• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

#21 jakefake

jakefake

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 06:24 AM

I'm picking mine up today from the post office so ill use this DIY and see how i go 

#22 jack_keaka

jack_keaka

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • Interests:I was saying "boo-urns"

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:34 AM

Wow you can buy anything in the post office these days!

#23 Tim.

Tim.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,024 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:38 AM

Cheers anyway :) hoping someone else can shed some light on this.. ha!

Yep, the parkers are different. They are a twin filament bulb and which is the kerb lamp. They light up the the relevant side of the road or kerb when you indicate left or right.

I didn't have to modify the wiring because i have a JDM loom and plugged straight in

#24 Samwise

Samwise

Official official of the official.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,434 posts
  • Interests:Taste so good, make you wanna slap yo' mama.

Posted 09 July 2013 - 09:32 AM

I gave up and Ben from Ichiban is wiring it up for me. :P

I like to think of it as borrowing someone's car and driving it better than them.

#25 Zac

Zac

1544C

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,686 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 09 July 2013 - 09:47 AM

I gave up and Ben from Ichiban is wiring it up for me. :P

Cheater.. if I get some, I'll go see him too... :P

2002 B4 Rev E

2004 Outback Premium 3.0R

#26 Samwise

Samwise

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,434 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 09:50 AM

Cheater.. if I get some, I'll go see him too... :P

Nah, mine were missing some part of the plugs and I didn't feel like forking around and accidentally ruining something.

I like to think of it as borrowing someone's car and driving it better than them.

#27 Zac

Zac

1544C

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,686 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 09 July 2013 - 10:18 AM

Nah, mine were missing some part of the plugs and I didn't feel like forking around and accidentally ruining something.

Ha.. cool cool... well I think I will look around for a set of HIDs and have a go at installing them... this DIY makes it look so easy... well easier than you'd thing..

2002 B4 Rev E

2004 Outback Premium 3.0R

#28 jack_keaka

jack_keaka

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 12:47 PM

Yep, the parkers are different. They are a twin filament bulb and which is the kerb lamp. They light up the the relevant side of the road or kerb when you indicate left or right.
I didn't have to modify the wiring because i have a JDM loom and plugged straight in

Ahhhhh that's why I didn't have problems! Mine came with most of the wiring including clips.

#29 jakefake

jakefake

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 10:46 PM

Did this DIY last week, it was so easy to do with this DIY took all of 40mins to changeover to HID. 

Just incase people are going to buy some in the near future, Give 'EBAY.COM' a try not .AU as you can usually make an offer on them that the seller will accept. 

I paid only $130 + $50 shipping for JDM HID Kouki REV D Headlights off Ebay.com some hong kong seller, Perfect condition and they were advertised for $210USD

#30 Dav_fre

Dav_fre

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 12:55 AM

Rev D and E park and indicators are the same plug (direct fit) for JDM and AUS model headlights

#31 krazynayba

krazynayba

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 11:36 PM

I'm interested in doing this with my '03 AUDM B4. I've read somewhere online that you need to dremel somewhere up front in order to fit them in? (unless that was for the US Legacy?) 

If I were to buy something such as: http://www.ebay.com/...6d0a353&vxp=mtr

would this just bolt straight into where the AUDM lights are? Also, how does one tell the difference between the different revisions of the lights?

Super keen on getting HID's in and done the proper way with the correct housings! :D

#32 Samwise

Samwise

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,434 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 11:39 PM

I'm interested in doing this with my '03 AUDM B4. I've read somewhere online that you need to dremel somewhere up front in order to fit them in? (unless that was for the US Legacy?) 

If I were to buy something such as: http://www.ebay.com/...6d0a353&vxp=mtr

would this just bolt straight into where the AUDM lights are? Also, how does one tell the difference between the different revisions of the lights?

Super keen on getting HID's in and done the proper way with the correct housings! :D

Direct bolt in for your 03 B4 ..

You just need to fiddle with the wiring.

#33 jack_keaka

jack_keaka

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 12:02 AM

bolts directly in. no dremel or anything. as the first post shows, only wiring required.

#34 krazynayba

krazynayba

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 08:22 AM

Thanks heaps for the help guys! That's good, wiring doesn't bother me - I'm fine with electrical/electronic stuff, just when it comes to using power tools I know I'll put a hole through something  :P

As for purchasing the lights, are there any particular variants I should watch out for that won't fit or work correctly? i.e. other than the example link I posted? Last thing I want to do is order them and be all like ->   :dash2:

Cheers again!

#35 Samwise

Samwise

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,434 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 09:12 AM

Thanks heaps for the help guys! That's good, wiring doesn't bother me - I'm fine with electrical/electronic stuff, just when it comes to using power tools I know I'll put a hole through something  :P
As for purchasing the lights, are there any particular variants I should watch out for that won't fit or work correctly? i.e. other than the example link I posted? Last thing I want to do is order them and be all like ->   :dash2:

Cheers again!

make sure they have the bullet style indicators like you posted :)

#36 krazynayba

krazynayba

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 11:59 PM

Thanks Mate! Yep, found some with those indicators and made an offer (http://www.ebay.com....984.m1497.l2649). Probably paid a bit more than I should have - got them for $116 USD and $109 postage which came to $250 AUD all up, and thats about as much as I'd like to pay for them.

Which globes are used with the HID housings and could anyone recommend a decent place to buy them? Probably going to go for 4300K as I don't want to attract unnecessary attention (and I'm looking for max light output.)

Once again thanks for the help :)

#37 Samwise

Samwise

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,434 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 12:22 AM

Thanks Mate! Yep, found some with those indicators and made an offer (http://www.ebay.com....984.m1497.l2649). Probably paid a bit more than I should have - got them for $116 USD and $109 postage which came to $250 AUD all up, and thats about as much as I'd like to pay for them.

Which globes are used with the HID housings and could anyone recommend a decent place to buy them? Probably going to go for 4300K as I don't want to attract unnecessary attention (and I'm looking for max light output.)

Once again thanks for the help :)

That's a decent price. You're normally looking at about $400 to buy them over here.

They use D2R HID globes. eBay is fine..

#38 jack_keaka

jack_keaka

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 10:56 AM

Does anyone know what watt the globes are? 55? The stock globes arent as bright as my AUDM lights. It perhaps I need new ballasts?

#39 owen1r

owen1r

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 02:09 PM

Does anyone know what watt the globes are? 55? The stock globes arent as bright as my AUDM lights. It perhaps I need new ballasts?

Interested in this also, I would love some higher light output without blinding people..

Does changing the bulbs increase light output or would it require new ballasts as jack mentioned above?

#40 krazynayba

krazynayba

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 07:48 PM

Got my lights today, they came with 35W D2S globes that appear to be a higher, bluer colour temp. I've checked around and seem to find conflicting information on the correct globe type. Some sites suggest that the D2S are the correct ones, but some suggest that the D2R's are the right ones. That being said, I've also read that there is only a small difference between the D2R and D2S. Apparently the D2R has an extra "stripe" on it somewhere which acts as an extra precaution to prevent glare. Does anyone have any definite info on which one is correct? Not that I mean to discount your advice Stocky but I'm just a tad confused considering mine came with D2S globes. I suppose someone could have just put in the wrong globes, which is likely considering they don't appear to be the stock 4300K colour temp.

I'm probably gonna order some new globes before I wire up and bolt these babies in though, as these ones look more like they're gonna be between 6500K and 7500K judging by the blue tint on them. Last thing I want to do is get the coppers' attention!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users