• Please log in to reply
162 replies to this topic

#81 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,236 posts
  • Interests:Subarus, 4wd'n Subarus, travelling Subarus, Tinkering... I could go on!

Posted 18 May 2022 - 09:49 PM

More torque on tap generally brings your fuel usage down if driven correctly. Glad that’s working out for you! Hopefully those replacement sensors gets it back under control ;)

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
https://www.imageshack.us/i/po1BKrxbj
1BKrxb.jpg
El Freddo's Pics    -    El_Freddo's youtube

#82 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,129 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Stereos, Electrical

Posted 04 June 2022 - 10:39 PM

Yahoo strikes again...

Got a full set of spats coming, as well as a set of silver side skirts (GX didn't get those lovely things), plus a whole new silver tailgate that isn't dented, complete with wing and legacy garnish...
So I'll fix the old garnish and sell it off when the busted one comes in and I've fixed it.

Other than that, I've discovered a leak in the trans cooler lines somewhere around the passenger wheel well area, trans slipped a bit this morning. Will find and properly clamp the line tomorrow. Hopefully it's an easy fix!

Cheers,
Ben

MY00 Red RX, a nice daily that was sold off once the B4 became reliable...
MY02 Blue B4, aka 'The Project' - v8 JDM STi engine package and assorted other 'goodies' - Sold, then bought back for parts. Stripped and crushed.
MY03 Blue RX, the newer old daily, pretty well more B4 than RX now... In the process of being converted to the track toy... Watch this space!
MY02 Silver Wagon, H6 conversion, full blue/black leather and almost full black interior to go with it.
MY03 White/Silver H6 Outback, donor car for silver waghoon.
MY97 Silver RX, acquired to become track car, but plans changed. To be stripped and scrapped in time.

#83 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 12 June 2022 - 09:41 PM

Black dash plastics will probably be here on Tuesday, and the slim roof rails from Russia will be refunded as Australia won't accept incoming goods from Russia.

But in other news, the 2 busted end plates on mine, another one of the gen3 lads has those particular two as good spares. So they'll be in the post soon. No need for new rails when the busted parts can be replaced!

Cheers,
Ben

MY02 Blue B4, aka 'The Project' - v8 JDM STi engine package and assorted other 'goodies' - Sold, then bought back for parts. Stripped and crushed.
MY03 Blue RX, the newer old daily, pretty well more B4 than RX now... In the process of being converted to the track toy... Watch this space!
MY02 Silver Wagon, H6 conversion, full blue/black leather and almost full black interior to go with it.
MY97 Silver RX, acquired to become track car, but plans changed. To be stripped and scrapped in time.

#84 LYH45

LYH45

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:Fixing Gen 3's and parting gen 4's

Posted 21 June 2022 - 03:25 PM

Black dash plastics will probably be here on Tuesday, and the slim roof rails from Russia will be refunded as Australia won't accept incoming goods from Russia.

But in other news, the 2 busted end plates on mine, another one of the gen3 lads has those particular two as good spares. So they'll be in the post soon. No need for new rails when the busted parts can be replaced!

Cheers,
Ben

I wonder who that is ;)

Keen to finally see photos of the S401 bumper when you get it installed

#85 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 21 June 2022 - 04:06 PM

Hahaha, yes. Cheers dude! Appreciate it. Need to get some more rattle cans of 01G and some clear, and they can go on.

Just had the milwaukee polisher show up late last week, so when I get a spare bit of time to order the right compounds, I'll get it done. Pics will be posted. At the moment it's painted, but it needs a good cut and polish before it goes on the car.

Cheers,
Ben

#86 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 30 June 2022 - 11:17 PM

Won a legacy L7 stainless rear bar protector plate tonight. Another item to add to my collection of nice parts. Been told that the L7 logo actually glows in the dark as well, which is bloody cool!
Will probably get a rear lip in the coming future as well, see how finances go.

Cheers,
Ben

#87 RX25SE

RX25SE

...............Car nerd................ now a H6 pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts
  • Interests:Cars with chrome bumpers!

Posted 02 July 2022 - 12:55 PM

Looking forward to when it all comes together Ben!

... and pics.😁

If I told you I was a compulsive liar, would you believe me?

#88 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 23 July 2022 - 11:50 AM

Yay. I have a working heater again! Found a plug that was missed during the conversion hidden under the carpet by the dead pedal, which controls the zoning and also the blend motor for the coolant. Now that's plugged back in, I have a working heater. Going to work in -1 has been a little bit of not fun. Now I can get the AC leak tested and then re-gassed.

While playing under the dash with the heater, pulled the stock head unit out and replaced with the Alpine unit. Much nicer. Just need to fool the unit into thinking the hand brake is on so I can use the Bluetooth on it. Have pics, but car is filthy, so once I tidy it a little and finish with the wiring behind the dash I'll post some up.

Cheers,
Ben

#89 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 12 September 2022 - 10:02 PM

Nothing much has happened on this beastie, but I have had a few bits and pieces rock up. Everything bar the stainless panel is sitting in Melbourne waiting for the panel to rock up so I can combine postage. Then there will be a massive bunch of work to do to this thing.

Black dash plastics make it look noice. Pics coming once I get everything on. S401 front strut brace rocked up today, so that'll get a bit of a refurb before it goes on as well.

Seriously getting over the auto, and all I need to really get something moving on the manual front is an R160 diff in 3.545 ratio to suit a WRX 5spd. The B4 5spd and matching diff in 4.11 will stay with the track car, mainly cos the H6 with the Prova exhaust is loud and droney as all hell at 3k, but it's not too bad otherwise. So if anyone knows of or has a rear diff in this ratio for sale, please let me know.

But anyways, photos coming in a month or 2 once all the nice new bits are on. I haven't had a chance to polish the front bar at all, Sebastian is taking up most of my spare time at the moment, and any weekend where I might have half a chance I take the opportunity to go and get wood for the fire. Happy wife happy life lol!

Cheers,
Ben

#90 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,236 posts
  • Interests:Subarus, 4wd'n Subarus, travelling Subarus, Tinkering... I could go on!

Posted 13 September 2022 - 01:01 AM

Ah yes, kids and wood collecting. Good times. What’s your saw of choice?

My brother stumbled across a Stihl 076AV Super. 110cc, buckets of torque, that thing is mint! Dads got a Stihl 039 and I recently picked up a tiny Stihl 012av partly for shits and giggles. That’s still 45cc in a tiny package - I’m yet to sharpen the chain and get stuck right into that one too. I love the older Stihls as that’s what I grew up with (032av). I haven’t really tried other brands other than a really cheap and nasty saw…

Trim bits for the Subi sound good.

Cheers

Bennie
1BKrxb.jpg

#91 RX25SE

RX25SE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts

Posted 13 September 2022 - 03:01 PM

Shindaiwa 488

Traded in my Husqvarna for it.

#92 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 13 September 2022 - 09:36 PM

Believe it or not Bennie, I'm a battery fan. But I'll be the first to admit they don't have the same staying power as a petrol, or the same speeds, but they can sure cut wood. Father in law laughs at me when I bring it out, but there are a lot of advantages to them...

No hearing protection required.
A hell of a lot lighter and easier to wield.
Thinner bar seems to go through most timber like butter compared to the heavier, thicker bars of its petrol cousins.
And a hell of a lot cheaper than a decent petrol one.

Current unit is one the Milwaukee M18 chainsaw with the 16" bar. Goes through most things without issue. However, it doesn't like the small 5Ah batteries. Overheats them too quickly to be any use. So I have 3x 12Ah ones. Need to get another one or 2 to get proper full loads. I can get about a metre and a half worth of timber in about an hour and a half of cutting, using the 3 batteries. Saw cost me the grand total of about 570 bucks, so it's a lot cheaper.

As good as the battery one is, I think I might just lash out once tax rolls round next year on a decent 20" bar petrol saw, as the bigger bar and power makes life a lot easier on some of the bigger lumps.

But anyways, hope everyone is well!

Cheers,
Ben

#93 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 01 October 2022 - 04:02 PM

Got a collection of extra bits coming across from Sydney in a few weeks, one of which is a turbo bonnet. Gonna need to finish stripping the paint off it and then get it sprayed, but she'll be right. And to top it off, managed to find another K2 gear 401 scoop in Japan, so hopefully that will be on its way in a few weeks as well. Should go well with the 401 bar sitting in the shed waiting on a polish.

Other than that, it's just been taking me to work and back reliably, so nothing really new.

Cheers,
Ben

#94 RX25SE

RX25SE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts

Posted 02 October 2022 - 10:24 PM

Glad to hear it's going along nicely Ben.

Pics?

#95 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 07 October 2022 - 06:23 AM

Haha, coming! Scoop was sent via Japanese EMS, so will probably have that in a week. 

Once I get my collection of goodies in a week or so from Sydney and I spend a weekend in the shed, I'll post up a decent update. Currently scheduled for next weekend.

#96 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 21 October 2022 - 01:33 PM

Well, I need to take some snaps and upload some pics. Might be able to get into the shed tonight, and fit a couple of the new goodies. Might even lash out and attempt to polish the new bar... See how we go.

Otis came down last week with some more bits, and cleared some of my shelves in the shed of gen2 parts, so now I have room to put more gen3 stuff there. Shed is still a brothel unfortunately. But with Otis' help I identified and fixed the leaking auto trans cooler line, which is good. One less thing that needs to be fixed...

Besides this, everything is going as it should be...

Cheers,
Ben

#97 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 23 October 2022 - 09:05 PM

Uploaded some pics, but need to upload a couple more from today's work. Will get them uploaded and maybe a post written up later tomorrow.

#98 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,236 posts

Posted 24 October 2022 - 07:37 PM

Hey Ben, seems like it’s tomorrow now

I know stuff can get in the way… life can suck like that!

Cheers

Bennie
1BKrxb.jpg

#99 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 25 October 2022 - 04:57 AM

Hahaha, yea. Life gets in the way lol. Use my phone primarily for subyclub these days, which makes life very unfun for writing a decent post with linked photos etc. Been flat out yesterday, with the rest of the week not looking to be much better... But I'll find some time.

Cheers,
Ben

#100 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,236 posts

Posted 25 October 2022 - 05:14 PM

I use my phone for all things forum these days! It’s not hard to put pics etc in posts, it can take a bit of practice though! I also use the full version of the forum rather than the mobile version, I find this easier!

I’ll keep an eye out for the pics ;)

Cheers

Bennie
1BKrxb.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users