#21 B4TT

B4TT

Soviet Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39,547 posts
  • Interests:Rodina-Mat

Posted 25 November 2008 - 07:44 PM

Hmmm Ill watch this space, I love driving the H6's, awesome engine.... Not that much slower then the Turbo 4's you get in the lib (it is and is noticeable but not by miles) with a manual transmission they would be a hoot to drive.

http://au.youtube.co...h?v=exVLxsPRAWU H6 Turbo by Perrin

http://au.youtube.co...h?v=YNCiomLGdbg H6 N/A Acceleration :D

They are fun but I have to agree with the others in that its much more economical to put in a H4T :D

#22 ams

ams

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29,212 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 07:55 PM

Good luck, I say! Worst case in a years time when a newb posts 'zomg h6 convert ftw!' we can provide linkage to this thread with + or - comments depending on the outcome. I hope for your sake it works out, big job and big dollars but good luck! - Alex.

Ugh i could ramble on for forking days about this stuff.

#23 Blaeven

Blaeven

The Renowned

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 08:09 PM

Nah thats a fair call.
All my previous comments stand, but obviously you have your own reasons.

You should have posted that in the first post, instead of letting all the spectulation go on :D.

yeh... nothin like a bit of suspense though... i was gonna leave you all hanging for a while... but oh well :P

Good luck! It will be interesting to see the progress of this build. Make sure you put up heaps of info and pics.

What are you going to drive while yours is being deconstructed?

thanks...

um, nothing... i'm not sure how long it's going to take, though i'd imagine it will probably take upwards of a week or two...

so i'm contemplating a holiday in qld... might go up for some toolies...??? :P

or i'll just drive it up, leave it there, plane it back here and plane it back up when it's done...

depends how long it's going to take... i've only got 2 weeks worth of leave...

2mmwi1w.jpg

#24 Shiv

Shiv

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,741 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 09:13 PM

H6 POWARRR for Tristan!!! Bad idea? lol maybe :P But its good to see you being decisive and going with the heart. Good for you man, you know that engines totally going to change your cars drive ability and will be a huge upgrade over what you got! And now with the RSK seats, the cars comin along nicely. I'm sure they'll hook it up to a nice exhaust system. I know you couldn't give a shit, but I'm certainly gonna keep hassling you to get those bumpers fixed/resprayed, lol. Get yourself an RX/GTB bodykit with that loan of yours.... Do keep us in the loop.

liftbacktestCustom3_zps39c01efc.jpg

#25 Mosti

Mosti

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 09:39 PM

Supercharge it :P Good luck with it mate, should be a nice sleeper when you have finished with it

#26 Blaeven

Blaeven

The Renowned

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 10:36 PM

H6 POWARRR for Tristan!!! Bad idea? lol maybe :P

But its good to see you being decisive and going with the heart. Good for you man, you know that engines totally going to change your cars drive ability and will be a huge upgrade over what you got! And now with the RSK seats, the cars comin along nicely. I'm sure they'll hook it up to a nice exhaust system.

I know you couldn't give a shit, but I'm certainly gonna keep hassling you to get those bumpers fixed/resprayed, lol. Get yourself an RX/GTB bodykit with that loan of yours....

Do keep us in the loop.

as you said... i don't really give a shit... lol... i don't care how it looks compared to how well it goes...

and though i would like an RX kit, i find the GX kit growing on me more and more... it's got a... um... rounder appearance...

one day i'll get teh paint fixed... though the loan doesn't extend as far as the $4k+ that a decent paint job would cost

Supercharge it :P

Good luck with it mate, should be a nice sleeper when you have finished with it

that was somewhere in my thought process when i began thinking about 2 years down the track...

but for the time being i think that the 180+kw should be a nice upgrade over stock

2mmwi1w.jpg

#27 Xon

Xon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 07:10 AM

Fantastic! Look forward to the results. Personally I think you should have just waiting until it was done to post though.

I would have gone to the kitchen, collected a brown bag, dropped my dacks, pinched off a loaf in said bag, done up dacks, stickytaped bag, placed bag in envelope, and mailed it right to your face for being such a tool.

It's ok, sometimes when we herp, we also derp.

#28 B4TT

B4TT

Soviet Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39,547 posts
  • Interests:Rodina-Mat

Posted 26 November 2008 - 07:35 AM

Yup :D, Put a sports system on it :D The H6's sound nice :D far better then the 4 Cyl.

#29 Joe

Joe

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 08:17 AM

good luck with the build tristan :)

#30 Blaeven

Blaeven

The Renowned

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 08:49 AM

Fantastic! Look forward to the results.

Personally I think you should have just waiting until it was done to post though.

yeh, that's what dyl suggested i do... i was just gonna leave it at the first post... keep you all in suspense... but i figure i can get some input doing it this way... people might give me some ideas...

Yup :D, Put a sports system on it :D The H6's sound nice :D far better then the 4 Cyl.

AM is going to put some tuned length extractors on it, i was thinking that i'd like to go 2.5 stainless, with a 'sport' muffler like a lukey or something...

it's got a 2.25 press bent at the moment, with a 2 inch muffler... i think this might choke the 3liter somewhat...

good luck with the build tristan :)

thanks man

2mmwi1w.jpg

#31 Xon

Xon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 09:47 AM

AM is going to put some tuned length extractors on it, i was thinking that i'd like to go 2.5 stainless, with a 'sport' muffler like a lukey or something...

it's got a 2.25 press bent at the moment, with a 2 inch muffler... i think this might choke the 3liter somewhat...

Give Hitech a ring and ask what they'd put on it. What ever they suggest, go out and get that done immediately. But don't do it through them or you'll be poor until the end of time.

I would have gone to the kitchen, collected a brown bag, dropped my dacks, pinched off a loaf in said bag, done up dacks, stickytaped bag, placed bag in envelope, and mailed it right to your face for being such a tool.

#32 Blaeven

Blaeven

The Renowned

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 10:00 AM

Give Hitech a ring and ask what they'd put on it. What ever they suggest, go out and get that done immediately. But don't do it through them or you'll be poor until the end of time.

you suggest that i get the exhaust done before i get the engine put in...?

i mean, the car is going to have a tune done when the engine is put in... so it makes sense... but i figured the tuned length headers would be longer than the standard extractors... so a new exhaust might pose a problem later...

maybe i'll just get it done anyway, AM can sort out the exhaust when they put the engine in...

or i can see if AM will do the exhaust...?

2mmwi1w.jpg

#33 Xon

Xon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 10:12 AM

you suggest that i get the exhaust done before i get the engine put in...?

What? No. I doubt any exhaust shop would do that because you won't know how long the exhaust needs to be. What I mean is ring up hitech and ask them what they suggest would be best for a Liberty 3.0R-B with regards to size etc, and then when it comes time to get the exhaust do that.
Of course it's just my opinion, but I've heard a 3.0R-B exhaust done by them and it will make your jaw drop. People will be looking for the porsche when you drive past :D

maybe i'll just get it done anyway, AM can sort out the exhaust when they put the engine in...

or i can see if AM will do the exhaust...?

If AM can do the exhaust that'd be the best bet I would say. If not, ask them for the name of a good exhaust place near their workshop.

#34 Soop

Soop

Suck, squeeze, bang, blow.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 11:51 AM

Either AM or Techworkz can make an exhaust to suit for substantially less than Hitech ever will...
TSM

#35 Xon

Xon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 11:59 AM

Either AM or Techworkz can make an exhaust to suit for substantially less than Hitech ever will...

If you stop for 2 seconds and read you'll notice I never suggested he get a hitech system.

#36 Soop

Soop

Suck, squeeze, bang, blow.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 12:02 PM

I seconding the motion. Albeit with out the "+1" lameness...
TSM

#37 Blaeven

Blaeven

The Renowned

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 12:02 PM

If you stop for 2 seconds and read you'll notice I never suggested he get a hitech system.

i know that's not what you're suggesting...

Al seems to think 2.5 would be the go... and i'm sure he knows his stuff...

wonder how much i'm gonna have to pay for an intake and exhaust setup... *ponders*

AM currently isn't getting back to me... probz busy... *shrug*

i'll wait for the loan to be financed and then i'll just give them a call i reckon...

2mmwi1w.jpg

#38 Xon

Xon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 01:04 PM

i'll wait for the loan to be financed and then i'll just give them a call i reckon...

Better plan. Start driving there now, then as soon as your loan is approved give Al the keys and drink beer :D

#39 Mav

Mav

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 02:04 PM

cool. gl with it mate. h6 ftw
current - 2006, Gen 4 - 3.0r - spec b, mods - Cusco Strut Brace, Cusco 23mm Rear Swaybar, Cusco BCS, JDM spec b Grille, 6000k HID Xenons, UltraWhite LED Parkers
former - 2000, Gen 3 - 2.5l RX Liberty, mods - Powerchip Gold 98, Borla extractors, Cat-back sports exhaust, Bilstein Suspension w/ Kings low's, Whiteline X\Heavy duty ADJ rear swaybar, Whiteline front Strut Brace, 6000k HID Xenons.

#40 Blaeven

Blaeven

The Renowned

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 02:35 PM

Better plan. Start driving there now, then as soon as your loan is approved give Al the keys and drink beer :D

dunno how happy the boss would be about that...

signed the loan today...

should see the monies within 24 hours...

i wonder if my dad will kill me when he finds out...

he thought $600 on new seats was bad enough... :P

2mmwi1w.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users