said, all the ratios are terrible. Really short 1st, then a huge step to 2nd, then every other gear is really close again.

Whip that crank-powered fan off and replace it with a thermo fan too!

Definitely won't be wasting money on that 5 speed. I've also heard it is TERRIBLE.

Will be going to a JDM T50 option, out of a Sprinter. The gearbox is a direct bolt in, so long as you use an AE71 Gearbox XMember. Just need a AE71 Pedal Cluster, AE71 tailshaft, and change the rear diff, to maybe 3.9 or 4.11. Overall, the conversion should only take half a day or so.

Might convert to 5 speed prior to 4AGE conversion actually, as it will make the motor conversion much easier as I wont have to do as much.

The crank powered fan is rubbish. Might goto the wreckers on Friday, and sift through a few cars and see what I can come up with. Might also try and pilfer the power windows out of another model and make it fit. Needs central locking too.

Cheers,
Shazza

#56 Ben_20EJT

Ben_20EJT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,397 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 09:47 AM

just take her drifting, should be able to blow something up. blown up stuff means you can replace with t50 and 4age 20v black top and itb set up.

freeway.jpeg 

#57 Xon

Xon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 10:00 AM

4k with a 4-speed won't be doing much drifting. 1st is too short a ratio, and there's not enough power in any other gear. Unless it's raining anyway...

Shaz how come you need the AE71 pedals? Is it a hydraulic clutch or something?

I would have gone to the kitchen, collected a brown bag, dropped my dacks, pinched off a loaf in said bag, done up dacks, stickytaped bag, placed bag in envelope, and mailed it right to your face for being such a tool.

#58 Shaz

Shaz

Differential Studios

• SC Videographer
  • 23,188 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 10:09 AM

4k with a 4-speed won't be doing much drifting. 1st is too short a ratio, and there's not enough power in any other gear. Unless it's raining anyway...

Shaz how come you need the AE71 pedals? Is it a hydraulic clutch or something?

Yeah, theres barely enough power to even make a chip if you dump in in 1st at the moment. Lol.

Xon, as far as I can tell, different setup between ADM and JDM. I'm still investigating, but I think it is a hydraulic setup from the JDM which is needed for the T50 conversion.

Cheers,
Shazza

#59 Xon

Xon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 10:18 AM

So the T50 bellhousing should just bolt straight onto the k motor? Might have to look into this...

#60 Shaz

Shaz

Differential Studios

• SC Videographer
  • 23,188 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 10:20 AM

So the T50 bellhousing should just bolt straight onto the k motor? Might have to look into this...

Nah, you need a K -> T bellhousing adaptor.

Few for sale for around $150

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users