Photo

The SC Mutha-Flippin GT - What's a 4rum?

• Please log in to reply
1627 replies to this topic

#1461 RX25SE

RX25SE

...............Car nerd................ now a H6 pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts
  • Interests:Cars with chrome bumpers!

Posted 29 January 2022 - 08:46 PM

Yeah, all good here thanks Bennie.

I'm glad the humidity is almost gone, it was really starting to give me the shits. We only have evap air con which is marginal at the best of times IMO, but just made the house wet over the last few days!

In other news, it appears the missus and I have bought a house! (with evap air con  :dash2: ) If all the conditions are met, we settle at the end of March.

Hopefully it works out, as today we told the owners of the house we are in now to give them the heads up and they were about to let us know they are returning to Oz near the end of the year.

If I told you I was a compulsive liar, would you believe me?

#1462 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts
  • Interests:Subarus, 4wd'n Subarus, travelling Subarus, Tinkering... I could go on!

Posted 30 January 2022 - 09:36 PM

That’s awesome news Jase! Where are you moving to? Mrs El_Freddo and I were given our marching orders for a vacant sale back in Sept, had to be out by Nov and in that 60 day periods we managed to buy, 30 day settle and move into our first home! No shed but that will come in time.

Congrats! Nuts time to be able to make such a big move into home ownership atm!

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
https://www.imageshack.us/i/po1BKrxbj
1BKrxb.jpg
El Freddo's Pics    -    El_Freddo's youtube

#1463 RX25SE

RX25SE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts

Posted 31 January 2022 - 02:33 PM

Wow, you timed that well Bennie. 30 day settlement is pretty tight!

We are off to Nth Ringwood/Warrandyte area if you know Melb at all. Less than 10min from where we are now.

Both the missus and I have been home owners before, and being in our early 50's, it feels less exciting than the first time around. She sold her's just recently (to help fund the new joint) and I got paid out when I split with the ex-wife as she stayed in the family home.

Main thing is the garage should be OK. It's a very deep double, and with the missus parking her car outside, it's all for me!!

You're right, nuts time to get into the market! Prices seem really high that's for sure.

#1464 RX25SE

RX25SE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts

Posted 05 February 2022 - 11:27 AM

So it seems bad news follows good news . .

My Dad passed away early this morning. Being unwell at the age of 96, not entirely unexpected.

#1465 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Stereos, Electrical

Posted 05 February 2022 - 05:15 PM

Oh shit. Condolences there Jase! Hope everyone is going ok in the family, including yourself!

Cheers,
Ben

MY00 Red RX, a nice daily that was sold off once the B4 became reliable...
MY02 Blue B4, aka 'The Project' - v8 JDM STi engine package and assorted other 'goodies' - Sold, then bought back for parts. Stripped and crushed.
MY03 Blue RX, the newer old daily, pretty well more B4 than RX now... In the process of being converted to the track toy... Watch this space!
MY02 Silver Wagon, H6 conversion, full blue/black leather and almost full black interior to go with it.
MY03 White/Silver H6 Outback, donor car for silver waghoon.
MY97 Silver RX, acquired to become track car, but plans changed. To be stripped and scrapped in time.

#1466 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts
  • Interests:Subarus, 4wd'n Subarus, travelling Subarus, Tinkering... I could go on!

Posted 06 February 2022 - 10:47 AM

Not good mate. We had Gma pass away last weekend at age 90. She got Covid in 2020 and apparently had undiagnosed pneumonia as a long term consequence or something. Either way, quick and unexpected to a degree, much like it sounds foe your Dad Jase. 96 is a good innings! I hope he was still doing things he enjoyed up until the end.

All the best with the funeral arrangements and tying off the ends of your Dad’s affairs.

Cheers

Bennie
1BKrxb.jpg

#1467 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 06 February 2022 - 10:59 AM

Wow, you timed that well Bennie. 30 day settlement is pretty tight!

Yeah it was tight, nail biting and stopped us from going bush like we usually do at the end of Sept. I didn’t realise how much I needed that trip until well beyond mid term.

I wouldn’t recommend a 30 day settlement for first home buyers! It’s insane and if you can do the longer settlement everything will be moving at a slower pace rather than almost needing everything yesterday! Also have ALL your ID documents sorted - birth certificates, passports (if you have them current), marriage certificate for proof of name change if your better half took your surname, this one almost had us unstuck, it got hectic.

But it’s done and dusted. Budgets adjusted, shed dreamed of for an ASAP install but it has to wait, all projects at a stand still. Certainly can’t complain about scoring a house in this climate on one income with kids, very grateful. We’re now paying less than we would renting in Benders (were out of town as we couldn’t afford in town, no biggie), and that includes other ownership overheads such as rates. Fuel use is definitely UP. Not a good time but we’re getting good at juggling one car in town for multiple uses as we’re still Bendigo-centric and will be for some time yet.

Cheers

Bennie
1BKrxb.jpg

#1468 RX25SE

RX25SE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts

Posted 06 February 2022 - 11:07 AM

Not good mate. We had Gma pass away last weekend at age 90. She got Covid in 2020 and apparently had undiagnosed pneumonia as a long term consequence or something. Either way, quick and unexpected to a degree, much like it sounds foe your Dad Jase. 96 is a good innings! I hope he was still doing things he enjoyed up until the end.

All the best with the funeral arrangements and tying off the ends of your Dads affairs.

Cheers

Bennie

Sorry to hear your have just lost your grandma Bennie. I guess when you are in your 90s, quick and unexpected is a blessing. Pneumonia also took Dad, however it may been from aspirating some food. Either way it was just over 24hrs from leaving the nursing home until his passing, somewhat if a blessing in that regard.

#1469 RX25SE

RX25SE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts

Posted 06 February 2022 - 11:14 AM

Yeah it was tight, nail biting and stopped us from going bush like we usually do at the end of Sept. I didnt realise how much I needed that trip until well beyond mid term.

I wouldnt recommend a 30 day settlement for first home buyers! Its insane and if you can do the longer settlement everything will be moving at a slower pace rather than almost needing everything yesterday! Also have ALL your ID documents sorted - birth certificates, passports (if you have them current), marriage certificate for proof of name change if your better half took your surname, this one almost had us unstuck, it got hectic.

But its done and dusted. Budgets adjusted, shed dreamed of for an ASAP install but it has to wait, all projects at a stand still. Certainly cant complain about scoring a house in this climate on one income with kids, very grateful. Were now paying less than we would renting in Benders (were out of town as we couldnt afford in town, no biggie), and that includes other ownership overheads such as rates. Fuel use is definitely UP. Not a good time but were getting good at juggling one car in town for multiple uses as were still Bendigo-centric and will be for some time yet.

Cheers

Bennie

Yep, the paperwork is nuts. The bank really drilled down into our financials.
In our case the sticking point was some of her docs showed a middle name and some didn't so the bank requested more info to prove her identity.
Broker phone yesterday to say loan is approved in principle and we should have a definite answer by Wednesday.
Last step is the bank valuation being close enough to the amount we offered. This was a special condition we added due to buying off market.

#1470 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 07 February 2022 - 09:35 PM

Thanks Jase.

Pneumonia also took Dad, however it may been from aspirating some food. Either way it was just over 24hrs from leaving the nursing home until his passing, somewhat if a blessing in that regard.

That’s what happened to Gma. She came around in hospital the day after she was found in her room unconscious during the breakfast collection. She seems to have been left for a long time without anyone checking in on her earlier. In hospital the same thing happened again and it was down hill from there quickly, which was good as our family didn’t want her hanging in there potentially for a week or so.

I’m glad for your dad that it was quick too. Hopefully he was well sedated at the time for a peaceful passing.

Yep, the paperwork is nuts. The bank really drilled down into our financials.
In our case the sticking point was some of her docs showed a middle name and some didn't so the bank requested more info to prove her identity.
Broker phone yesterday to say loan is approved in principle and we should have a definite answer by Wednesday.
Last step is the bank valuation being close enough to the amount we offered. This was a special condition we added due to buying off market.

Yeah with the Banking Royal Commission really screwed those that didn’t have a house. The detail needed in your finances was just plain intrusive. I get that the banks need to know you can repay the loan but that was over the top in my book. Anyway, glad it’s now done for us, and all the best for you guys too. You seem to know what to put in as a condition on the sale. I wish we knew more about this other than the subject to finance, building inspections and pest inspections. We should’ve added that all appliances work properly as does the plumbing and plumbing fixtures. Small thing, one of the toilets doesn’t work so we’re glad we have two. It’s on the to do list...

Cheers

Bennie
1BKrxb.jpg

#1471 Guest_KONG_*

Guest_KONG_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 February 2022 - 08:03 AM

Very sorry to hear about your dad, Hoony.
My condolences to you and your family.
Big hugs bro Xx

#1472 RX25SE

RX25SE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts

Posted 08 February 2022 - 08:47 AM

Very sorry to hear about your dad, Hoony.
My condolences to you and your family.
Big hugs bro Xx

Thanks Kong.
Big hugs to you too mate.

#1473 RX25SE

RX25SE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts

Posted 11 March 2022 - 01:16 PM

Been quiet around this thread.....

So apparently the party my family and I went to on Saturday night had COVID lurking.

My partner, her son and my eldest daughter are all positive!

Just waiting on my PCR from this morning, I hope it's positive so I can get it done and move on.

#1474 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts
  • Interests:tl;dr

Posted 11 March 2022 - 01:45 PM

I still lurk! It's good to see some people still visiting.

So sorry to hear about the bad news Jase. My condolences mate. Same to you as well for your grandma, El_Freddo.

A couple of things happening lately;

• Got a new job (no more working weekends or public holidays; thank fork).
  • Renting out our place to save up for a dream home later this year or beginning of next.

Wanting to buy/looking for: single genuine STi rim, genuine STi front lip, Corazon or Zero/Sports grille and another OEM grille

Can you hook a brother up? Please contact me now. I have cash ready.

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

2006 Liberty MY06 3.0R SpecB wagon

#1475 RX25SE

RX25SE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts

Posted 12 March 2022 - 07:57 PM

Is the new job in the same industry Gaz?

So, I tested negative. Weird seeing as I didn't isolate from the missus as she was symptom free up until Thursday night.

#1476 TSG

TSG

Cured

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 13 March 2022 - 03:35 AM

WRX STI axed. Suddenly previous gen STI's are worth 200k.

That is all.

#1477 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts

Posted 15 March 2022 - 12:44 PM

Is the new job in the same industry Gaz?

So, I tested negative. Weird seeing as I didn't isolate from the missus as she was symptom free up until Thursday night.

Not in the same industry. I actually work for the state government now which is awesome. Finally get my weekends and public holidays back, more time with the wife and family, I get paid for the time I work (not used and abused). I think it's just been the best move for me overall.

Lucky! There are heaps of stories like this where people are literally sleeping with their partners and not getting the virus. I'm booked in for the booster next week.

Wanting to buy/looking for: single genuine STi rim, genuine STi front lip, Corazon or Zero/Sports grille and another OEM grille

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

#1478 RX25SE

RX25SE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts

Posted 15 March 2022 - 07:10 PM

Sounds like life is good Gaz.

Great to hear!

#1479 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts

Posted 16 March 2022 - 08:22 AM

It definitely is made, really happy where things are and how they're going at the moment. Gotta look at the positives with all the negatives going around in the world lately.

Hope you've been well mate.

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

#1480 RX25SE

RX25SE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts

Posted 17 March 2022 - 12:42 PM

Yep, living the dream here too Gaz.

The 'new' (if you call 5+ years 'new') missus and I have just bought a house and we settle in 2 weeks.

After renting for the last 6 years, I can't wait to have a place where I can do whatever the fcuk I want to it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users