Photo

The SC Mutha-Flippin GT - What's a 4rum?

• Please log in to reply
1627 replies to this topic

#1501 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts
  • Interests:Subarus, 4wd'n Subarus, travelling Subarus, Tinkering... I could go on!

Posted 28 July 2022 - 10:31 PM

Ho4HNo.jpg

Must’ve been a typo. I noticed on Monday that it was replaced with a new banner that replaced “spending” with “speeding” which is the typical TAC advert!

In other news, not much going on other than working out shed size for the back yard. 8x12m too big?? Maybe, that’s what I’m worried about, mainly for our backyard being swallowed up. Need to find the sweet spot so we still have some yard left!

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
https://www.imageshack.us/i/po1BKrxbj
1BKrxb.jpg
El Freddo's Pics    -    El_Freddo's youtube

#1502 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Stereos, Electrical

Posted 29 July 2022 - 11:28 AM

Nope. Not too big. Mines 11x12 and I still find myself making walkways through it. But I have a car in there, plus a hoist in bits, and benches/shelves around 3 walls. And cos of how bloody wet it's been, I've been splitting and keeping wood in there as well. Can never have a shed that's too big.

MY00 Red RX, a nice daily that was sold off once the B4 became reliable...
MY02 Blue B4, aka 'The Project' - v8 JDM STi engine package and assorted other 'goodies' - Sold, then bought back for parts. Stripped and crushed.
MY03 Blue RX, the newer old daily, pretty well more B4 than RX now... In the process of being converted to the track toy... Watch this space!
MY02 Silver Wagon, H6 conversion, full blue/black leather and almost full black interior to go with it.
MY03 White/Silver H6 Outback, donor car for silver waghoon.
MY97 Silver RX, acquired to become track car, but plans changed. To be stripped and scrapped in time.

#1503 RX25SE

RX25SE

...............Car nerd................ now a H6 pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts
  • Interests:Cars with chrome bumpers!

Posted 29 July 2022 - 12:37 PM

8x12m too big??

Nah.
Never heard of anyone complaining their shed was too big!

If I told you I was a compulsive liar, would you believe me?

#1504 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts
  • Interests:Subarus, 4wd'n Subarus, travelling Subarus, Tinkering... I could go on!

Posted 29 July 2022 - 05:02 PM

Hehehe… I hear you both on that! Dads got a massive shed that I grew up with and that’s full too!

I just want to ensure there’s still some back yard left for the little ones to run/ride around and play in. Also need room for the chooks and the vege patch. An easement along our left side when looking at the property reduces options of where the shed can go, ideally it would go where the easement is! Anyway, still got to look into cost since it’s tax time - only way we can get it done! Other thing is to work out how tall to get it as I’d like a hoist or two (dreaming!) - but don’t want to over shadow our neighbour’s back yard as it’s on the Easter side side of the block… decisions decisions!

Cheers

Bennie
1BKrxb.jpg

#1505 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 22 August 2022 - 09:34 PM

Whinge rant: I had a car with what I assume was auto dipping headlights. I was about 400m ahead of this vehicle for about 20km - and their headlights didn’t recognise my tail lights and had trouble recognising lights from oncoming traffic at a distance at times. So I got to enjoy shitty HID high beam in my mirrors without oncoming traffic and then said auto dipping flashing high beam on then off again, sometimes several times in quick succession with approaching vehicles.

This was all after sundown with heavy cloud cover and rain. The usual courtesy on open roads is to keep your headlights dipped if there’s a vehicle in front of you up ahead. If they’re a solid km or more ahead I might use my high beams without the driving lights.

It made for frustrating driving and I considered pulling over in town to wave a finger at them then hit them with my high beam (not fantastic atm, work in progress there). But in the end I couldn’t see any advantage to that so I turned off for home and hoped not to experience that again.

End whinge/rant.

Bennie
1BKrxb.jpg

#1506 RX25SE

RX25SE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts

Posted 23 August 2022 - 12:34 PM

Yeah some cars auto dip better than others, the newer stuff being better. My missus has a MY20 SantaFe that does a pretty good job of it.

I agree, nothing worse than some muppet that gives zero fcuks following you with hi-beams on.

#1507 Guest_KONG_*

Guest_KONG_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 August 2022 - 03:50 PM

Hi cubts, the misso's 21 Mazda 3 is quite bad on the auto dip. Cops flashed us because of it last week. I told her she needs to read the manual and turn that crap off.

#1508 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 23 August 2022 - 05:57 PM

Yep, echo those sentiments Bennie. I test drove something Nissan a while back with auto high beams. Tried them coming back into town that night.
B double coming out of town did not enjoy them, and I copped full force truck high beams for my troubles.
Turned them off after that. Another one of those gimmicks I reckon.

Do not rate them. Been on the receiving end of them a few weeks ago as well. Need to put the spotlight back on the wagon I think. Too many people are relying on electronics to drive these days.

Hope people are all ok!

MY02 Blue B4, aka 'The Project' - v8 JDM STi engine package and assorted other 'goodies' - Sold, then bought back for parts. Stripped and crushed.
MY03 Blue RX, the newer old daily, pretty well more B4 than RX now... In the process of being converted to the track toy... Watch this space!
MY02 Silver Wagon, H6 conversion, full blue/black leather and almost full black interior to go with it.
MY97 Silver RX, acquired to become track car, but plans changed. To be stripped and scrapped in time.

#1509 RX25SE

RX25SE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts

Posted 24 August 2022 - 10:04 AM

Mmm, maybe I'm driving the wrong cars!! :)

ZB Commodore VX-R has LED matrix, so it leaves the hi-beams on when approaching another vehicle but 'tracks' it to keep the oncoming car in a 'dark spot' so they don't get glare. So weird seeing the hi-beam dash light on, with a car coming towards you!

#1510 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 25 August 2022 - 03:53 PM

That sounds like it's useful Jase. Until someone puts additional lighting on lol

#1511 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 18 September 2022 - 08:09 PM

pZQepX.jpg

This sign is always modified. It stayed this way for a good week or two and was just replaced last week. Someone gets creative, this is their most out there one.

I bet the TAC would love to catch up with whoever is responsible for these sign changes! Pretty funny though. The new banner is printed and I cant see how theyll change it this time since its about seatbelts - something like seatbelts save lives (when theyre on)

It was a busy end to the term! Im off to WA next week to hang out with a good mate and his ride - Hatchie. Id love to be driving over but thats sadly not happening this time.

Cheers

Bennie
1BKrxb.jpg

#1512 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 18 September 2022 - 08:42 PM

That's hilarious Bennie. Bloody love it! Nothing a bit of paint won't fix, but changing it becomes a bit of a mission then.

Cheers,
Ben

#1513 RX25SE

RX25SE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts

Posted 20 September 2022 - 08:04 AM

Someone has a sense of humor.😁

Good times in WA by the sounds if it Bennie!

#1514 TSG

TSG

Cured

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 23 September 2022 - 03:52 PM

Mmm, maybe I'm driving the wrong cars!! :)

ZB Commodore VX-R has LED matrix, so it leaves the hi-beams on when approaching another vehicle but 'tracks' it to keep the oncoming car in a 'dark spot' so they don't get glare. So weird seeing the hi-beam dash light on, with a car coming towards you!

My fathers BMW 'looks away' too, it is kinda trippy to watch.

Our Prado dips automatically pretty well, but I get poor cvnts accusing me of having high beams on, even when its not, on a weekly basis. They try to 'blind me back' with their high beams from the otherside of the intersection. Flicking them on for real sorts it out usually.

The WRX does a pretty poor effort with its auto dimming, the high beam is not LED, so its a yellow colour. I rarely need it anyway because the regular LED's are bright enough.

Speaking of the Prado, Toyota gouged half my rim last service during a tyre change. Then the following week did a half arsed repair with overspray on the brand new tyre. Now they're saying they're going to get me a new wheel, admitting fault. But haven't heard back from them since Tuesday. So that's been pretty shit.

#1515 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 28 September 2022 - 05:34 PM

You’d think with all that Toyota tax they collect they’d have one waiting for you!

That or it’s smoke and mirrors. Customer is happy then forgets about it…

Side note. WA is awesome as usual. Had a ripper time here! We did the Holland track with four lifted Brumbys one lifted MY wagon and the rare MY hatch. Only had two EA81s on the trip, the rest had EJs under the bonnet, mainly the EJ22. They can’t get enough of them over here!!

It’s sad that in 24hrs I’ll be in the air headed back to the puddle that is Victoria from what I’ve heard. Good time had though!

Cheers

Bennie
1BKrxb.jpg

#1516 RX25SE

RX25SE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts

Posted 02 October 2022 - 10:28 PM

So I just bought a French car...

#1517 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 03 October 2022 - 04:57 AM

Ok Jase, tell us more. Imma guessing Citroen or Peugeot.

#1518 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 03 October 2022 - 07:22 PM

You poor bugger! As if the inflation wasnt bad enough :P

Cheers

Bennie
1BKrxb.jpg

#1519 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts
  • Interests:tl;dr

Posted 04 October 2022 - 08:17 AM

What'd you get Jase?

Hi all. Hope everyone is doing well.

Wanting to buy/looking for: single genuine STi rim, genuine STi front lip, Corazon or Zero/Sports grille and another OEM grille

Can you hook a brother up? Please contact me now. I have cash ready.

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

2006 Liberty MY06 3.0R SpecB wagon

#1520 RX25SE

RX25SE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts

Posted 06 October 2022 - 12:38 PM

Farkin Renault..... :dash2:

Bog stock standard, one owner, 119km, full dealer service

Sport 225 Cup

2005 Megane 225 Sport Cup

2.0t 225hp, 6mt, 18x8, 235/40 tyres, Brembo, drilled rotors, etc

At least its a bit of a hottie. 

Hi all. Hope everyone is doing well.

Hey Gaz

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users