• Please log in to reply
126 replies to this topic

#81 Tim.

Tim.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,024 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 10:50 AM

The camera was bit lower than your usual line of sight. It doesn't cover the gauges, only the low fuel light. The fuel gauge is balls so I go by the trip computer instead. I'm not one to run til the last drop anyway so it hasn't caught me out yet.

At an inspection the guy said I should move it to the bottom of the A pillar. His theory was that it's illegal to mount things in the crash zone i.e. between your seated position and the dash. That being said, I think you'd have more trouble from the cops for mounting it on the dash than on the steering column.

#82 sbv

sbv

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 11:07 AM

How did you mount that Tim? What sort of mount/cup will fix it to the steering shroud?

P.S. What's your car doing at snj today - parked next to it the other day in Weymouth street car park too.

P.P.S. Nice work so far with the Foz Dan. Looking great. Try to mount it to the side of the steering shroud like Tim's if you can. Follows the lines of the dash cluster and better visibility of your other gauges.

#83 Cracktastic

Cracktastic

Street-Cover & OFIM Photographer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,629 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Photography, Bewbs

Posted 26 March 2014 - 11:31 AM

Personally i do really like how Morgan has setup his. Tim's is also very neat.

WbhSuDb.png

Flickr Page: https://www.flickr.c.../125210776@N07/

Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/MattMFotos

For inquires please email me on: mattmccamley@gmail.com

#84 Tim.

Tim.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,024 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 12:24 PM

It's mounted with disc of MDF - I used a dremel to match the contour of the gauge on the top and the steering column on the bottom of the disc. Stuck it in place with a dot of silicon on both sides.

I'll update my build thread so we're not derailing Dan's thread.

#85 Grant

Grant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,063 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 12:37 PM

Mine's in the same spot as Tim's. If you can't see the fuel gauge, move your head slightly, it's extremely difficult to do but it's worth it for the view of that fuel gauge :P

#86 FR34KO

FR34KO

GRANDMA's BOY

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,461 posts
  • Interests:SNOWBOARDING.

Posted 26 March 2014 - 01:16 PM

I did realise the photo wasn't at the angle of actual viewing during driving, wasn't sure how much view is obstructed though :)

I think I will do it to the side, it looks neater IMO. Over the fuel gauge or even the temp gauge... As if it only hides a small portion of the 'cold' reading, then I haven't lost any important info! I only need to see when it has warmed up sufficiently before driving, and as a warning if it goes too far into the red. That way I won't miss the low fuel light if I haven't checked the fuel level for a bit.

I have no problem with the 'derailment', because it's honestly not a derailment as I'd need to ask the same questions about how you mounted yours Tim!! :)

Yeah I don't know why that guy at the inspection station said mount it next to the A-pillar! That's straight out illegal and attracts attention and a defect from almost any copper as you've mentioned!

I hope to hear from morgan or anyone else that has theirs mounted in the air vent. I feel I'd miss that cool or hot air when needed! Do you need to block flow completely? :/

#87 Morgan

Morgan

...jus waitin' 4 a m8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,485 posts
  • Interests:Taking a poo

Posted 03 April 2014 - 11:54 PM

I love my AC vent mount. Not as 'in your face' as the column style, all gauges are completely visible and it's below the dash line.

AC vent is still functional too. It's just slightly blocked ;)

IM47Gcv.jpg

#88 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Stereos, Electrical

Posted 04 April 2014 - 02:49 PM

It's law in SA that if you install a spoiler with brake light that your high mount stop light must be disconnected. But I don't think any police officer in their right mind would actually do you for it.

MY00 Red RX, a nice daily that was sold off once the B4 became reliable...
MY02 Blue B4, aka 'The Project' - v8 JDM STi engine package and assorted other 'goodies' - Sold, then bought back for parts. Stripped and crushed.
MY03 Blue RX, the newer old daily, pretty well more B4 than RX now... In the process of being converted to the track toy... Watch this space!
MY02 Silver Wagon, H6 conversion, full blue/black leather and almost full black interior to go with it.
MY03 White/Silver H6 Outback, donor car for silver waghoon.
MY97 Silver RX, acquired to become track car, but plans changed. To be stripped and scrapped in time.

#89 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Stereos, Electrical

Posted 04 April 2014 - 02:54 PM

Sorry guys, just saw a comment and replied... Didn't realise that I wasn't on the last page of the thread :doh:

MY00 Red RX, a nice daily that was sold off once the B4 became reliable...
MY02 Blue B4, aka 'The Project' - v8 JDM STi engine package and assorted other 'goodies' - Sold, then bought back for parts. Stripped and crushed.
MY03 Blue RX, the newer old daily, pretty well more B4 than RX now... In the process of being converted to the track toy... Watch this space!
MY02 Silver Wagon, H6 conversion, full blue/black leather and almost full black interior to go with it.
MY03 White/Silver H6 Outback, donor car for silver waghoon.
MY97 Silver RX, acquired to become track car, but plans changed. To be stripped and scrapped in time.

#90 FR34KO

FR34KO

GRANDMA's BOY

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 02:44 PM

No worries, all info is welcome!

Since last update, not much done.

Installed old amp and subwoofer in a hurry for the HVC;

Had damage to rear bar fixed, which included a de-badge of the tailgate & respray

Rhine roof racks and Yakima basket

And of course, an oil change.. Penrite HPR-5 (5W-40)

A few shots from the HVC14!

20156abe-de5e-495b-b8b7-7cf94dee7ee7_zps

ee1a284e-9e3c-4834-a31d-e9ee6632a045_zps

HVC1402_zps33b9c485.jpg

c71bc750-1355-49e3-9066-adccae1c462d_zps

Wollombi_zps0e134f53.jpg

Wollombi5_zps73541dfd.jpg

Peatsridge1_zps349b6629.jpg

#91 FR34KO

FR34KO

GRANDMA's BOY

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 06:16 PM

Horrible picture quality here; but my mate and I cleaned up our headlights with some Turlte Wax product. Worked a treat.

Before >..........> After

Will have to get a better quality pic of the final product. They were really quite on the cloudy side on the top most portion of them previously. They look deadset amazing now.

20140613_140224_zps84b92464.jpg

In other news; some with a keen eye, or at least a sub-par memory from past pics/HVC, may realise that there's some big ugly yellow plates on the foz.

Rear plate was taken while it was parked outside a party on Saturday. Major inconvenience seeing as I don't have the money right now to be chucking at custom plates; nor the $99 charge for the white ones, if I am only to change to custom down the track. These ugly bastards cost me $41. Ridiculous IMO.

#92 Mitch.

Mitch.

Fart Smuggler

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts
  • Interests:Surfin' Da Web

Posted 13 June 2014 - 06:37 PM

Who steals non-personalised plates. Jerk move.

#93 zahmad

zahmad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 08:09 PM

Must've been to piss some people off!

#94 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts
  • Interests:tl;dr

Posted 13 June 2014 - 10:48 PM

Or to be used on the same car for a petrol run.

Wanting to buy/looking for: single genuine STi rim, genuine STi front lip, Corazon or Zero/Sports grille and another OEM grille

Can you hook a brother up? Please contact me now. I have cash ready.

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

2006 Liberty MY06 3.0R SpecB wagon

#95 FR34KO

FR34KO

GRANDMA's BOY

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 08:59 PM

Yeah a tad on the head scratching side & just shit in general. Reported to cops as soon as I saw it to avoid any blues turning up at my front door with questions; and also so I could drive it for a bit. Being pulled over I could show them the police report number and they'd be sweet with it, as long as it was rectified within a couple of days, as I've done.

#96 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 07:25 AM

Good move man. The same thing happened to my mate. His plates were stolen from his car and put on another car that was the exact same model and colour. They did two or three petrol runs in it apparently.

Wanting to buy/looking for: single genuine STi rim, genuine STi front lip, Corazon or Zero/Sports grille and another OEM grille

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

#97 FR34KO

FR34KO

GRANDMA's BOY

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 02:22 PM

Far out.. Had your mate luckily reported it before they were used illegitimately?

#98 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 03:03 PM

I'm quite sure he did. I can't remember the details of what happened but he wasn't taken in for questioning or anything so you can only assume that the report was made before the crimes were committed.

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

#99 FR34KO

FR34KO

GRANDMA's BOY

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 05:33 PM

Hey guys, I'm wondering if anyone has been to all drive subaroo in Peakhurst. I'm pretty sure I've seen the name pop up here in the past.

I've done the 200k major service over a month ago now at a friends' dads' shop, but other issues are still present. Leaking steering rack, loose engine mounts (or something else that's making the engine and car shake on idle), and a hesitation to come on boost -seems to be limited to higher ambient temps though.

A family friend suggested all drive, so I wanted to feel the waters a little before going straight to them.

cheers guys.

#100 LPM_B4

LPM_B4

LPM_FOZ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 06:00 PM

Ichiban imports in ingleburn will be worth your while Benny and Scotty are very knowledgeable blokes 

I am sure many can agree

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users