←  Builds and Projects

Suby Club

»

Sam's Outback 2.5L

Sam's Photo Sam 09 Feb 2011

Nah not really to be honest. The low profile tyres make those large wheel arches seem even larger. And whilst you could just get bigger wheels for them, you'd then be stuffing up whatever off-road ability the Outback has...and that would be a shame because believe me - they're great fun off the beaten track, and I'm aware there are some great tracks up your neck of the state.

Stick to original Subaru wheels. Not only because they maintain the correct offset, but because they'll look right on your car too. If your on a budget, the original Forester GT rims can be found cheap, and then you can powdercoat them whatever colour you want to give it a more aggressive look.

But whatever dude, good to see you having a bit of fun with your car thats the main thing B)

Yeah well thats the main thing... I always have the stock rims sitting there if ever i want to change back.

Adam's Photo Adam 09 Feb 2011

I have some but they dont fit on the slim ones at the front. Magnetic?

Touche, theres no way they can be bent to fit or anything?

Apart from that, no idea.

Touche, theres no way they can be bent to fit or anything?

Apart from that, no idea.

Yeah they most likely can be bent, not sure if they are bendy metal or plastic but ill sus it out and try and neaten it up.. Been meaning to.

Shiv's Photo Shiv 09 Feb 2011

Don't use the magnetic ones!! They'll fork up your paintwork! It did to my Lib and they weren't even on for that long...

Just get a holder. I've got one, anyone wants it its theres free

Morgan's Photo Morgan 09 Feb 2011

They can be bent but I'm not a fan of them... A p plate gently placed behind the number plate is the way to go IMO.
Also, the magnet ones damage your paint.

Different ways I've 'tucked'
:P

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Only had the Outback for about 2 weeks before I got my blacks though so didn't have to worry about it much

Shiv's Photo Shiv 09 Feb 2011

I got a bit of black string off a bottle of Jonny Walker (it was gift-wrapped) and used that to physically tie the P-plate to the rego plate.

Go tuck yourself Morgan...

:D

Stinkin licence suspensions... Can't wait till November

Go tuck yourself Morgan...

Haha tuck you homo.. :P

Tying is a good idea. Stops them from being stolen.
I used the bolt which held the number plate cover/frame on to pierce through the holes in the p plate for my front ones. Hence why they are on a slight diagonal (on the RX)

camoshop's Photo camoshop 09 Feb 2011

in vic you can have them in your window B)

Dylan's Photo Dylan 09 Feb 2011

I tucked mine to the side on the back on my gen2, and on the front tucked it under the number plate. Never had any fall off or break, ever.

The back one just got really really really really dirty from the huge amounts of carbon my exhaust seems to spew out.

Plates do look good mate, suit it well - nice choice.

Sam's Photo Sam 10 Feb 2011

I tucked mine to the side on the back on my gen2, and on the front tucked it under the number plate. Never had any fall off or break, ever.

The back one just got really really really really dirty from the huge amounts of carbon my exhaust seems to spew out.

Plates do look good mate, suit it well - nice choice.

I'll try and sort something out with the p plates tomorrow. And yeah I was very iffy with the personalized plates, didn't know whether I wanted a SAM themed plate or a car themed plate. Went with the car one cause I reckon I'll be driving this around for the next however long. And I think it suits. Thought the blue would have been a lot brighter blue but am happy with the colour..

DukeNik'em's Photo DukeNik'em 10 Feb 2011

Yeah I went with a name personalisation instead of car, I've been through...hmmm.....5 cars since i got my personalised plates, glad I got the name. Now I'm getting my second pair JDM-- for my Hunda.....figure I'll be driving Jap cars for a while so why not.

Nick

camoshop's Photo camoshop 11 Feb 2011

not sure any more in nsw , but do you have to pay each year for those style plates ?? 10 years ago you didnt , but i heard its changed now ...

one thing i love about in vic you pay a one off fee for personalized plates ...

Morgan's Photo Morgan 11 Feb 2011

Yup, there is a annual cost.
Those ones cost $90 p.a
'HAYES' would cost about $430

It changed in 04/05 AFAIK

Yup, there is a annual cost.
Those ones cost $90 p.a
'HAYES' would cost about $430

get it right haha HAY3S :P

cost me a one off fee of $495 :)

back in the day i got black and white ones in nsw and it cost $110 one off fee =] was CJ*1280

Sam's Photo Sam 11 Feb 2011

Yeah that's right. These ones cost me$110 to order the plates and then $49.00 to collect the plates. $90.00 a year after that. If I wanted Samuel it would have cost nearly $500 bucks.

DukeNik'em's Photo DukeNik'em 11 Feb 2011

It's $415 for my style up here. $215 for just the random sequence slimline monochrome. If I wanted NICK that'd cost something like $2,500. And the Q plates eg. Q4658 cost around $15,000+. It's all one off fees though.

Nick

Morgan's Photo Morgan 11 Feb 2011

There 'ya

$200 to pick it up
$440 p.a

Posted Image

There 'ya

$200 to pick it up
$440 p.a

Posted Image

if i move back to nsw i'll be gettting those ones