#21 XXB4XX

XXB4XX

Gn IV GT / No longer B4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts
  • Interests:None

Posted 26 February 2009 - 09:29 AM

for insurance purposes, they want to know what makes the car illegal, or if something is legal, what it's worth to cover it and the car, all you have to worry about is the lowering, exhaust and BOV.. ECU, they can never tell, Clutch, they can never tell, HID's are nothing, Intake is up to you, but you can cover it too.. what sticker? call justcar or young and cool.. when I was with shannons, i told them about the lowering / exhaust / gauges / BOV so they can all be covered in theft,

#22 JMP

JMP

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 09:33 AM

you'll notice a line about "Full Disclosure" on your insurance policy. This is the "get out of jail" card for the insurance company if you're in an at-fault claim and they need to find a way to not pay out. Basically, inform them about anything that's not standard on the car. If you're not at fault in the accident the assesors wont be looking for items to void your policy, as someone else will be paying for the repairs/write-off

#23 WillC

WillC

Scrappy Coco the 2nd! Disc0 Disc0

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts
  • Interests:Suby, HOONda, Chasing magical unicorns, turbos. Fruit loops
    Most things with a pulse. Most things that tick and have electric.

Posted 26 February 2009 - 10:31 AM

you'll notice a line about "Full Disclosure" on your insurance policy. This is the "get out of jail" card for the insurance company if you're in an at-fault claim and they need to find a way to not pay out.

Basically, inform them about anything that's not standard on the car.

If you're not at fault in the accident the assesors wont be looking for items to void your policy, as someone else will be paying for the repairs/write-off

Thanks mate.. that was my reason for trying to find out what "ISN'T" standard. I was going to inform the insurance company about all changes.

Cheers

Will C

Toy's Garry

Address : 8/88 Seville Street
Fairfield East NSW 2161
PH : (02) 9755 9882

#24 Xon

Xon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 10:46 AM

If you're not at fault in the accident the assesors wont be looking for items to void your policy, as someone else will be paying for the repairs/write-off

There's the moral of the story.
Always be on the ball and be on the receiving side of the accident :lol:

I would have gone to the kitchen, collected a brown bag, dropped my dacks, pinched off a loaf in said bag, done up dacks, stickytaped bag, placed bag in envelope, and mailed it right to your face for being such a tool.

It's ok, sometimes when we herp, we also derp.

#25 Soop

Soop

Suck, squeeze, bang, blow.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 11:39 AM

Um..... Did not *EVERYONE* tell you these things about two months *BEFORE* you did all this? Next you'll be worried about driving due to the fact its a modified vehicle, and therfore illegal for you to drive. All this effort and still no turbots.....
TSM

#26 Blaeven

Blaeven

The Renowned

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 11:53 AM

Um.....

Did not *EVERYONE* tell you these things about two months *BEFORE* you did all this?

paul... dude...

shut up

i know

2mmwi1w.jpg

#27 Soop

Soop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 11:54 AM

Well wtf do you want people to tell you? That it'll be alright and there's nothing to worry about?
TSM

#28 Blaeven

Blaeven

The Renowned

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 12:04 PM

Well wtf do you want people to tell you?
That it'll be alright and there's nothing to worry about?

no... i want people to tell me what they think or what their experiences are...

not to come on here saying "i told you so"

i know i F**ked up and should have done more research... but it's too late now... so i just have to do what i can to make everything alright...

i don't need your snide remarks captain KBwarrior

2mmwi1w.jpg

#29 ams

ams

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29,212 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 12:15 PM

i don't need your snide remarks captain KBwarrior

Hai, welcome to the internet, you must be new here.

Soop's gonna chip in his 2 cents if you want it or not, you should know that.

Ugh i could ramble on for forking days about this stuff.

#30 Xon

Xon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 12:33 PM

I think Tristan needs a new title now that he's not "gunna"?

I would have gone to the kitchen, collected a brown bag, dropped my dacks, pinched off a loaf in said bag, done up dacks, stickytaped bag, placed bag in envelope, and mailed it right to your face for being such a tool.

It's ok, sometimes when we herp, we also derp.

#31 Scuba-Roo

Scuba-Roo

The local

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,960 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 12:37 PM

From what T told me the teins arent ADR applied. where is the ECU? under the dash behind panals and wirring?IMHO i cant imagine anyone pulling it apart just to see it. I "think" the engineer will be more worried about how the engine is bolted down and with what crossmeber etc

Subyclub, The place where random internet weirdos become good mates

#32 Blaeven

Blaeven

The Renowned

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 01:02 PM

Hai, welcome to the internet, you must be new here.

Soop's gonna chip in his 2 cents if you want it or not, you should know that.

yeh... i know...

but srsly... has poop actually constructively added to this forum since he sold his subaru??

edit:

spent my lunch break making calls:

http://www.rta.nsw.g..._4_nov_2008.pdf

spoke to Peter Goudie (who is on that list as an RTA certified Engineer)
he said it needs emissions test before engineer’s certificate (but he isn't doing car certificates currently... so i've still got to find someone to do it.. he also said that having a modifiable aftermarket computer should be alright because they can’t accuse anyone of what they 'might' do... including retuning it... just like someone might swap stuff to stock to get a certificate and then change it back later... even if the engineer knows you are lying when you say that you drive it just as a stocko

Emissions testing is at Penrith motor registry... booked in for 11am on Monday... that Peter guy said that the volume of my car shouldn't come into question because they don't check noise emissions... (though it may be a problem when getting it engineered)

i've called a few engineers, left messages and are waiting callbacks...

if anyone knows an engineer that can see me on monday (after 11.30), that would be awesome!! cos i'm using up my last day of leave to go to penrith on monday...

EDIT AGAIN:

just spoke to Terry N Toomey who said that he wouldn't engineer the car with a programmable ECU because i could have it tuned a certain way just to pass the emissions...

which is bullshit because it's like saying i'm not going to engineer your car because in the future you might drill holes in the exhaust...

if i change the tune in the future, one would assume it must pass emissions and get engineered again...

but i wouldn't think that they could refuse engineering it because of the computer...

maybe from now on i just play dumb about the computer...??

"is it programmable?"
"i don't know"

2mmwi1w.jpg

#33 Soop

Soop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 02:06 PM

Don't even tell them about the ECU. How can you seriously expect them to beleive that you went through the trouble of putting a new one in and know NOTHING about it? I've given you plenty of help/advice on here, ozfailboat and msn. Wether you choose to listen or accept it is a totally different matter. So get of your f*cken high horse and think before acting, If you did you wouldn't be in this situation. If you think I'm being a keyboard warrior, PM me I'll give you my phone number and tell you the exact same thing.
TSM

#34 B4TT

B4TT

Soviet Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39,547 posts
  • Interests:Rodina-Mat

Posted 26 February 2009 - 02:25 PM

Would the Standard B4 not pass an engineers certificate then because it is Re-programmable and I might re-tune it after an emmissions test... what a crock of shit.. that's F**ktarded

#35 ams

ams

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29,212 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 02:27 PM

Would the Standard B4 not pass an engineers certificate

It wouldn't make it past the aids test.

Ugh i could ramble on for forking days about this stuff.

#36 B4TT

B4TT

Soviet Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39,547 posts
  • Interests:Rodina-Mat

Posted 26 February 2009 - 02:28 PM

LOL!.... Freaking Aids!!! pisses me off! sick of teh aidz

#37 Blaeven

Blaeven

The Renowned

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 02:46 PM

another update: Booked for engineers certificate on Monday afternoon the guys said that programmable ECUs are deffinately Illegal and better off out of sight out of mind... what a champ... 3pm monday... wonder if i'll have enough time to drive to cardiff and get the struts fixed beween the emissions test and the engineer cert... hmmm

2mmwi1w.jpg

#38 Dylan

Dylan

Almost gen2 time.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,236 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 02:47 PM

Yup. You think you are running a standard ECU from the Gen4 you got the engine from. Easy. Because you don't know, you can provide the number of the place that did the conversion for you (who can also verify it's a factory ECU). That should work.

#39 DukeNik'em

DukeNik'em

Car Sl#t

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,662 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 02:51 PM

Hey Tristan, are you more confident in it passing the regulations up here in Sunny QLD? Having everything registered and approved on a vehicle in one state and driving it in another state is a piece of p*ss. Brother has his car and personalized plates registered up here in QLD, so it's theoretically a QLD car, but he drives it full time in Sydney. All you need is a QLD address. Same deal with the STi, it's a QLD car living in WA, the new STi is getting the same deal as well, and pretty sure the Foz is done as well, we do it so we can keep our personalised plates, but you could do the exact same thing to keep it all legal, just need QLD plates. Just find a close relative in QLD and have the car registered to that address. This is all if you want it get it under the QLD laws, which are only a tad laxer than NSW's, and the fact it was engineered in QLD should help. Nick

If thy tint is dark and thy wheels are black thou car be declared b11tchin'

So you can run it on 6psi with an rx fuel pump? :P

#40 Blaeven

Blaeven

The Renowned

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 02:57 PM

Hey Tristan, are you more confident in it passing the regulations up here in Sunny QLD?

Having everything registered and approved on a vehicle in one state and driving it in another state is a piece of p*ss. Brother has his car and personalized plates registered up here in QLD, so it's theoretically a QLD car, but he drives it full time in Sydney. All you need is a QLD address. Same deal with the STi, it's a QLD car living in WA, the new STi is getting the same deal as well, and pretty sure the Foz is done as well, we do it so we can keep our personalised plates, but you could do the exact same thing to keep it all legal, just need QLD plates. Just find a close relative in QLD and have the car registered to that address. This is all if you want it get it under the QLD laws, which are only a tad laxer than NSW's, and the fact it was engineered in QLD should help.

Nick

the major difference afaik is that i don't think tunable ecus aren't illegal in QLD...

2mmwi1w.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users