Photo

The SC Mutha-Flippin GT - What's a 4rum?

• Please log in to reply
1625 replies to this topic

#1481 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,868 posts
  • Interests:tl;dr

Posted 18 March 2022 - 12:42 PM

Great stuff mate! That's amazing news, congratulations! Jess and I are looking at buying a house at the end of this year or beginning of next.

It's the best feeling mate. I'm really happy for you both and wish you both all the best.

Wanting to buy/looking for: single genuine STi rim, genuine STi front lip, Corazon or Zero/Sports grille and another OEM grille

Can you hook a brother up? Please contact me now. I have cash ready.

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

2006 Liberty MY06 3.0R SpecB wagon

#1482 TSG

TSG

Cured

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 18 March 2022 - 01:17 PM

Lucky! There are heaps of stories like this where people are literally sleeping with their partners and not getting the virus.

I also appear to be immune to this thing, have been a close contact a few times. I had to get my booster right when QLD opened up due to work, nearly everyone I knew (including my parents) copped omicron at that point. But the younger ones had it mild, and I had nothing at all. It is weird how it drastically affects some but not others. It knocked my parents around, they're fine though.

#1483 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,868 posts

Posted 21 March 2022 - 08:07 AM

Talking about the booster, I'm about to head off to get mine this morning.

Wanting to buy/looking for: single genuine STi rim, genuine STi front lip, Corazon or Zero/Sports grille and another OEM grille

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

#1484 RX25SE

RX25SE

...............Car nerd................ now a H6 pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts
  • Interests:Cars with chrome bumpers!

Posted 21 March 2022 - 10:17 AM

Nice one Gaz!

A mate of mine if refusing to get the booster on the grounds of 'I'm not putting any more un tested chemicals in my body'

He probably shouldn't have said that while vapeing......

If I told you I was a compulsive liar, would you believe me?

#1485 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,868 posts

Posted 21 March 2022 - 05:16 PM

Fully boosted, just like the RX-7 in 2 Fast 2 Furious...

Shit joke.

Haha, people like that crack me up. Ah well. I did it and I have no side effects yet. I mean, except for the third arm that I have growing out of my rib.

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

#1486 RX25SE

RX25SE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts

Posted 07 April 2022 - 08:29 AM

Moving day today!!

So looking forward to having our own place.

#1487 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,868 posts

Posted 07 April 2022 - 10:22 AM

Nice man! It's a great feeling! Congratulations once again.

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

#1488 RX25SE

RX25SE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts

Posted 07 April 2022 - 09:39 PM

Thanks Gaz.

#1489 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,236 posts
  • Interests:Subarus, 4wd'n Subarus, travelling Subarus, Tinkering... I could go on!

Posted 08 April 2022 - 08:00 PM

Hey Jase, I hope the move went well!

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
https://www.imageshack.us/i/po1BKrxbj
1BKrxb.jpg
El Freddo's Pics    -    El_Freddo's youtube

#1490 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,236 posts
  • Interests:Subarus, 4wd'n Subarus, travelling Subarus, Tinkering... I could go on!

Posted 14 April 2022 - 10:56 AM

Safe travels over the long weekend peeps! The Calder near me is already packed with holiday makers - MANY cars stuck behind caravans and loaded up 4wds. I feel for the truckies at work not getting anywhere in their normal time frames.

Have a happy and festive Easter long weekend!

Cheers

Bennie
1BKrxb.jpg

#1491 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,868 posts

Posted 15 April 2022 - 11:39 AM

You too mate. Happy Easter everyone.

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

#1492 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,236 posts

Posted 09 June 2022 - 09:59 PM

So last Friday we were on our return from a two night camp out at the Shearers Quarters in the Murray Sunset NP. We cut across the park to check some stuff out, followed a complete goats track of a track in the process. After a late lunch on the other side of the park (Settlement track/road is like a highway, and Pheenys track can be the same in places, certainly when its dry!) we started making our way south out of the NP to enjoy a counter meal.

There was loads of water over the tracks in sections. Always a nervous situation but generally all crossings were easy with a firm base to them except the really long stretches, of which we only went through one at speed and around the others. Anyway, I got comfortable going through the water but it still freaked Mrs El_Freddo out. So I caved and started going around on the edges where possible. Then on one I went too far to the right, not noticing the edges were at the about same height as the road and also waterlogged. This was the end result:

DUckXm.jpg

KWAq5f.jpg

Yeah I was shitting bricks a bit at this point. Whole family on board and were travelling solo.

Some of the regular tricks didnt work, we werent bellied out (good thing) and the recovery ramps couldnt get a bite on the tyres. Last resort for a self recovery was using the turfor winch a good mate of mine gave me years ago. It comes on all trips, but this is the first time Ive properly had to use it to get us out of a real sticky situation. With some effort from Mrs El_Freddo behind the wheel while I worked the winch we managed to wiggle the Pajero and camper out after three re-adjustments of ramps and branches under the tyres. So glad!!

aM5SFZ.jpg

All up it was a 1.5hr turn around from being bogged to packed and rolling again. We missed all the pubs for a counter meal but we were very glad to be on our way home and not camping out beside the vehicle for the night (or three!).

We also blew a tyre on the camper - dragged it about 3km before I pulled over to investigate why the car felt so heavy to drive/maintain cruise speed. It was working hard up small inclines. The tyre was shredding itself, rim is all good.

We ended up making it home at 1:20am on half a sandwich and an ice breaker from a servo without any further incidences after the tyre let go.

Good trip and one that we will remember for a long time. I was super stressed, Mrs El_Freddo said I was very cool through the whole thing - the kids had a ball and obviously didnt pick up on just how dire our situation was before we got out, so that was good.

Hope you enjoyed this. The Pajero is the reason why you dont see Ruby Scoo updates very often. Shes essentially been replaced by Jero since the Pajero can accommodate the family, 4wd, tow big trailers, and tow while 4wdn! The Pajero is basically a grown up version of the Subaru - all independent suspension, has selectable AWD (yes, thats right! It has 2wd, AWD locked 4wd high range and locked 4wd low range). But it doesnt have the Subaru burble which I miss (along with the rest of Ruby Scoo). But it does have turbo whistles (which I love) being the diesel. And 170L fuel capacity is awesome out bush too - but really kills the wallet atm, saves on servo trip though so it balances out with less fills for the same kms

Future upgrades to the Pajero - factory rear locker from a later model (wait to be fitted) and a winch. Ive already got the winch cradle, just need a suitable winch to fit to it behind the bullbar.

Good time had and quite the adventure - only because we were able to self recover!

Cheers

Bennie
1BKrxb.jpg

#1493 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,129 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Stereos, Electrical

Posted 10 June 2022 - 06:05 PM

Sounds like some interesting times there man!

MY00 Red RX, a nice daily that was sold off once the B4 became reliable...
MY02 Blue B4, aka 'The Project' - v8 JDM STi engine package and assorted other 'goodies' - Sold, then bought back for parts. Stripped and crushed.
MY03 Blue RX, the newer old daily, pretty well more B4 than RX now... In the process of being converted to the track toy... Watch this space!
MY02 Silver Wagon, H6 conversion, full blue/black leather and almost full black interior to go with it.
MY03 White/Silver H6 Outback, donor car for silver waghoon.
MY97 Silver RX, acquired to become track car, but plans changed. To be stripped and scrapped in time.

#1494 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,236 posts

Posted 12 June 2022 - 06:53 PM

Sounds like some interesting times there man!

Yeah Ben it was definitely one we’ll remember for a long time! Many adventures had in this over the last four years.

Another one was a trip with my olds in their Pajero (insurance) - so I could test out towing our camper trailer into the sandy tracks of the Big Desert. Stayed at one of our favourite camps sites, only to be inundated with bees so moved on and stupidly decided the the camp at the top of Cameron’s Track in the Pyrenees Ranges would be good. Should’ve gone north. Anyway, it’s dark and late, and we start climbing Cameron’s track from Spring Creek Rd. First time towing up that track, first time in the Pajero (have done it in Ruby Scoo several times), first time in the dark. I forgot how long it was and had my mum on the edge of abusing me on the UHF… Then we froze our arses off for two days up there. Dad packed his “trusty” tent from the 70’s (the old pole at each end and string out the side walls to make it look like an “A” shape) - that didn’t have a functional zip on the door. He was the butt of many jokes about that. I should remind him again now since I’m hanging out with him…

Cheers

Bennie
1BKrxb.jpg

#1495 RX25SE

RX25SE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts

Posted 14 June 2022 - 03:55 PM

Epic adventure there Bennie.

I get the whole Pajero over the Suby thing. Similar with me, the SantaFe has soooo much more room than the Lib, so I find myself using that in preference.

#1496 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,236 posts

Posted 03 July 2022 - 08:28 PM

Typo or message from the RBA about inflation or a message from an anti gambling organisation? Either way, very odd to see a typo like this on a TAC slogan!

Ho4HNo.jpg

Cheers

Bennie
1BKrxb.jpg

#1497 RX25SE

RX25SE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts

Posted 03 July 2022 - 11:38 PM

Weird..

#1498 RX25SE

RX25SE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts

Posted 13 July 2022 - 09:36 AM

Got back last week from a 2200km trip to Sydney via Cooma. So much rain!! 230mm in 2 days was nuts.

Pot holes on the back roads were so bad that hitting one caused the airbag light to come on! Scan tool says its RH seatbelt tensioner, so it looks like I have some work to do over the weekend..

#1499 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,236 posts

Posted 14 July 2022 - 10:32 PM

My sister shattered an aftermarket rim and bend another hitting a collapsed road edge. She was bloody lucky to maintain control and not to rip a brake line on the front wheel.

That rain sounds like fun. Glad to hear you had a safe trip! Can’t wait to do another road trip, just not looking forward to paying for it these days.

Cheers

Bennie
1BKrxb.jpg

#1500 RX25SE

RX25SE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts

Posted 20 July 2022 - 09:24 PM

Yeah, fuel bill was nuts. :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users