...jus waitin' 4 a m8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,485 posts
  • Interests:Taking a poo

Posted 30 July 2012 - 07:31 PM

Hahaha good pinging?!!!!

Nice.

Amazing that it suddenly left with the turbo-ectomy!

Who wuddaknown?!

IM47Gcv.jpg

#42 Shadoxity

Shadoxity

• Members
  • Pip
  • 93 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 10:46 PM

Oh yes..................good pinging. I sh1t you not. Those were the service managers exact words. My car never went back to them.
Your right, they shouldn't ping at all. It's great that you're on here educating some of the lads.

Wow, he should be fired!

Went and spent 3 hours testing the turbo changeover in my car tonight... Fairly certain i now know the limits of what is possible with std extractors and exhaust in relation to the secondary activating and spool up :)
Mine is much better than a std one, only dips to around 12psi on changeover instead of 9, but i want more! :P Now to start modifying the up pipe. lol

#43 TSG

TSG

Cured

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 12:02 AM

Wow, he should be fired!

It is refreshing to see someone on here that still has fun playing with the TT system. Aweful lot of haters that have been burnt in the past by it, and its understandeable. It is a shame our fuel is still not up to par and Subaru Australia didn't get it right for our conditions, the few people I have spoken to about the B4/GTB that have been to or are from Japan, hold them in high regard.

#44 BigWillieStyles

BigWillieStyles

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 01:37 AM

Pinging seems to be only a major issue with the late model TT's which Australia got. I have a 99 GTB and I have no probs on even the hottest days which suggests that its all in the tune.

Has anyone fitted a larger radiator to cool the cars engine more efficiently? On the rx7 forums, overheating is a major issue and will often result in pinging. So the first mod that people do is to fit the larger Koyo radiators.

#45 Alex

Alex

NO AIDS

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,230 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 10:12 AM

Pinging seems to be only a major issue with the late model TT's which Australia got. I have a 99 GTB and I have no probs on even the hottest days which suggests that its all in the tune.

Has anyone fitted a larger radiator to cool the cars engine more efficiently? On the rx7 forums, overheating is a major issue and will often result in pinging. So the first mod that people do is to fit the larger Koyo radiators.

Your car appears to be a JDM BH5 Rev A-C.
They got different turbos (not like the VF33/32 like Australian B4s got)
Your ECU is totally different to the AUDM B4s, running on different sensors. Diagnostics are different. Loom is totally different.

So your statement isn't quite accurate. It's been established that the tune is crap ad nauseum on Aussie B4's, but there's more at play before you can start comparing apples with oranges

:)

#46 BigWillieStyles

BigWillieStyles

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 11:59 AM

Your car appears to be a JDM BH5 Rev A-C.
They got different turbos (not like the VF33/32 like Australian B4s got)
Your ECU is totally different to the AUDM B4s, running on different sensors. Diagnostics are different. Loom is totally different.

So your statement isn't quite accurate. It's been established that the tune is crap ad nauseum on Aussie B4's, but there's more at play before you can start comparing apples with oranges

:)

Yeah, no worries! Was merely pointing out and opening the point for discussion that the early TT's didnt ping.

#47 Tim.

Tim.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,024 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 12:50 PM

the early TT's didnt ping.

You should say the JDM TT's didn't ping. The issue was the aussie tune they received when they hit our shores.

Being an import, my ecu had the JDM tune so was lucky enough not to experience ping. I have had it further tuned to accommodate 98 octane as JDM are tuned for 100 octane. However in saying that, i had no issues running 98 octane beforehand.

After the tune, it's a different car - love driving it 'even more' now.

#48 Shadoxity

Shadoxity

• Members
  • Pip
  • 93 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 08:27 PM

You should say the JDM TT's didn't ping. The issue was the aussie tune they received when they hit our shores. Being an import, my ecu had the JDM tune so was lucky enough not to experience ping. I have had it further tuned to accommodate 98 octane as JDM are tuned for 100 octane. However in saying that, i had no issues running 98 octane beforehand. After the tune, it's a different car - love driving it 'even more' now.

I love the twins! Driving this evening i was just going "i love this low down torque!" its just such a pleasure to drive around, Especially since my tuning mods for the primary (something you definitely dont get with ecutek) its much more responsive :)

#49 Jovi

Jovi

When one set of Twins is Just not enough.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 453 posts
  • Interests:When one set of Twins is Just not enough.

Posted 01 August 2012 - 09:41 PM

I have a 01 e-tune JDM and it still pinged the main reason they ping is due to timing on load on a hot day.....FMIC helped a little but main help was tune and timing being fixed in the tune....(Shadoxity) did that....with further discussions to more better tunes for the B4 between 4 different B4's JDM and ADM delivered...
Posted Image

#50 Shadoxity

Shadoxity

• Members
  • Pip
  • 93 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 12:15 AM

I have a 01 e-tune JDM and it still pinged the main reason they ping is due to timing on load on a hot day.....FMIC helped a little but main help was tune and timing being fixed in the tune....(Shadoxity) did that....with further discussions to more better tunes for the B4 between 4 different B4's JDM and ADM delivered...

Im really curious to how the front mount will effect the dynamics of the turbos :)

#51 Zac

Zac

1544C

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,686 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:42 PM

I'm curious as to where to get a tune for my B4 in Sydney, one that doesn't cost a million dollars.. LOL

2002 B4 Rev E

2004 Outback Premium 3.0R

#52 glenisanutter

glenisanutter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • Interests:Snowbording, Dirt Bike, SUBY

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:23 PM

I'm curious as to where to get a tune for my B4 in Sydney, one that doesn't cost a million dollars.. LOL

I use tune house at marickville! a good tune will still cost money but Jim does it right !

#53 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts
  • Interests:tl;dr

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:24 PM

That's the place on the way to Marrickville Metro right?

Happy birthday by the way mate. ;)

Wanting to buy/looking for: single genuine STi rim, genuine STi front lip, Corazon or Zero/Sports grille and another OEM grille

Can you hook a brother up? Please contact me now. I have cash ready.

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

2006 Liberty MY06 3.0R SpecB wagon

#54 glenisanutter

glenisanutter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:36 PM

cheers mate! they are in Chalder st. I have had two seperate tunes done by Jim. Happy both times!
had one done at MRT before that had to go back four times before they got it right.stalling issues and shit.

twin turbs tune 185kw atw
single conversion 215kw atw. both done at tune house! more than happy both times!

#55 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:42 PM

Sweet, I've considered them but haven't made any calls yet of course. Haven't been able to add anything to my wagon. Would you recommend a tune after I get an exhaust system installed, or before? That's probably the only thing I have planned short-term for it. Still on my green P's till later this year but I don't know whether I'll turbo it or not...

Approximately how much does it cost?

Wanting to buy/looking for: single genuine STi rim, genuine STi front lip, Corazon or Zero/Sports grille and another OEM grille

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

#56 glenisanutter

glenisanutter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:51 PM

do the mods all at once then tune it! if you wait to tune it you risk running lean or too far advanced and boom! an exhaust and air filter wont affect it too much on NA motor. but if you are set on a tune do it after the work so the tune will take advantage of the mods that you do.
As far as cost goes my tunes cost me 11-12 hundred bucks but that was for a full custom tune because of the amount of changes i had made.
i have spoken to jim since about better boost control and was priced 500 for the solenoid,install and dyno. So it all depends how long he will spend on the car!
Once you decide what you want call him and factor the cost of the tune into the budget of the mods!

#57 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:08 PM

Sounds good then.

The only reason why I ask whether I should tune the car after I get an exhaust system installed is to take advantage of better fuel economy, throttle response, etc. I know there may not be a drastic difference, but would whatever difference justify the cost to get the tune? Like I said, the only modification would be the exhaust system and headers. Everything else would have to wait till I get my full license (and that's assuming I keep the car and continue with more modifications).

Worthwhile or not?

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

#58 nickknack

nickknack

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:14 PM

No. Do exhaust, then tune

#59 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:20 PM

Noted.

Thanks.

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

#60 multistyle

multistyle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:31 AM

hi
I had a question I see a lot about ekutek and that would not be good
what is it recommended to search as a replacement
I am one of the 5 RSK owners here in the country that I know off
and that it is therefore
there is a subaru tuner but since it uses ecutek
This is not very wise when I read that as
Who can help me with this problem
I don't want to sent engine to subi heaven
my RSK is almost standard for the engine is only a hks air filter
Here in the Netherlands we have no 100 ron but 98 is really and I can possibly supplementing it with an octane booster
or do I have to stay far away from that
thanks

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Aids

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users