I took a video of when the guy took off in my old car *tear*

#63 SUBARU

SUBARU

Massive Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,542 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 02:42 PM

You'll probably see it on Today Tonight or A Cunnet Affair. I'm the dude that says "Itz nawt mah fualts if peepl get in mah way and we hitz them. Tha's why we've got insurenz... mate." Never fear, we'll probably see it for sale soon on the Docklands website. Hopefully whoever buys it ends up on here! Chances are some young bloke will pick it up, what with the RSK seats and the Billies e.t.c.

#64 CRUISN

CRUISN

Doin it my way.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,970 posts
  • Interests:Family, Surfing, Cars.

Posted 08 December 2009 - 08:32 PM

Not stalking Chris, I just like to watch. :D Congrats on the wags. Wags are teh shite. :D

OEM+

#65 Delete This Account

Delete This Account

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,635 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 08:45 AM

Chances are some young bloke will pick it up, what with the RSK seats and the Billies e.t.c.

You never know, The bloke who bought my old car was in his mid 40's
and that definitely looked like a "young" persons car :sarcastic:

#66 SUBARU

SUBARU

Massive Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,542 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 01:08 PM

Off I go to buy a low beam HID conversion kit... Here's a question for you lads though.. Should I do the following for the foggies: 1. Leave them as the standard foggies (in order to let them do what they are supposed to do) 2. Get a HB4 HID conversion kit for them to match the low beams 3. Go for some extra bling and get some LED HB4 plug and play globes. I'm kinda leaning away from the HID's for the foggies purely due to their location and the difficulty of the install. Discuss...

#67 Morgan

Morgan

...jus waitin' 4 a m8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,485 posts
  • Interests:Taking a poo

Posted 13 January 2010 - 01:26 PM

Sti_Lib installed HID foggies in his 03 RX without any problems afaik. It looks good too!
I have ultra blue low beams but have kept original foglight globes in and i like the look of it (slightly yellower look under the blue/white look). Up to personal taste really.

IM47Gcv.jpg

#68 SUBARU

SUBARU

Massive Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,542 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 01:31 PM

Morgs! How goes it mate? Yeah, the foggies were easy to get to on the RX. At a first look the foggies on the Gen4 are a little more difficult to get to. I too had the standard globes in my RX with the HID low beams and it worked a treat. I think I might just install the low beams to start with and then see how I go with the foggies.

#69 Morgan

Morgan

...jus waitin' 4 a m8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,485 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 01:35 PM

Maate! Its going orright!

Yea sounds like a good way to go.
Better to not like the standard and make the switch to HID then to attempt the switch, screw it up or not like it and have to switch back?

Heres a pic i found from the Central Coast meet in April 09. Matts car (Sti_Lib - 03) next to Matts car (Masta_G - 01). One with HIDs in both and one with HIDs in low beams only. Though i think Masta_G bought eBay HIDs and they are alot bluer! Sti_Lib has HID parkers too!

Posted Image

Posted Image

IM47Gcv.jpg

#70 SUBARU

SUBARU

Massive Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,542 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 01:44 PM

Thanks mate. They do look blue don't they? IT might just be the pic but they look like 8000k ones? I agree, better to do it in stages that go the whole hog. Geez, I tell you what. HID conversion kits are getting cheap. $80 including postage!

#71 Morgan

Morgan

...jus waitin' 4 a m8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,485 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 01:49 PM

Yea true they probably are 8k k. Wow $80! Ill definitely be doing the conversion in the OBK ...when i get one :P

IM47Gcv.jpg

#72 SUBARU

SUBARU

Massive Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,542 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 01:59 PM

Yay for Outback! Where are you at with this? Are you looking at a Gen3 or a Gen4?

#73 Morgan

Morgan

...jus waitin' 4 a m8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,485 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 02:08 PM

Gen3 OBK is what its looking like. Gen4s are out of my price range at the moment. Well, in reality so is the Gen3 which explains why im still driving around in the Gen2! There is no rush to make the swap as the RX is still running like a charm especially since the disks got machined yesterday! When the right one comes along i will be able to make a move. -Manual (rules out the H6 but sall good) -02-03 (maybe 01 if everything else lines up!) -Velour trim - had anough of the leather!! -<150k km -Would like a blue one but not too fussed on colour Ha, just noticed Chris, your post count is sitting on 1500 on ozlib!

IM47Gcv.jpg

#74 RX25SE

RX25SE

...............Car nerd................ now a H6 pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts
  • Interests:Cars with chrome bumpers!

Posted 13 January 2010 - 02:25 PM

Chris, Forget the LED plug and play globes. Shit. Look bright, but you can't see anything. I bought a LED H3 and a "indicator replacement" globe for my work/camping lights. Very disappointing, the only good thing is the very low current draw. I also had a LED interior lamp globe. Lasted 5min before I ripped it out.

If I told you I was a compulsive liar, would you believe me?

#75 SUBARU

SUBARU

Massive Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,542 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 02:26 PM

Morgs, Sounds like a good plan you've got there. Go for the rev d-e models... Nicer. The manuals are way less sluggish than the autos, so a good call there. If truth be know, the H6 does not really perform that much better than the 2.5 anyway.... 1500 on Ozlib.. Wow... I'm so awesome. Jas, thanks for the tip off mate! LED's are now off the list.

#76 Delete This Account

Delete This Account

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,635 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 02:28 PM

Anyway, Because it's on topic, How is the new car going? Found many differences to your old one? Missing the old one?

#77 SUBARU

SUBARU

Massive Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,542 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 02:32 PM

Anyway, Because it's on topic, How is the new car going? Found many differences to your old one? Missing the old one?

New car is going great... It hasn't missed a beat. I really don't know how I managed without a wagon previously.

Everything is different from the old one! It's way more comfortable and civilised. That said, yes, I do miss the Gen3, it was great fun to drive given all of the suspension mods.

#78 Soop

Soop

Suck, squeeze, bang, blow.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 02:36 PM

zomg put a pod filta n cannon bru.
TSM

#79 SUBARU

SUBARU

Massive Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,542 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 02:55 PM

What are you talking about Paul?

#80 thatsgoodsquishy

thatsgoodsquishy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 08:27 PM

Soooooo......your sig, XE ESP, I assume it was awesome? In a suffocated, last gasp 351 sort of way. Complete with orange stripe and Scheel seats? That was like a dream car when i was getting my license. Ah memories :drinks:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users