Photo

The SC Mutha-Flippin GT - What's a 4rum?

• Please log in to reply
1627 replies to this topic

#1521 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts
  • Interests:tl;dr

Posted 07 October 2022 - 08:12 AM

Nice. They look alright.

Wanting to buy/looking for: single genuine STi rim, genuine STi front lip, Corazon or Zero/Sports grille and another OEM grille

Can you hook a brother up? Please contact me now. I have cash ready.

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

2006 Liberty MY06 3.0R SpecB wagon

#1522 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts
  • Interests:Subarus, 4wd'n Subarus, travelling Subarus, Tinkering... I could go on!

Posted 13 October 2022 - 09:42 PM

Well that rain was fun! I’ve never driven through so much water in one day, just to get home!

Now to watch the water back up in the Loddon as it comes through from the headwater area of the river. There should be a fair amount of water to pass through yet, probably not 2011 flood level height, or anywhere near it, but an exciting first year in the new to us house!

Glad I didn’t take the Brumby to work today, I’d still be stuck in Bendigo, probably with a wet dizzy too (for those young’ins, the distributor was the device that delivers spark to the correct cylinder, generally at the correct time :P :P), anyway…

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
https://www.imageshack.us/i/po1BKrxbj
1BKrxb.jpg
El Freddo's Pics    -    El_Freddo's youtube

#1523 TSG

TSG

Cured

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 01 November 2022 - 03:29 PM

You’d think with all that Toyota tax they collect they’d have one waiting for you!

That or it’s smoke and mirrors. Customer is happy then forgets about it…

They got me a used one, but tried to pass it off as a new one. It was in fine condition so I let it be. They fixed the half arsed wheel balance/alignment and I'm done with it for now. It was the principal really. They should have just got me the replacement in the first place. It's all about trying to make the customer happy so they go away. Well frankly I'll inconvenience my mrs (it's her car) to bring it to their attention as many weeks as it takes. Apparently a new rim from Toyota is $1900, I kind of believe it after the replacement mirror costing $2250. So you can understand why they will fork you around.

She wants a Merc next time, and with the cost of parts on the Prado these days, she honestly may as well.. during the lease/warranty period anyway  :sarcastic: And yes, my mrs earns more than me these days. lol. I'm quite happy driving my glorified station runner and keeping it garaged.

#1524 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Stereos, Electrical

Posted 25 December 2022 - 09:08 PM

Merry Chrissy all! Hope everyone is well!

Cheers,
Ben

MY00 Red RX, a nice daily that was sold off once the B4 became reliable...
MY02 Blue B4, aka 'The Project' - v8 JDM STi engine package and assorted other 'goodies' - Sold, then bought back for parts. Stripped and crushed.
MY03 Blue RX, the newer old daily, pretty well more B4 than RX now... In the process of being converted to the track toy... Watch this space!
MY02 Silver Wagon, H6 conversion, full blue/black leather and almost full black interior to go with it.
MY03 White/Silver H6 Outback, donor car for silver waghoon.
MY97 Silver RX, acquired to become track car, but plans changed. To be stripped and scrapped in time.

#1525 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts
  • Interests:Subarus, 4wd'n Subarus, travelling Subarus, Tinkering... I could go on!

Posted 26 December 2022 - 11:05 AM

Thanks Ben, had an awesome day at home with the family, managed some tinkering between breakfast and lunch.

I hope everyone else had a top day too!

Cheers

Bennie
1BKrxb.jpg

#1526 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts

Posted 27 December 2022 - 07:05 PM

Merry Christmas to you all! Hope you have all had a fantastic holiday season so far, and all the best in the New Year!

Wanting to buy/looking for: single genuine STi rim, genuine STi front lip, Corazon or Zero/Sports grille and another OEM grille

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

#1527 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts

Posted 02 January 2023 - 08:19 AM

Happy New Year, SubyClub!

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

#1528 RX25SE

RX25SE

...............Car nerd................ now a H6 pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts
  • Interests:Cars with chrome bumpers!

Posted 02 January 2023 - 09:21 AM

Happy New Year all! Hope everyone had a great festive season.

Our Christmas was mad, we hosted 4 events in 3 consecutive days starting with dinner for 16 people! Day 4 (Boxing Day) was a 2.5hr drive to visit relos in Central Vic.
Day 5 I was farked...

The other day I went for a drive in the Megane along some very twisty roads, following a couple of Lotus's. Needless to say, as good as the Megane is on the twistys, it was no match for a 400hp 1200kg car!

If I told you I was a compulsive liar, would you believe me?

#1529 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 02 January 2023 - 08:11 PM

That’s odd about that power to weight ratio advantage Jase :P

Happy new year to all. We had a relatively quiet one here with one of my old mates from my primary school days and his family.

It was great to stay at home for once between Xmas and new years - and we have no prospects of going anywhere soon which is a very welcome change to our usual silly season expectations to be everywhere our families want us to be.

On top of that the savings for not driving everywhere is awesome too, I’m going to enjoy that while it lasts!

Take care all and enjoy what’s left of your time off!

Cheers

Bennie
1BKrxb.jpg

#1530 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 12 February 2023 - 10:07 PM

Evwy won out shooting wabbits??
1BKrxb.jpg

#1531 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 13 February 2023 - 07:37 PM

Hahaha, it has been awfully quiet round these parts lately lol. I wish I had more to contribute to my threads, but until parts arrive, I have next to nothing. Got the approval from the minister of finance to purchase a new motor for the hoist, so that gonna be on its way in a few days. Current one is a 3 phase job, and while it's nice and easy to have 3 phase put in over in SA, it's a decided pain in the rear here in Vic. So new motor it is. Gonna need a semi decent supply to the shed once that goes in however, as it's a 3kW motor bolted to the top... At the moment the shed is fed via extension lead from the outdoor power point, which happens to be on the same circuit as both the laundry and the kitchen. Whoever wired this place initially must have had rocks in their head. Two biggest loads of the house on one circuit...

I could fix it, but that's a massive undertaking in an old house, and one that will consume way more time than it should. Cos you know, I have plenty of spare time as it is 🤣🤣

MY02 Blue B4, aka 'The Project' - v8 JDM STi engine package and assorted other 'goodies' - Sold, then bought back for parts. Stripped and crushed.
MY03 Blue RX, the newer old daily, pretty well more B4 than RX now... In the process of being converted to the track toy... Watch this space!
MY02 Silver Wagon, H6 conversion, full blue/black leather and almost full black interior to go with it.
MY97 Silver RX, acquired to become track car, but plans changed. To be stripped and scrapped in time.

#1532 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 16 February 2023 - 08:04 PM

Motor rocked up today, but it's too hot in the shed to do anything. Gonna have to wait until the weekend while Seb is having his naps.

#1533 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 16 February 2023 - 09:02 PM

Too hot to do anything apparently. Can’t even go on a bike ride with students tomorrow morning - department’s orders! Walking to the aquatic centre in the arvo heat is currently ok though. All good.

I hope the motor swap is easy. Are you a sparky that could do that rewiring of your house? Classic tradie - like the awesome mechanic in town that drives the worst kept car…

In other news my good door on the passenger’s side took a hit last week. I believe it was some contractors that undertook some work pretty much beside my vehicle. We’re in discussions again after they closed with an inconclusive result at their end - right at the time I got hold of some CCTV footage that they’ve now been provided. It’s not the clearest image as I’m in the distance but I reckon it’s very indicative of an honest mistake that went unnoticed. Fingers crossed I get my door straightened out again back to its former glory. It was my straight rust free one too…

Other than that it’s just work and apathy I’m dealing with on a daily basis *bangs head on brick wall*

Cheers

Bennie
1BKrxb.jpg

#1534 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 19 February 2023 - 11:54 AM

Yea right. Understand that, daycare has pretty strict rules about when the little monsters are allowed to go outside. Makes sense that that rule would be mirrored to the bigger ones. Still sucks, but it's understandable.

Motor swap was an easy affair, only proper painful part I've found is I need to run a new cable between the control box and the motor itself to get reversing functionality. Another thorn I found last night was the pulley won't budge (doesn't look like it's been changed since the hoist was manufactured back in 87, so it's well stuck). Even with some heat added to the pulley, she's not going anywhere. Going to try a puller in the next couple of days, see how that goes.
The next step if that doesn't work is get serious with the heat, then rapidly cool the motor shaft to break the lock.

Yeah, I'm a sparky Bennie, house is certainly fixable, but not easily without cutting open walls, splitting the circuits and then running a new feed to the recently separated outlets. Not an easy task, very doable, but it's a good days work, if not more, as the roof cavity in this house is atrocious to move around in, let alone try and trace cables. It's mid 80's cable as well, which makes life entertaining. I'll get it sorted out eventually, but at present it's not high on the list, wife knows she can't run the dryer, washing machine and dishwasher at the same time, otherwise it goes click.

Oh no, not the good one! Hate when that stuff happens. Bloody Murphy's Law! The one perfect panel is always the one to cop the brunt of an accident. Hope they look at the footage and come to the party man, shit go that some negligence resulted in damage.

Hoist has had the base plate bolted to the floor, motor swapped over and one post has been manoeuvred so it can be stood up and bolted to the base. Going to leave the main post with the motor on the ground for a while longer, until I can get the pulley swapped and new cables run for it, as that will be a nightmare to do in the air. Last night I managed about 5 hours in the shed, enabling the clean up and hoist works to commence, hopefully I'll get some time again tonight, but we'll see how that goes!

Also put a few yahoo bids in, so we'll see if they come to fruition and then I'll update the respective threads.

Cheers,
Ben

#1535 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 23 April 2023 - 11:46 AM

What’s this “drop shipping” thing i suddenly keep reading about??

And yesterday I went to look at some Brumby’s with the possibility of buying or walking away. I was going to walk away until it became clear they were off to scrap if they didn’t leave on the back of my trailer… so that twisted my arm.

They’re pretty rough, would need various amounts of work to get back on the road but anything is possible - if that doesn’t eventuate it’s spare parts galore for me which goes well in my book!!

I need to shuffle them from a mates place now, I’ll grab some pics and post in Redback’s thread ;) She’s had a rough term 1 too, and done some wood carting (I need to stop doing that…).

Cheers

Bennie
1BKrxb.jpg

#1536 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 23 April 2023 - 08:28 PM

Nice man! Spares are always good! Especially those things, trying to find parts for them is getting harder and harder.
Wood carting isn't bad, still needs to be done!

Drop shipping is basically where the business selling you the parts does not actually stock them at all, they order them in as required, which is great for a business selling lots of various items, as they don't need to stock hundreds of thousands of dollars of stock that may or may not move. But what it does do is result in ridiculous lead times on items that should only be a few days away if you bought from a business that holds stock.
Net result is much like in Nicks thread, order the parts and a week later they still haven't been shipped out, so the order gets cancelled because there's no ETA.

Much easier to pay a little more and guarantee buying from someone who stocks it.

Hoist is up, just need to get power to it, which is gonna be a bit of a mission, but I'll get there.

Cheers,
Ben.

#1537 Beckers

Beckers

OMAR Cubt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,058 posts
  • Interests:Docking and eating dry meat, Living lyf in the TT VOD

Posted 25 May 2023 - 05:02 PM

I wonder what happened to the smash or trash thread we used to have ??

#1538 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 26 May 2023 - 02:28 PM

Hahahaha, brings back some memories there Simon! Pretty sure it still exists, might have to use the search function though.

Cheers,
Ben

#1539 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 26 May 2023 - 07:10 PM

Should be a sticky really…
1BKrxb.jpg

#1540 Beckers

Beckers

OMAR Cubt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,058 posts
  • Interests:Docking and eating dry meat, Living lyf in the TT VOD

Posted 26 May 2023 - 11:26 PM

Hahahaha, brings back some memories there Simon! Pretty sure it still exists, might have to use the search function though.

Cheers,
Ben

Smash or Trash doesn't show up any more in search.

I did find NSFW all 191 pages of it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users