• Please log in to reply
126 replies to this topic

#101 SAV84C

SAV84C

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,480 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 10:22 PM

Stay away from Alldrive Subaroo... I learnt the hard way... Was told to be reputable but their service was shit and over priced...

As above head to Ichiban

#102 FR34KO

FR34KO

GRANDMA's BOY

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,461 posts
  • Interests:SNOWBOARDING.

Posted 03 December 2014 - 05:25 PM

I hadn't even given Ichiban consideration.. I suppose because it's a bit of a trek. Cheers fellas

#103 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts
  • Interests:tl;dr

Posted 11 December 2014 - 01:06 PM

If you try and skip peak hour traffic in the morning and afternoon, ICHIban is your best bet as it takes me approximately 20 minutes from Canterbury. I was gonna give All Drive Subaroo a go a couple of years back but have been extremely happy with the workmanship and service Ben and Scott provide. I believe All Drive Subaroo to be way overpriced as well after making a few enquiries, especially when comparing them to the quotes I've received from ICHIban.

Wanting to buy/looking for: single genuine STi rim, genuine STi front lip, Corazon or Zero/Sports grille and another OEM grille

Can you hook a brother up? Please contact me now. I have cash ready.

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

2006 Liberty MY06 3.0R SpecB wagon

#104 FR34KO

FR34KO

GRANDMA's BOY

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 09:44 AM

This week I got some cheap used tyres as the fronts were really needing to be replaced, and a new battery as the old was very worse for wear and hadn't been holding charge for no more than 8 hours.

Last week I tightened the accessory belts as the power steering was squealing on cold start up and even while driving sometimes when I geared down. -Was actually very easy! And now there's a lot less play in the steering also which is great!

Heading up to newy tonight to have a crack on the beach tomorrow! Should be fun, missus is also coming in her Jimny. The Foz will get a solid clean inside and out after the trip 

#105 Harry88

Harry88

Soccer Mom

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,507 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 09:57 AM

Heading up to newy tonight to have a crack on the beach tomorrow! Should be fun, missus is also coming in her Jimny. The Foz will get a solid clean inside and out after the trip 

Neato. Make sure you snap a few pics!

#106 FR34KO

FR34KO

GRANDMA's BOY

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 12:44 PM

I will indeed. Recently got a new phone, so I have 20.7MP and a clear, unscratched lens wherever I go

#107 FR34KO

FR34KO

GRANDMA's BOY

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 06:32 PM

A few shots from some recent weekends.

Last week I headed up to Colo and then over to Newcastle. On the way to Newy I pulled off the road after a bridge as I saw a large patch of sand by a river. I was travelling with my missus in her stock Suzuki Jimny, and her brother in an older Sierra. He has large tyres with nubs so offroading is great for him. Sadly, I got bogged as I was sliding and couldn't turn.. Pulled the foz out relatively easy with the Sierra. Upon reaching Blacksmiths we quickly decided we would not be taking my foz on the sand. It was very soft sand and the sierra struggled at times. Deflated the tyres more and it was sweet. The Jimny bottomed out numerous times but luckily some guys had recovery tracks. Overall, it was fun...!

Oh and in Colo we went 4WD'ing but not with the foz. We replaced that with an unroadworthy Sierra which lives there. MUCH FUN

Instagram edits...

IMG_20141230_082954_zpsa95273da.jpg

IMG_20141227_201942_zps5729f805.jpg

IMG_20141227_184501_zps96d790a0.jpg

IMG_20150110_234506_zps5cf78513.jpg

IMG_20150110_143636_zps4b0e78b8.jpg

IMG_20150110_191804_zps92c8d717.jpg

Swift engine in this thing...

IMG_20150110_072333_zps79476fd2.jpg

DSC_0402_zps945be559.jpg

We removed the doors for a bit

DSC_0449_zps7720239d.jpg

DSC_0447_zpsef48f0c3.jpg

DSC_0451_zps0f898c44.jpg

I'll upload a couple more pics in the days to come, along with a video of the white Sierra pulling me out of the sand :D

#108 Adam

Adam

Snack down!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46,970 posts
  • Interests:Not knowing things about stuff

Posted 13 January 2015 - 07:03 PM

Awesome pics man :)

Posted Image

#109 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 07:29 PM

I love it when people make full use of their cars. Nice pics man. I think you need white or silver oh black number plates though...

Wanting to buy/looking for: single genuine STi rim, genuine STi front lip, Corazon or Zero/Sports grille and another OEM grille

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

#110 Harry88

Harry88

Soccer Mom

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,507 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 07:41 PM

That's awesome man! I really like that roof basket too.

#111 FR34KO

FR34KO

GRANDMA's BOY

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 08:22 PM

I love it when people make full use of their cars. Nice pics man. I think you need white or silver oh black number plates though...

This is on sunday, missus is moving out. Packed to the brim. Tetris game on point.

Wagon fo lyf.

DSC_0457_zps1951a60c.jpg

DSC_0462_zps6dcd7118.jpg

As for the plates, I'm going to get some new ones when I can justify it. Not a huge necessity despite them looking like utter shit haha. I was even considering the black with blue writing.. thoughts? If not, it would be the black with metallic silver writing. 

#112 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 09:03 PM

Tetris level 90 complete.

Those rims complete the car man. They look awesome.

As for the plates, I went with metallic silver on black. You can change just the styling of the plates for a one-off fee of $99. That's if they haven't increased their prices. I bit the bullet and got personalised ones.

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

#113 Morgan

Morgan

...jus waitin' 4 a m8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,485 posts
  • Interests:Taking a poo

Posted 13 January 2015 - 11:57 PM

Awesome!

IM47Gcv.jpg

#114 aekOne

aekOne

Boss Pelican

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,349 posts
  • Interests:Regulating

Posted 14 January 2015 - 08:00 AM

filter level 90! ;)

foz is looking tidy dan

: My Liberty :

signature_1_35.jpg

#115 FR34KO

FR34KO

GRANDMA's BOY

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 04:44 PM

MMM I think I went a bit too filter heavy... Looks better on a small phone screen...

How long ago did you get the plates gary? I believe the standard colour ones are $160 odd, black with coloured writing is 250; yellow and black is 49; and white and black is 99. forking money grabbing POS. It was 99 for my coloured ones a while ago.

And I think it's a $90p/a fee on top of that! What bullshit!

#116 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 04:49 PM

You only pay the annual fee if you go with the personalised plates, but changing the colour of your current letter/number combination is a one-off fee. I got mine a couple of months ago man. Mine were personalised and I changed the colour so they were pretty expensive and I pay the annual fee.

They must've increased the prices...

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

#117 FR34KO

FR34KO

GRANDMA's BOY

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 09:55 PM

Personalised meaning any change to the letter/numerical content? That sucks. I do keep to the templates and thus it is really annoying how they bleed you every year for something minor like choosing the characters. As if that warrants an annual fee?

I could consider just getting colour; but I'm kinda keen to get a particular saying on my plates :(

#118 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 12:00 AM

Correct. And I agree. Not only do you have to pay for the number plate (and/or the remainder of your current number plate to expiry), but you get shafted even if you change one letter or number.

I just bit the bullet and got my personalised ones. It's something that I'll keep forever pretty much, as in, I didn't relate it to my car or Subaru's. If I'm spending that money I wanna hope that I can carry it over to any future vehicle I own.

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

#119 Rustyrobertson

Rustyrobertson

Boxer this, Boxer that, Boxer EVERYTHING!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 07:33 AM

where have i been, living under a rock? sad to see the lib gone, but very happy to see you've upgrade to a awesome foz :) loving the pics you have been shooting :)

#120 FR34KO

FR34KO

GRANDMA's BOY

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 06:43 AM

I had to sell the Foz :'(

She had developed some problems and the repair costs of it all really started to add up. Sold it for a low price, which obviously sucks, but I'd already set in motion plans to build a house on the central coast, so that's the priority.

I've bought a replacement.. It's a suby, I couldn't not! It's a 91 Liberty wagon, perfect as that's my birth year also! I picked her up for close to nothing & she's at the mech getting a few things done to get a blue slip and rego. I'll create a build thread for it in due time :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users