←  Builds and Projects

Suby Club

»

MrSober88's GEN3 RX

MrSober88's Photo MrSober88 16 Apr 2013

You should have hole on your dump pipe for the O2 sensor. My wideband has been fitted after the cat convertor.

Yeah the stock WRX one has the O2 sensor in it. But is that the only O2 sensor in the 99 WRX system? Not sure what the other bungs are meant to be for?

So the best place to put a wideband in after the cat? I think I remember hearing somewhere that was the place for the best reading.

Does anyone know if the place in NZ called Scarles is still in operation? I ordered some stuff from them and didnt get any thing from them saying they have sent them, or got a reply from my emails. The website appears to be down also......

JRod's Photo JRod 16 Apr 2013

Try the boys across the ditch on clubsub. they may be able to shed some light on Scarles.

MrSober88's Photo MrSober88 24 Apr 2013

What other models radiators fit the 00' Liberty RX's?

Want to buy a good one but not sure what fits.

MrSober88's Photo MrSober88 08 May 2013

Whats my options for a intake? The stock box won't fit at all, but is it better to go short ram or in guard?

JRod's Photo JRod 08 May 2013

Whats my options for a intake? The stock box won't fit at all, but is it better to go short ram or in guard?

The only problem with in guard is there is a chance of sucking in water which has happened to me before. it just depends on how far down the filter is. or maybe do the short ram over to the side of the car, and enclose it so it sucks air through the gurd and not from down low.

Adam's Photo Adam 08 May 2013

Could try find a gtb airbox? That's what I have in mine.

Granted its gen 2

MrSober88's Photo MrSober88 10 May 2013

The only problem with in guard is there is a chance of sucking in water which has happened to me before. it just depends on how far down the filter is. or maybe do the short ram over to the side of the car, and enclose it so it sucks air through the gurd and not from down low.

I want to buy one of the Cobb intakes with the box but they are for a 01-07 WRX so not sure if the box will fit in my Lib... and if they even fit with FMIC piping...

Could try find a gtb airbox? That's what I have in mine.

Granted its gen 2

Whats different about the GTB one?

Adam's Photo Adam 10 May 2013

I'm not sure with the gen 3

But in a gen 2 there isn't really a difference, other than lugs to hold the radiator hoses.

Possibly a b4 filter housing? I'm just trying to think of something that was fitted from factor to a gen 3

MrSober88's Photo MrSober88 10 May 2013

I'm not sure with the gen 3

But in a gen 2 there isn't really a difference, other than lugs to hold the radiator hoses.

Possibly a b4 filter housing? I'm just trying to think of something that was fitted from factor to a gen 3

Im just not sure anything will fit with the FMIC piping as it runs down that side

Adam's Photo Adam 10 May 2013

Oh right. Fmic!

My bad :)

MrSober88's Photo MrSober88 12 May 2013

No worries, thanks for the help though. I think I will just try and find a short ram intake for now just to get it running....

Hit a stump today, neither of the acc cables fit..... I am assuming I will need something out of a 01-05 WRX? as they seem to have the same setup as the GENIII, Just wanted to confirm before I buy anything.

MrSober88's Photo MrSober88 18 May 2013

Can't work out what I am missing, Went to start her up today. No go, Not cranking and the dash doesn't light up. Can hear the fuel pump priming, headlights, interior light & brake lights work.

Its got me stumped have gone over it a few times trying to work out what could be missing. Have not checked fuses yet.

Does all the dash have to be plugged back in before you can crank it?

cameron's Photo cameron 18 May 2013

i have no idea but i would guess that certain circuits would need to be complete?

MrSober88's Photo MrSober88 18 May 2013

Yeah I'm a little lost, but will have another crack tomorrow. Start fresh and check everything over again.

JRod's Photo JRod 18 May 2013

Fatcat and myself had this same problem. Turned out a plug which we didnt think neccessary to run the engine indeed needed to br plugged in.

MrSober88's Photo MrSober88 19 May 2013

SHE LIVES!

Turns out the little connector for the starter motor was not connected and stopped it from cranking. And I also didnt have the blue plug at the front of the fuse panel in the car connected.

So it started and seems to be running okay except idles around 1,800rpm and opening the throttle seems to make it die a bit, Though the car only goes down to a dump pipe and doesn't have a proper airfilter yet. May also be the TPS is set wrong as I had to take it off and not sure if I fitted it correctly.

Pics to come, But also the power windows don't work which Im sure is just a plug but not sure which one and where it is meant to go. Still have about 3 plugs without a home.

bobbyjimmy's Photo bobbyjimmy 19 May 2013

TPS - did you take it all the way off/out?

Windows will ave to do with the resistor looking thing on the lower dash panel on the drivers side, above the pedals.

TPS - did you take it all the way off/out?

Windows will ave to do with the resistor looking thing on the lower dash panel on the drivers side, above the pedals.

Yeah all the way off..... read how to put it back on but may be out and not in the correct place....

Though having another look one of the vac nipples on the top of the intake manifold has nothing connected to it. Would that cause higher idle and sort of cutting out when hitting acc?

I have not been able to find it but will keep looking.

Here are some pictures, Been lacking lately as most of the stuff I have been doing was little things.

Got me some whiteline goodness, and also the ALK

Posted Image

Started putting the interior back in this weekend

Posted Image
Posted Image

Engine bay looks a little cluttered.

Posted Image

My 52mm radiator looks to big, was meant to buy a 32mm one. But thought the other one was this size and wasn't till it turned up that I realised the size.

These are the plugs still missing

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

They are the only ones I can't seem to figure out where they go.

Samwise's Photo Samwise 19 May 2013

But also the power windows don't work which Im sure is just a plug but not sure which one and where it is meant to go. Still have about 3 plugs without a home.

Power window plug is under the steering wheel, as far as I remember. It's screwed on to the dash panel.