#101 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Stereos, Electrical

Posted 25 October 2022 - 08:09 PM

Ah rodgie. I use the mobile version, it's a bit easier to navigate on the small screen. Might have to give it a go. I've already uploaded a few to the gallery, it is the easiest way I've found given how much of a pain in the neck Photobucket was back in the day...

MY00 Red RX, a nice daily that was sold off once the B4 became reliable...
MY02 Blue B4, aka 'The Project' - v8 JDM STi engine package and assorted other 'goodies' - Sold, then bought back for parts. Stripped and crushed.
MY03 Blue RX, the newer old daily, pretty well more B4 than RX now... In the process of being converted to the track toy... Watch this space!
MY02 Silver Wagon, H6 conversion, full blue/black leather and almost full black interior to go with it.
MY03 White/Silver H6 Outback, donor car for silver waghoon.
MY97 Silver RX, acquired to become track car, but plans changed. To be stripped and scrapped in time.

#102 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 31 October 2022 - 08:59 PM

Ok, about time I finally got on here with the full version as opposed to the mobile version. Some of you may have noticed the uploads to the gallery...

So as per a previous post, there was a small haul from import monster recently

gallery_273_53_2820166.jpg

We have a new silver tailgate complete with legacy garnish and jap spec wing, a busted legacy garnish to fix a busted one I have in the shed, a stainless L7 sill panel for the rear bar, side skirts in silver of course, some rev D chunky spats, and a cooling panel and a Cusco rear brace and diffuser setup for the track car.

The black dash plastics, please excuse the mess in the passenger footwell. There is a lot of bits there, the old carbon dipped plastics, the old stereo unit etc.
gallery_273_53_1081671.jpg

Also got another S401 front strut brace
gallery_273_53_2204956.jpg

401 bar with paint, just needs a polish... Got all the stuff, but need to find time to do it... Seb is not making life easy on this front...
gallery_273_53_670391.jpg

With all these items fitted,she looks like this:
gallery_273_53_244803.jpg

gallery_273_53_2470892.jpg

Also finally swapped the wiper stalk after not having a working rear wiper for the past 10 months or so...
gallery_273_53_1326950.jpg

And once I finish stripping the turbo bonnet, this little puppy will be fitted up. And now I own 2 of these...
gallery_273_53_487774.jpg

I have some other bits in the wind as well, but we'll get to those once things are solidified...

Cheers,
Ben

MY02 Blue B4, aka 'The Project' - v8 JDM STi engine package and assorted other 'goodies' - Sold, then bought back for parts. Stripped and crushed.
MY03 Blue RX, the newer old daily, pretty well more B4 than RX now... In the process of being converted to the track toy... Watch this space!
MY02 Silver Wagon, H6 conversion, full blue/black leather and almost full black interior to go with it.
MY97 Silver RX, acquired to become track car, but plans changed. To be stripped and scrapped in time.

#103 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts
  • Interests:Subarus, 4wd'n Subarus, travelling Subarus, Tinkering... I could go on!

Posted 01 November 2022 - 08:04 PM

Ahhh… pics are SO satisfying! Thanks for the update.

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
https://www.imageshack.us/i/po1BKrxbj
1BKrxb.jpg
El Freddo's Pics    -    El_Freddo's youtube

#104 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 01 November 2022 - 08:39 PM

No dramas at all Bennie. I've been meaning to get some updates happening with pics for a while, so it's nice to finally get one done. Got the full version of the forum running on my tablet, so it makes life a lot easier to do decent updates. Hopefully have a half decent update for the sedan soon too.

Cheers,
Ben

#105 RX25SE

RX25SE

...............Car nerd................ now a H6 pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts
  • Interests:Cars with chrome bumpers!

Posted 02 November 2022 - 08:48 AM

Love the pics!!!

If I told you I was a compulsive liar, would you believe me?

#106 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 04 November 2022 - 07:31 PM

Buying more shit I don't really need...
Just paid for a set of alloy front LCA's for this. Complete w/ bushes and all associated crap. Nothing overly necessary, but small things that are nice. Will be keeping the steel arms as well, just in case I bend the alloy ones in the track car doing something silly and need to swap arms again...

Other than that, tis all good on this front!

Cheers,
Ben

#107 Barbbachello

Barbbachello

Touring Bruce

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,456 posts
  • Interests:Docking

Posted 05 November 2022 - 09:02 AM

GT30 would have had alloy arms so gotta be fully legit 

tIeW8DE.png

#108 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 20 November 2022 - 03:35 PM

Well, arms are in Sunshine according to the tracking, so waiting for those. Going to check the bushings before installing them, if they're any sort of suspect, I'll buy new ones, so it's not going to be a quick swap over. Was planning on getting into the shed this weekend, but that hasn't eventuated...

This old girl did get its first proper birthday today though. A wash! The first one it's had since I bought it...
The amount of crap to come out of the weather shields over the top of the windows was insane... If I manage to get into the shed this arvo, I'm going to start the process of polishing of the front bar. Got a heap of clips off one of the outbacks in the back yard for fitting of the side skirts, which will probably be attempted in the next month or so...

Cheers,
Ben

#109 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 17 January 2023 - 09:00 PM

Arms arrived, sans ball joints that I specifically asked for, and the sender has blocked me, so awesome. Bought a pair of new triangular bosses for my existing ball joints so I can use them. I'll get them on at some point.

Still haven't gotten into the shed, and the days of the weekend where it's been a possibility, it's been stinking hot, but she'll be right. I'll get there. Finally got around to buying the Jaycar LED capable flasher relay that's designed for Jap cars and installed it a couple of days ago. Needed to be wrapped up around the rest of the stray wiring under the dash, as the OEM relay is bolted to the "rocket launcher" under the dash panel, but it works a treat. Sounds a bit weird due to the overrun of the flasher timing (ticks as if the indicator is still flashing twice after the stalk is flicked back to off) but other than that it works an absolute treat. Indicators don't actually flash while it's in overrun, but it sounds like they do.
Plug it in and it just works. Beautiful.
Jaycar SY-4018 is the part number, but I'm pretty sure Timmy already has it as part of his guide.

#110 duncanm

duncanm

wha' who ?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,010 posts

Posted 17 January 2023 - 10:03 PM

New ball joints: https://febest.com.a...ball-joint.html

You will need the little alloy bosses, though.

#111 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 18 January 2023 - 10:28 AM

Yep. I'll probably reuse my old ones unless they are pretty average. Cost me 50 bucks Aussie to buy 2 new bosses and get them shipped from Partsouq.
Part no. 20216FA000 is the number you need, and they are $7.46USD each, brand new.

#112 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts
  • Interests:Subarus, 4wd'n Subarus, travelling Subarus, Tinkering... I could go on!

Posted 20 January 2023 - 12:30 PM

How good is partsouq?!

Dangerous, even when just going for big maintenance items…

Cheers

Bennie
1BKrxb.jpg

#113 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 20 January 2023 - 12:37 PM

Agree! It scares me how much money I could spend there.

Cheers,
Ben

#114 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 28 January 2023 - 07:35 PM

Next step of the puzzle is on its way.

Rev A-C rear bar with factory lip.

gallery_273_53_533937.png

Rev A-C because of the stainless L7 rear step plate I got a while back. It's designed for the early model rear bars, which are slightly more rounded.

Container though, so it'll be 3 months before I see it. Then it needs painting, cos earlier models didn't get premium silver 01G paint. But I'll get some more rattle cans and give it a coat. Practice polishing with this rather than the 401 bar, cos that's gonna be a nightmare to polish properly.

Other than that, nothing much happening on the car fronts. Spending my spare time playing with and looking after the little person.

Cheers,
Ben

#115 RX25SE

RX25SE

...............Car nerd................ now a H6 pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts
  • Interests:Cars with chrome bumpers!

Posted 29 January 2023 - 06:01 AM

That bar will look good when it goes on Ben.

Little people do take up a lot of time so I guess you'll just keep chipping away at the car stuff.

How's the Dad thing going?

If I told you I was a compulsive liar, would you believe me?

#116 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 29 January 2023 - 08:34 AM

Hahaha… the little person! They certainly are little people and that whole thing of talking to them “like a baby” isn’t a thing in our house - how can they learn to talk if all they hear is babble when engaging with their parents/siblings/grandparents etc.

We’re “on our last” one and I’m finding that I’m enjoying (or maybe appreciating) the time spent with them playing and engaging more than I did with our other kids because this one is definitely our last!

And enjoy them while they’re young. You’ll turn around and tomorrow they’ll be ten in the blink of an eye!!

Cheers

Bennie
1BKrxb.jpg

#117 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 04 February 2023 - 06:14 PM

Thanks Jase, I can't wait to get both of them painted and polished up then on the car. You got it, just chipping away at car stuff. Not getting a lot of time to actually smash some tasks, so small goals. The dad thing is bloody awesome. It really is rewarding. Little monster is doing fabulously as well, which is a big plus. He's in the middle of learning cause and effect at the moment, telling him to be careful rather than just outright removing him from the problem. He usually takes care now, so I don't have to worry as much around drawers etc now.

Agree Bennie, baby talk doesn't help. I'll ask him what he's talking about when he babbles at me. He's already starting to get the hang of a couple of words, not that they sound like the proper version, but the sound is close enough you can tell what he's trying to say. Mum, Dad and Yum are firm parts of his vocabulary at the moment... Yea, time has flown already, trying to figure where it's gone already, and he's not even one yet...

Small things happening on the car front, managed to get into the shed last night for a few hours, so the track car got some love. Will update that thread soonish with a half decent update.

Cheers,
Ben

#118 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 04 April 2023 - 09:00 PM

Another bit of small shite on its way, as per the other thread, JP sea freight, so anywhere from 6 to 12 weeks before I'll see it.

gallery_273_53_194071.png

Legacy number plate surrounds. Polished to within an inch of their life, so they look suitably pretty. Photos once they arrive as usual...

Cheers,
Ben

#119 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 09 May 2023 - 09:27 PM

For when I finally get around to manual converting this damn thing, some additional parts are on their way...

gallery_273_53_314951.png

gallery_273_53_155628.png

These are getting to be extremely hard to find these days in manual, and I finally found one. So I bought it. Got the rest of the trims a day or 2 later when I saw the auto set go up, coincidentally with the S401 build plate as well, which was a nice little bonus. Unsure whether I'll be putting that on the toolbox or if I keep it on the trim. But at this stage, considering this is a wagon, I'm leaning towards the toolbox, which will go nicely with the STi and S401 boot badge that's already on it.

Anyways, the rest of the shite in this next delivery is for the track car, so is all good here!

Cheers,
Ben

#120 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 24 May 2023 - 09:25 PM

My LH side low beam went today. Unsure at this stage whether it's the ballast or the globe. So purchased a reasonable set from yahoo for spares. Will put them in as a temporary measure while I clean up the Blitzen ones and figure out what died. Will then proceed to raid parts off the "new" set to fix the blitzen one, and refit.

Pair of semi-decent lights for around the 160 mark landed. Certainly not perfect, but will do the job while I freshen up my current set.

Bit of a pain, but that's cars. Shit dies every so often. Other than that, nothing to report...

Cheers,
Ben

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users