Photo

The SC Mutha-Flippin GT - What's a 4rum?

• Please log in to reply
1627 replies to this topic

#1421 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts
  • Interests:Subarus, 4wd'n Subarus, travelling Subarus, Tinkering... I could go on!

Posted 22 September 2021 - 10:25 AM

Dammit! I missed the earthquake!!

https://7news.com.au...-city-c-4033870

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
https://www.imageshack.us/i/po1BKrxbj
1BKrxb.jpg
El Freddo's Pics    -    El_Freddo's youtube

#1422 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts
  • Interests:tl;dr

Posted 22 September 2021 - 12:28 PM

Hope everything in Mexico is safe and sound. Seems like it isn't stopping the damn riots though...

Bloody clowns wanting their two seconds of "fame" interrupting reporters doing their jobs.

Wanting to buy/looking for: single genuine STi rim, genuine STi front lip, Corazon or Zero/Sports grille and another OEM grille

Can you hook a brother up? Please contact me now. I have cash ready.

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

2006 Liberty MY06 3.0R SpecB wagon

#1423 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts
  • Interests:Subarus, 4wd'n Subarus, travelling Subarus, Tinkering... I could go on!

Posted 22 September 2021 - 07:13 PM

I feel for the tradies that are actually there to protest for their cause - only to apparently be hijacked by our societies “extremists”. Dunno how you’d manage the group so that only union members were in attendance for events like this.

Hopefully no one in that group has covid...

I remember back in the day when “super spreader” referred to a piece of farm equipment that was used to spread fertiliser around the paddocks! How times have changed!!

Cheers

Bennie
1BKrxb.jpg

#1424 RX25SE

RX25SE

...............Car nerd................ now a H6 pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts
  • Interests:Cars with chrome bumpers!

Posted 22 September 2021 - 08:33 PM

Dammit! I missed the earthquake!!

https://7news.com.au...-city-c-4033870

Bennie

Bugger.

At first I thought it was a huge possum on the roof as it started with the roof rattling at one end of the house, then moved across to the other end.
When the front door started shaking I realised it wasn't a possum!!

I don't have much sympathy for the CFMEU. Why the fork can't they just have smoko somewhere that that's not a lunch room? Pretty sure hospital staff working in the COVID wards don't give two forks where they have lunch..

If I told you I was a compulsive liar, would you believe me?

#1425 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Stereos, Electrical

Posted 23 September 2021 - 12:38 PM

I personally reckon they can get over it. You don't need a specially built smoko room. Do what every other tradie does and bring a mini Esky lunch box with you. Sit down on the job site and eat it where you're working...
Today's union tradies are just privileged pansies who get their knickers in a knot the moment they get asked to do something that everyone else has been doing since day dot.

Not a fan of the unions, if you haven't already guessed... I understand that they had their place not that long ago, but these days they just take the piss. There's a reason every union job has cost overruns.

Had my first jab yesterday, and booked in for the next one mid October. Arms a bit sore today, but that's a standard vaccine reaction really.

Never even felt the quake yesterday, but then we're used to dropping lots of tonnes of rock during blasting, so that could be why...

Anyways, hope everyone is going well. Enjoy the long weekend peeps!

MY00 Red RX, a nice daily that was sold off once the B4 became reliable...
MY02 Blue B4, aka 'The Project' - v8 JDM STi engine package and assorted other 'goodies' - Sold, then bought back for parts. Stripped and crushed.
MY03 Blue RX, the newer old daily, pretty well more B4 than RX now... In the process of being converted to the track toy... Watch this space!
MY02 Silver Wagon, H6 conversion, full blue/black leather and almost full black interior to go with it.
MY03 White/Silver H6 Outback, donor car for silver waghoon.
MY97 Silver RX, acquired to become track car, but plans changed. To be stripped and scrapped in time.

#1426 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 23 September 2021 - 10:24 PM

Is that all they’re protesting about? I haven’t followed what it’s all about, just see snippets here and there. I don’t understand how attacking their own union office achieves anything other than coatings it’s members more in fees... and the protest at the shrine was disgraceful to say the least. Surprised to see/hear police resorted to rubber bullets.

Good stuff on the jab Ben, which one did you get?

Cheers

Bennie
1BKrxb.jpg

#1427 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Stereos, Electrical

Posted 26 September 2021 - 10:16 AM

That's what started the whole shemozzle. Government closed down the crib rooms citing the covid outbreaks at sites a week or so ago, and put construction workers on the list for priority vaccination. Then when they announced that they were going to have mandatory vacs for the industry, they cracked it and went on the rampage. I reckon they should have employed those tactics earlier, but I also get that they need to wait for bullshittery to happen before they can pull the big boy tools out of the chest.

Managed to get Pfizer thankfully. Was booked in for AZ this week, but cancelled that and booked in for October first shot of Pfizer. Then work said they had free slots for it on Wednesday, jumped on that and going to use my October appointment for my second jab.

Hope everyone is going well!

Cheers,
Ben

MY00 Red RX, a nice daily that was sold off once the B4 became reliable...
MY02 Blue B4, aka 'The Project' - v8 JDM STi engine package and assorted other 'goodies' - Sold, then bought back for parts. Stripped and crushed.
MY03 Blue RX, the newer old daily, pretty well more B4 than RX now... In the process of being converted to the track toy... Watch this space!
MY02 Silver Wagon, H6 conversion, full blue/black leather and almost full black interior to go with it.
MY03 White/Silver H6 Outback, donor car for silver waghoon.
MY97 Silver RX, acquired to become track car, but plans changed. To be stripped and scrapped in time.

#1428 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 14 October 2021 - 09:45 AM

:fork: me! 2297 new cases in Vic!!! And 11 deaths ;(

And here we are, about to open up again. It doesn’t make sense and is a bit beyond belief! I for one will not be out and about living it up.

Bennie
1BKrxb.jpg

#1429 TSG

TSG

Cured

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 26 October 2021 - 12:18 PM

:walts:

Hi.

Where I live, my nearest Subaru service centre (on the way to work, when I'm not on a remote work day) was City Subaru Toowong. They closed after being open for decades. The service department temporarily moved into a warehouse shared with Westpoint Honda - which was super awkward. They've now taken up a section of the Indooroopilly shopping centre carpark. Yeah, not a Kmart Tyre and Auto, not an Ultra Tune - Subaru. It's not a warehouse either, it's literally the carpark from what I can see in the photos.

The car only needs a log booked oil change, so I've booked it in (they called me). It sounds convenient, but also terrifying.

So your car needs extra work - or they don't have parts. It has to stay at the 'workshop' for a couple of days, so it lives in a shopping centre carpark that anyone can access??? What about parts availability?

Also, Subaru's have never been terribly attractive machines, but the 'new' WRX is taking the piss. I'm certainly losing confidence in the brands longevity, perhaps the shift to EV's might change that.

#1430 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 28 October 2021 - 07:52 PM

^ that sounds super dodgy to me. Must be sad to see a strong independent business seemingly on its knees trying to survive like this.

On a lighter note, anyone else enjoying these storms in Mexico?

Cheers

Bennie
1BKrxb.jpg

#1431 RX25SE

RX25SE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts

Posted 29 October 2021 - 04:01 PM

I was out and about last night Bennie. The light show was really cool, but the car in front of me drove straight ahead from a right turn lane and nearly slammed head on into a light pole! Mustn't have been paying attention..

#1432 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 30 October 2021 - 09:49 AM

Geez Jase that’s nuts!

Also the traffic on the Calder northwest of Bendigo was off tap - Melbournian exodus to the Vic regions! Like rats from a sinking ship!! About every third car was NOT towing a caravan or boat. Never seen anything like it before, and so far from Melbs too!

Cheers

Bennie
1BKrxb.jpg

#1433 RX25SE

RX25SE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts

Posted 30 October 2021 - 10:56 AM

It does seem like everyone is leaving town.
We had a weekend booked in the Dandenongs for my partners birthday (there was still a 25km limit when I booked it) but had to change plans when the storm hit.
The accommodation has no power along with the rest of the Dandenongs but they do have a generator. Problem is, they shut it off at 11pm and start it up at 7am, so no late night movies in front of the fire...
I have cancelled it and we are now staying in the CBD!

I'm planning on heading to Bendigo in a few weeks, hopefully thing have calmed a bit by then!

#1434 TSG

TSG

Cured

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 15 November 2021 - 06:33 PM

^ that sounds super dodgy to me. Must be sad to see a strong independent business seemingly on its knees trying to survive like this.

Service happened today. You pull up to a waiting area at what looks like a Budget rental booth at an airport. You can't see the workshop, but from a distance outside the centre you can see a large white shed on top of the carpark, above that booth. The staff were friendly enough, but I didn't feel it was the same as rocking up to a proper Subaru service centre. It will be diluted with more makes and models going forward. I also didn't get my 6 month supply of Subaru honey (weird thing my local Subaru used to do).

The service itself was your typical Subaru service, Subaru paperwork, genuine parts etc. Admittedly this was the most convenient location for me as I can jump on the train and I'm at work in 15-20min. I reckon if the car needed more than the oil dropped they'll ask you to take it to their one and only Subaru Dealership on the otherside of town. I'm not entirely sold on the idea, it cheapens the experience a bit - but the car has its log booked oil change and upper engine clean. 

https://www.ampcapit...utomall-concept

Speaking of cars with CVT's, my mums Honda City had a bearing go in the transmission. It still worked fine, but it would grumble/whine at certain speeds. Apparently a pretty rare failure and Honda are thankfully replacing the transmission outside of warranty because of the cars service history. But the quote to replace the transmission was unbelievable, they wanted $15000. That's what the car itself is worth! lol. My father was not going to pay that anyway.

#1435 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 18 November 2021 - 09:54 PM

Yeh that doesn’t sound great.

And $15G for a replacement box?! Sounds like one of those designs that aim to have the consumer move on to a new vehicle! Bloody lucky the dealer honoured the warranty work - very unusual from what ppl say about dealerships.

Cheers

Bennie
1BKrxb.jpg

#1436 TSG

TSG

Cured

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 25 November 2021 - 04:35 PM

And $15G for a replacement box?! Sounds like one of those designs that aim to have the consumer move on to a new vehicle! Bloody lucky the dealer honoured the warranty work - very unusual from what ppl say about dealerships.

My uncle in Sydney had it happen to his 2003 V6 Honda Accord over a decade ago, I think they had a 6 speed auto in them that was made of glass. The dealer also changed that gearbox outside of warranty.

But yes, particularly on these cheaper cars. If you were unable to get a replacement from a wrecker, the car would be a write-off. Which is a huge waste for a Honda, the motor has years ahead of it with only 60k on the clock.

#1437 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts

Posted 28 November 2021 - 08:59 PM

Great; another strain has hit our shores... Everyone ready for Christmas lockdowns and another shit start to a new year?

What the hell is wrong with South Africa and creating new variants?

Wanting to buy/looking for: single genuine STi rim, genuine STi front lip, Corazon or Zero/Sports grille and another OEM grille

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

#1438 RX25SE

RX25SE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts

Posted 29 November 2021 - 06:27 AM

Chairman Dan says no more lockdowns Gaz!!

I believe him...  :ph34r:

#1439 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 29 November 2021 - 06:45 PM

All the leaders are saying no more lockdowns. Time will tell... I’ll be on the cautious side of things, not that I go out of my way to be in the community if I don’t have to be...

It’ll be interesting to see how damaging this variant is. And this will probably continue to happen until we get world wide vaccination rates up high so the virus can’t find a decent number of unvaccinated people to mutate within.

Cheers

Bennie
1BKrxb.jpg

#1440 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts

Posted 29 November 2021 - 09:59 PM

Chairman Dan says no more lockdowns Gaz!!

I believe him...  :ph34r:

Let's hope he sticks to it... I'm over lockdowns!

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users