Suby Club

»

Staxta's 2000 Outback

Staxta's Photo Staxta 29 May 2014

It's back!

fzxg8MY.jpg

2rce2lw.jpg

Should be ready for the HVC.

Few small issues though, oil sitting under the bottom rad hose, would that be a left hand rocker cover gasket gone?

Coolant itself is a bit lower than usual, but apart from that car is ready to go.

aekOne's Photo aekOne 29 May 2014

tidy!! it's great seeing so many cars coming together just in time for HVC :)

Stoked with the paint, here's what it looked like before, cracks and marks all over the bonnet, bumbers, panels etc...

fvgEsIB.jpg

In comparison to what it looks like now:

0zb9aUK.jpg

CRUISN's Photo CRUISN 29 May 2014

Schmick!

Samwise's Photo Samwise 29 May 2014

Nice! I need my bumper done... but too late now :P

Morgan's Photo Morgan 29 May 2014

Much improvement! Can't wait to see this thing again...

So much scrub now, lucky I got it back today so I can raise it up maybe 20mm before cruising.

RacerX's Photo RacerX 30 May 2014

Looking Good!!

Staxta's Photo Staxta 18 Jun 2014

Had a grinding on full lock with the MY11 wheels on, Ben said it was most likely hitting the front guard, but after taking a closer look with the wheels off I noticed that something was grinding on the bottom of the front brakes, leaving a 40mm gash where the paint was stripped off- not sure what would cause that? Only on one side as well.

Thought it could have been the wheel weights on the MY11 wheels, but they'd have been ripped off if that was the case. Issue has gone away with the rota's back on, so I'm stumped.

More reason to spray the brakes though  :P

Also suspension q's, where I adjust the coil height isn't a perfectly flat surface, even though I measured I'm sure there's some differences between sides- should I look into getting the suspension set up professionally, or will a few mm's of difference between the sides OK to run over long periods?

Samwise's Photo Samwise 18 Jun 2014

What does the inside of the my11 wheels look like?

Staxta's Photo Staxta 18 Jun 2014

All look fine, one has a slight bump from some crap it's picked up off the road, wheel weights are the furthest thing poking out

Staxta's Photo Staxta 07 Jul 2014

Blacked out the grill today, turned out OK, but i'll need to give it another go down the track as I don't think it'll last- the tape pulled at the dip so next time I'll spray the entire grill. Also threw on the new badge.

q3MUEjO.jpg

v55CySm.jpg

Harry88's Photo Harry88 07 Jul 2014

^I like it!

Marv's Photo Marv 09 Jul 2014

What gearbox does this thing run? And is it just a stock EZ30D ECU running it?

Staxta's Photo Staxta 09 Jul 2014

What gearbox does this thing run? And is it just a stock EZ30D ECU running it?

Just a Liberty 5 speed, and the ecu / engine are standard from a jdm half cut.

Marv's Photo Marv 09 Jul 2014

Thanks bloke. 

Staxta's Photo Staxta 21 Jul 2014

Goodies arrived today!

Ganador Titan exhaust, from a BH5 legacy (needs some modification to fix and a good clean)

WtFReN5.jpg

CNMqsj1.jpg

Got some engine bay aesthetics with a cheap cusco sway bar, only fouled on one thing which i was able to move down lower anyways.

G9egyNY.jpg

And finally picked up a denso ECU, which can be flashed to remove auto codes and then have a working CEL (like on Cam's GT30)

zUcB3lq.jpg

Cam.'s Photo Cam. 21 Jul 2014

Lots of win!

93tzlegacy's Photo 93tzlegacy 21 Jul 2014

mint exhaust.

Adam's Photo Adam 21 Jul 2014

Yeah that muff is sweeeeeet