#101 Merlin01

Merlin01

N/A

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 06:47 PM

Have a look at: http://www.dtei.sa.gov.au/ezyplates

and get some custom number plates, my plates are nice and creative lol (i have T0M)
Like morgan suggested "DAZ" would look good ;)

Crikey.... $200 a year for customs.... That's insane!!! :P
Although...
G3LIBRT is available, as is:
I-Owe
Not-Mine
:P
Can't believe "DAZ" is actually available....

Or one time payment of $180 for personal plates...
LIBRT-3 is available (see a lot of name/year ones of these)

I actually want a square(ish) one for the front (two lines), but they are only available in Custom.... :negative:

#102 Morgan

Morgan

...jus waitin' 4 a m8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,485 posts
  • Interests:Taking a poo

Posted 29 August 2009 - 05:50 PM

you guys have it lucky! custom plates like 'T0M' or 'DAZ' or 'MORGAN' will cost you a $110 pick up fee PLUS $440 a year... custom ones like 'aaa111' or 'aa11aa' cost a $110 pick up fee and $90 a year -> thats what mine cost

IM47Gcv.jpg

#103 Merlin01

Merlin01

N/A

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 06:11 PM

Far out! I'll stop whining then. :blush:

#104 Merlin01

Merlin01

N/A

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 10:14 PM

Ok guys, I have another issue.... :huh: I started looking at tyres today and failed to reach a decision on what I'd buy. I guess not all tyre outlets stock all ranges of tyres and the one I went to today (TyrePower - I think) wanted to sell me the top of the line Toyo (performance) tyre -PROXES T1R for $170 each. And the only alternative was one called Strata for $120 each. I'm not going to be racing, but I would obviously like good grip in the dry and as little aquaplaning as possible in the wet....(Directional vs. Non-Directional? Combo?) The reason I'm looking is because I went for a drive up the Gorge on the weekend (Adelaidians will know what I'm talking about). It wasn't raining but it was wet, about 1-2kms after the dam lookout I was doing around 60-65km/h on a left hand, declining 20'-30' grade, long sweeping corner. Foot was off the accelerator and decelerating, but half way through the turn I started to loose traction on the rear end and it started to drift (right). Not having any performance/defensive driving courses under my belt my natural instinct was to counter steer (right) in small increments to keep the car straight on the road. The incident didn't last more than a couple to a few seconds but the adrenalin was insane. Not excitement - just fear. I didn't travel far enough to move into the opposite lane, but if I had, things would have got real nasty, real fast. I checked the rear tyres and there is still a good 4-5mm trench on them, and going by NEW specs that would make them about 50%-60% worn. The other possibility is I could have just hit a patch of oil/mossy water run off from the hills (LHS). So, I have two questions for anyone willing to give me some advice: 1) Best "All Weather" tyre you've ever used and would buy again? 2) Best "Counter" to regain control of a loose rear end in an AWD in the wet? Thanks. P.S. Is there any closed roads in Adelaide where I could test various methods without paying to go to a course?

#105 Cam.

Cam.

OEM+

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,906 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 10:22 AM

The GEN3 is a heavy car, You probably hit a nasty patch of something. Pick up some good tires and attempt the corner again :P

Asb2OgK.jpg?1

#106 Merlin01

Merlin01

N/A

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 11:02 AM

Just got some feedback from Bridgestone... Adrenalin (Performance) $169 on special (normally $189) Supercat (Premium) $169 Both made in Australia. :unsure:

#107 buzzda

buzzda

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,370 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 01:11 PM

get the adrenalins, they're AWESOME, I have them on my B4 (on 2nd set) and they're just magic to drive on ... dry/wet/gravel rd... they just keep giving. bout the rear end control - keep the front wheels pointed where you want to go and keep power on... well thats the basics but there are so many variables that no one thing will always work. :drinks:

#108 Chadza

Chadza

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 01:15 PM

GET ADRENALINS. For that price you WILL NOT find anything better!! I just got 2 put on my fronts and they are phenomenal. Slightly different size (215/45R17) but the compound and makeup is the same. They won't be the longest lasting tyres you can buy, but for performance and wet weather driving they will be excellent. Dunno if you have a Bob Janes near you but Id give them a call as they were way cheaper than from a Bridgestone Tyre Centre. From memory it was $260 on 'special' from Bridgestone and I ended up paying $230 each from Bob Jane.
MY02 Blue Pearl B4 Manual - 185KW atw
Ecutek Stage 2, 3" DBE, Walbro FP, Hyperflow CAI
14.2 @ 158kph

#109 Shiv

Shiv

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,741 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 01:18 PM

Agreed, I had Adrenalin's on my old 16" rims and they were simply excellent! I now have 17" rims with some Kumho's on them and although they're not bad (they're actually quite good), I miss the Bridgestones so much. Its absolutely true - you get what you pay for. And that price is decent for the Adrenalin's so I say go for it :)

liftbacktestCustom3_zps39c01efc.jpg

#110 Merlin01

Merlin01

N/A

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 01:43 PM

GET ADRENALINS. For that price you WILL NOT find anything better!! I just got 2 put on my fronts and they are phenomenal. Slightly different size (215/45R17) but the compound and makeup is the same. They won't be the longest lasting tyres you can buy, but for performance and wet weather driving they will be excellent. Dunno if you have a Bob Janes near you but Id give them a call as they were way cheaper than from a Bridgestone Tyre Centre. From memory it was $260 on 'special' from Bridgestone and I ended up paying $230 each from Bob Jane.

Yes, I asked if they could supply "Made In Japan" versions and they said there is limited stock because the don't import them anymore, however if I wanted them they would be around the $250 mark.....opposed to $170 (special$$) for the Aussie made ones....
The question is..... Do you think the Aussie ones would be comparable to the Japanese ones in terms of quality and durability??
Anyone used Aussie ones?

#111 buzzda

buzzda

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,370 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 02:48 PM

Yes, I asked if they could supply "Made In Japan" versions and they said there is limited stock because the don't import them anymore, however if I wanted them they would be around the $250 mark.....opposed to $170 (special$$) for the Aussie made ones....
The question is..... Do you think the Aussie ones would be comparable to the Japanese ones in terms of quality and durability??
Anyone used Aussie ones?

There's no difference, I had Jap made ones on first now have Aust made ones and haven't noticed a difference.

*EDIT*+ the $320 you save buys a fair amount of beer!

#112 Merlin01

Merlin01

N/A

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 03:28 PM

hehe, Just heard back from a Goodyear Rep. offering 25% off 4xtyres in the LS2000 range, which are a little below middle of the range he tells me. Normal price (for 4) $708 ($177 each), but with discount $556 ($139 each). Up the scale he has F1's (Japanese) for $249 per tyre..... CRIKEY!!!! I only want two....(atm) Sounds like Adrenalin's have some happy customers... :) *Edit* Are they rotatable?

#113 Ericmcg

Ericmcg

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 09:28 PM

The Kumho is'nt a bad tyre, i have used them on a few cars including my B4. Good grip in the wet and the dry, just dont buy Michelin pilot preceda's, my B4 went through a set of those in less then 4 months.
Posted Image Posted Image

#114 Jimbo

Jimbo

Livin' the Legacy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 09:39 PM

haha it does sound painful!!
but it is simply removing the resinator - from my understanding you remove the circled part (shown in pic???)

Posted Image

LOL WTF you just circled the handle for when moving the intake out of the way! The resonator box sits in the driverside inner guard and is between your airbox entry and the intake tract infront of your headlight. All it does is stop water getting in your intake and reduces intake noise ect.

'04 Liberty GT Premium "The Sprog Chariot"

#115 Ericmcg

Ericmcg

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 09:47 PM

Dont know if this is the same stuff - re-named, but this is what I ended up using:

Posted Image

Meguiars: Hot Rims - All Wheel Cleaner
The first wheel I did took ages..... I tried degreaser / cutting compound etc... and a tonne of elbow grease and it took a good 30 mins to get a half decent result.
But with the Hot Rims foam (I'm now a BIG Meguiars fan) , sprayed it on, let it sit for 15-20 seconds, wiped it off with ease, sprayed down with hose, and had the wheel back on in about 5 minutes with a better result than the first attempt.
Go buy some... :D

Its the same and it works great on all wheel types its even safe on chrome.
Posted Image Posted Image

#116 Cam.

Cam.

OEM+

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,906 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 07:56 AM

Meguiars products smell so good!, Kind of like bubblegum mixed with awesome :P I use Quick detail and Hot shine, Looks awesome after a good wash and wax.

Asb2OgK.jpg?1

#117 Merlin01

Merlin01

N/A

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 05:53 PM

Please excuse my ignorance once again.... got another question... Your thoughts on "Strut Braces"? Pros/Cons? Handling/Comfort exchange? Worth while/NOT? Thanks. :unsure:

#118 Delete This Account

Delete This Account

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,635 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 06:06 PM

not worth it, rear sway bar and links first!

#119 Merlin01

Merlin01

N/A

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 06:24 PM

Thanks Walt. Just had a nice surprise. My housemate who works at a city car dealership just came home and gave me a couple of small jars (50ml). One of the silver metallic paint I need for my wheel caps and the other of Thinners.... He said he told them the year and the model and they were able to look it up and mix it on the spot (unlike the crash repairers I went to). It looks exactly 100% spot on!!!! Now my only problem will be spraying.... I don't have a compressor or gun, and I have never seen or heard of any business that puts paint into aerosol cans.... can anyone suggest a company name to search for that provides such a service????

#120 Merlin01

Merlin01

N/A

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 08:40 PM

not worth it, rear sway bar and links first!

Links?
Please explain?
:huh:

*Edit* Ahhh, I see I have a rear sway bar, :blink: and what looks to be OEM links (rubber)??
Suggestions for size? I've seen 20mm and 22mm ones but don't exactly know if they'll fit the 99 Gen3....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users