• Please log in to reply
803 replies to this topic

#41 bigboyscottyb

bigboyscottyb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 889 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:23 PM

Great story, I have done something similar before as well, but it was only a half cut and a single turbo set up, same deal 1week of a lot of blood, sweat and tannys and it all came together

Dude you should be proud it's a daunting task and with all that extra stuff for the twins is mind boggling... So when's single time happening???

#42 Guest_KONG_*

Guest_KONG_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:35 PM

They are the Vin plates from the B4.

I just wanted to keep them in a place that's easily accessible for ordering parts and the like.

Plus I think they look good.... bit of bling.

I'm happy for the moment with the engine. It has a bit of life left in it yet and due to a decent tune is quite powerful yet still enjoyable to drive.

My future plans are leaning towards a brand new STi motor and running gear which will be installed & built by someone else lol

#43 MrSober88

MrSober88

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 971 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:43 AM

Epic, I'm worried about the first start more than anything lol

#44 simon

simon

Mr POINTY

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,096 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:04 AM

Posted Image

I like it mate. Nice, neat and tidy.

HOLY SHIT, I like this more.

SOLD Legacy GTB 

SOLD Gen 1 RS turbo wagon

SOLD Gen2 Outback limited

Car less atm.......Whats next??

#45 Hypnotic

Hypnotic

Everything you see is an hallucination

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,835 posts
  • Interests:long walks behind abandoned buildings.

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:52 PM

I have finally had a chance to read all this and all I can say is....

Well fuckin' done!

What an awesome read.

Cheers,

Ash.

As soon as she hands it to you, slowly take of your pants, then, while staring her straight in the eyes rub it against the tip of you penis, while continuing your painfully intense gaze whisper to her;

"My eye is watering, this might be a bit hot"

I should just convert to single, right?

Horsepower Factory

Revzone Auto Tuning Centre

#46 Guest_KONG_*

Guest_KONG_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 May 2013 - 05:45 PM

Cheers ash and everyone else for your kind comments.

As I said in my "NEVER ENDING STORY".... it's daunting for a person who is new to the turbo scene to be messing with this stuff.
Every day is a learning experience and the things I have learnt along the way have not only saved me a few dollars they have given me the confidence to at least have a look at or attempt to understand my car related problems before running off to a mechanic and paying cash that could be better spent on upgrades or mods.

For me it feels great that I have been lucky enough to have not needed to visit the mechanic once since the project began.

The fantastic people here on SubyClub are the main reason for this!!!!

I just love how we all band together to problem solve.

Keeping our cars on the road and performing at their best is the true spirit of this forum.

Good work SubyClub!

2bigthumbsuphighintheairwithawink.jpeg

#47 Jimbo

Jimbo

Livin' the Legacy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 06:46 PM

Mate, well Posted Image'ing done. Its certainly no easy task slapping a conversion together. After my experiences and helping others do the same, i wouldn't do it again, it messes with your head and brings out the worst in yourself.

I'm gobsmacked how well you tackled it with pretty much minimal knowledge, and especially doing it with a Twin-Turbo. Your end result has been perfect, i wish any number of my engine bays and cars for that matter looked as perfect as yours. Your folks should be very proud!

'04 Liberty GT Premium "The Sprog Chariot"

#48 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts
  • Interests:tl;dr

Posted 05 May 2013 - 06:48 PM

The fantastic people here on SubyClub are the main reason for this!!!!

I just love how we all band together to problem solve.

Keeping our cars on the road and performing at their best is the true spirit of this forum.

Good work to you guys!

Good work SubyClub!

+1. THE best car enthusiast forum ever. No bull shit.

Wanting to buy/looking for: single genuine STi rim, genuine STi front lip, Corazon or Zero/Sports grille and another OEM grille

Can you hook a brother up? Please contact me now. I have cash ready.

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

2006 Liberty MY06 3.0R SpecB wagon

#49 vicelore

vicelore

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,579 posts
  • Interests:Subbies, Dubs, Boost, Beer , Wine , My Two Awesome Girls

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:31 AM

Posted Image'ing great read dude.. I feel your pain and joy..

#50 FR34KO

FR34KO

GRANDMA's BOY

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,461 posts
  • Interests:SNOWBOARDING.

Posted 24 May 2013 - 03:08 AM

God damn. That was a deadset amazing read.

I'm actually glad I had missed this thread until now, don't know how I did, but it meant I could read all 3 of the chapters at once! Great, utterly great. Masterful.

Makes me want to get down and do a job like this. I definitely will someday, I hope. When I have enough cash flow...

That engine bay is gorgeous, also. When I saw your car at that central coast photo meet, I liked it, obviously, but I never realised how much you'd put into it! Fark!

KUDOS.

-Dan

EDIT, I just had another look at the first post. 0.0 ...I didn't notice the black spoiler first time round, in 3 of those pictures! GAWD, I thought I was the first on here to do that! Haha, you must have beaten me by about 3 years haha!

#51 MrSober88

MrSober88

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 971 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 08:16 AM

Sexy looking engine bay, Did you use new hoses or just used product on them to look so good?

My engine bay looks like shit at the moment....

#52 Guest_KONG_*

Guest_KONG_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:12 AM

All the hoses are the original items. I use the 5star degreaser on the engine. The one that comes out of the can as a foam and expands into all the hard to reach bits. For the hoses and yellow reservoir caps etc. I use warm water with dishwashing liquid and a scrubbing brush. It works great! To finish off the black plastics I use tyre shine and polish off the excess with a clean rag till it loses the silicone slippery feel which dust also likes to stick to. A bit of polish to the painted areas and some good old elbow grease. I don't like dirt ;)

@ Dan. Hahaa now I suppose it makes more sense about when I said your car looked good with the black trim.

I have a bit of work to do to get the car running & looking good before the Hunter cruise.

I will be replacing the old heat wrap and doing the dumps with the black variety. I changed the clutch a few months back and didn't bother replacing the heat shields which is noticeably increasing heat soak to the intercooler. So I purchased silver turbo blankets for the twins to cool shit down and bling up those rusty looking exhaust housings..
I have to install my oil catch can and plumb it in with some nice red silicone hose keeping with the theme of the engine bay. I bought a D1 Spec can off ebay and it requires some adjustments to actually catch the oil as there are no baffles inside and seems to only use gravity to trap oil vapour.
Also install a new intercooler hose of the red silicone variety.
Install a GFB BOV.
I will be dropping the entire rear subframe and replacing it and all the rear suspension and running gear. LSD diff, B4 rear brakes & CV's, rear strut brace, whiteline bushes here and there.
I will need to raise the rear coilovers by around 20mm and the front around 10mm in preparation for the Hunters roads.
4 Wheel alignment.
Install new wiring for the Macintosh stereo.
Replace front windscreen.
Tint rear window & pillar windows 15 - 20%
Replace some heat shielding along the transmission tunnel.
Replace the engine under tray.
Replace the plastic front guard liners. The driver side has to be modified to suit the in guard CAI & pod filter.
Replace headlight globes. The expensive 6000k ones I have turned out to be dodgy as. Melting plugs & arcing.

And finally a massive clean and detail. The car gets driven daily so I like to give it a good clean every week but it's looking well grubby right now.

Finding the time is going to be tough if this rainy weather keeps up.

#53 MrSober88

MrSober88

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 971 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:22 AM

I always get worried using water near the engine lol. But will have to spray it down once I can start it again so water doesn't sit anywhere.

My project has been moving slower now that its so cold in Canberra. No heating out in the garage.

#54 Guest_KONG_*

Guest_KONG_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:32 AM

I just keep it away from the electrics where possible. I wrap up the plugs and cover a few areas but when a hose goes anywhere near my engine bay it's a trigger set on mist and I only do short controlled bursts just to be cautious.

I feel for you. I've lived in canberra and working on the car in the cold just seems to hurt a whole lot more.

#55 Cam.

Cam.

OEM+

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,906 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 02:07 PM

Just give the word and I'll come help brosef.

Asb2OgK.jpg?1

#56 Guest_KONG_*

Guest_KONG_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 May 2013 - 07:17 PM

Cheersus mate.

I'll get motivated and smash it this week weather permitting.

It would be nice having a Cam at my disposal though ;)

#57 Cam.

Cam.

OEM+

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,906 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 08:26 PM

All good bro.

Already put together a EJ205/207 hybrid this week. May as well keep the ball rolling :)

Asb2OgK.jpg?1

#58 Hypnotic

Hypnotic

Everything you see is an hallucination

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,835 posts
  • Interests:long walks behind abandoned buildings.

Posted 28 May 2013 - 08:28 PM

I wish I had your motivation!

As soon as she hands it to you, slowly take of your pants, then, while staring her straight in the eyes rub it against the tip of you penis, while continuing your painfully intense gaze whisper to her;

"My eye is watering, this might be a bit hot"

I should just convert to single, right?

Horsepower Factory

Revzone Auto Tuning Centre

#59 GT_Tony

GT_Tony

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:39 AM

WhiteKong? Zoids?