#101 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Stereos, Electrical

Posted 01 March 2017 - 03:49 PM

I'll pull the struts out as soon as I get it back here man. Work over west has been delayed because of doctors pissing contests due to my surgery back in 2014, so if I can tee up a car trailer this weekend I'll grab it sooner rather than later. Instead of flying out today, hopefully I fly out next week.

Suspension will be upgraded, so they can be pulled quickly. To make life easier, does anyone have a set of screwed ones I can put back in the Gen 2 to allow it to be moved easily? Not a big issue if there isnt, but makes life easier if there's something there at least.

MY00 Red RX, a nice daily that was sold off once the B4 became reliable...
MY02 Blue B4, aka 'The Project' - v8 JDM STi engine package and assorted other 'goodies' - Sold, then bought back for parts. Stripped and crushed.
MY03 Blue RX, the newer old daily, pretty well more B4 than RX now... In the process of being converted to the track toy... Watch this space!
MY02 Silver Wagon, H6 conversion, full blue/black leather and almost full black interior to go with it.
MY03 White/Silver H6 Outback, donor car for silver waghoon.
MY97 Silver RX, acquired to become track car, but plans changed. To be stripped and scrapped in time.

#102 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 07:37 AM

Does anyone have or know where I can get a Gen 2 turbo bonnet? Track car is apparently minus a bonnet at the moment, so hoping to find one cheap.

Cheers,

Ben

MY02 Blue B4, aka 'The Project' - v8 JDM STi engine package and assorted other 'goodies' - Sold, then bought back for parts. Stripped and crushed.
MY03 Blue RX, the newer old daily, pretty well more B4 than RX now... In the process of being converted to the track toy... Watch this space!
MY02 Silver Wagon, H6 conversion, full blue/black leather and almost full black interior to go with it.
MY97 Silver RX, acquired to become track car, but plans changed. To be stripped and scrapped in time.

#103 andrew_k

andrew_k

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 11:16 AM

I've got an 03 GD front crossmember you can have for free. It's going in a metal bin otherwise. Direct fit to GC8 rack etc. PM or email or something if you want it, I'm not here much.

#104 Barbbachello

Barbbachello

Touring Bruce

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,456 posts
  • Interests:Docking

Posted 02 March 2017 - 11:56 AM

I've got an 03 GD front crossmember you can have for free. It's going in a metal bin otherwise. Direct fit to GC8 rack etc. PM or email or something if you want it, I'm not here much.

Problem with gd cross member is it has the wider mount for the control arm

tIeW8DE.png

#105 andrew_k

andrew_k

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 12:13 PM

I had no problem fitting GC8 sti control arms to it. I have those for sale too, $150 negotiable. I took your advice and went FE550 quick rack in 05+ crossmember while my toaster is in pieces ;)

#106 Barbbachello

Barbbachello

Touring Bruce

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,456 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 05:28 PM

I had no problem fitting GC8 sti control arms to it. I have those for sale too, $150 negotiable. I took your advice and went FE550 quick rack in 05+ crossmember while my toaster is in pieces ;)

Weird. They should fit but theyll be loose? Speaking of the toaster hows it all going?

tIeW8DE.png

#107 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 08:22 PM

Ok, hows about a N/A Gen 2 bonnet - I'm assuming the models dont matter here? - Its not like gen 3's where there was pre and post facelift

#108 Barbbachello

Barbbachello

Touring Bruce

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,456 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 09:01 PM

Ok, hows about a N/A Gen 2 bonnet - I'm assuming the models dont matter here? - Its not like gen 3's where there was pre and post facelift

Correct all gen 2 bonnets are the same. Turbo bonnets are hard to find. Best bet would be ex Japan but would be looking at 250-300 landed

tIeW8DE.png

#109 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 11:37 PM

Awesome. I'm working on the theory that this thing will end up with a front mount by the time I'm done with it, so was thinking today, "why do I need a turbo bonnet?"

Thanks Nick. Also, how stripped is this thing? does it still have a seat in it, or has it been proper stripped? :sarcastic:

And Andrew, please hold it for me, might do a road trip to come get it in a few weeks, unless you're down this way at all for anything. No idea if I'll use it, but I might, and its free, so no harm in having it here.

Cheers,

Ben

#110 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 12:00 PM

So who owns what from this track car? I understand the struts need to go back to Ty, and I also am of the impression that the wheels belong to someone (despite being the slut wheels of subyclub melbourne). Just trying to figure out what needs to be given back as I change out components.

Picking it up tomorrow...

Cheers,

Ben

#111 Barbbachello

Barbbachello

Touring Bruce

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,456 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 12:02 PM

No seats or door cards and the dash is in the back seat. That's as far as we got. If you strip the carpet I'd happily take it for my gfs car if you're coming back out this way

tIeW8DE.png

#112 Barbbachello

Barbbachello

Touring Bruce

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,456 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 12:04 PM

So who owns what from this track car? I understand the struts need to go back to Ty, and I also am of the impression that the wheels belong to someone (despite being the slut wheels of subyclub melbourne). Just trying to figure out what needs to be given back as I change out components.

Picking it up tomorrow...

Cheers,
Ben

It's got a wrx seat in it that's mine. Last I remember there was a bunch of other stuff in but I can't remember if it's any use to anyone. Ty owns the wheels

tIeW8DE.png

#113 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 01:17 PM

Ok, cool. I'll keep you in mind for the carpet man. It'll get pulled at some point. As soon as I get around to changing the seats, I'll drop that back to you as well. Unless you want it back sooner.

#114 Barbbachello

Barbbachello

Touring Bruce

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,456 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 04:16 PM

Ok, cool. I'll keep you in mind for the carpet man. It'll get pulled at some point. As soon as I get around to changing the seats, I'll drop that back to you as well. Unless you want it back sooner.

Pretty sure its the passenger seat so no rush

tIeW8DE.png

#115 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 05 March 2017 - 04:25 PM

Right. So I just picked this thing up. Its now in the shed in Ballarat. Also got some version 7 STi rims (Gold ones, the same as what I had on the B4) from Joss while I was there. $150 bucks. One needs a repair done, but cheap is good for track car, and they fit brembos... Plans are afoot.

Will keep this thread updated rather than start another.

Cheers,

Ben

#116 andrew_k

andrew_k

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 03:20 PM

Excellent, it lives one!

Sparco seat for $100 in the bargains thread if you need a driver's throne for this?

GD crossmember sitting in my shed until we move. House is for sale, if it sells i'll pm you to say get a move on.

Actually I'm coming through Ballarat on my way to Timboon on saturday. PM me your address if you want it dropped off.

#117 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 03:28 PM

Hey all. So plans are afoot with the old girl. Got a call from Josh last week (the bloke who bought my B4) asking if I wanted to buy it back. Which I do. But I want it for all the goodies I put into it, not for a road car. Hopefully he accepts the fact that I want to part it out and we can come to an arrangement. So this thing might have a v8 STi motor with B4 box and LSD diff, brembos and good tyres and rims sometime soon - he also has a gen 2 turbo bonnet as well, which is handy. Few other nice bits that might get put into it as part of the transfer - leaving a few gen 3 parts I will sell to recoup some of the costs of buying it back.

I'll keep you all posted, but I'm hoping we can come to an arrangement he is happy with.

Cheers,

Ben

#118 Barbbachello

Barbbachello

Touring Bruce

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,456 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 12:39 PM

Winner winner

tIeW8DE.png

#119 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 07:55 AM

Right. Be a little while, but the B4 will be coming back home to me. Probably 2 to 2 1/2 months. Josh has a turbo gen 2 bonnet for me, as well as coilovers. I'll probably change the wheels over next swing. So if anyone needs to borrow the wheels from Ty, you know where to come. I'll drop them back to Ty once I've changed the struts over and can drop them back to him as well. Don't see the point doing two trips to the other side of Melbourne. Just a waste of money that could be spent on the car. I'll probably throw the seat in on that trip for you Nick.

The B4 will have the parts removed that I want, including the gauge cluster - Nick, I'll grab your loom diagram for the Gen 2 Black face meter install as well if thats ok. I'll install that while I'm at it. Once this is stripped, the excess Gen 3 parts will be sold off. Unsure whether the 401 scoop can be fitted to the Gen 2 bonnet, but I'm going to give it a go. Even if its only minor changes. 401 Front bar apparently needs repair before it can be sold - incident with a tow bar. Depending on how badly damaged it is as to whether its worth fixing and selling or just binning it. Hopefully it doesn't cost too much to repair - cost me a pretty penny.

If theres anything else someone needs from a gen 3, please let me know - the Bilstein/Pink spring combos will be up for grabs, Basically anything Gen 3 specific will be available. The manual dash set, as well as the full blue/black leather trims and interior from the ADM B4's. Full for sale posts and photos will be put up once the old girl back in Victoria. Unfortunately I need it complete to drive it back from NSW, so it cannot be parted closer to sydney. Sorry NSW boys, but it will need to be stripped in Victoria.

Cheers,

Ben

#120 CodeBurn3r

CodeBurn3r

Resident Mexican

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,048 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 01:33 PM

depending on when it gets stripped, some parts can get go to HVC with the mexican crossing i guess

Nice to see it has some plans Ben

ams: "Can't live with them, can't throw rocks at them."

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: racecar, bitsa, gen2, skids

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users